John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have to have a better ownership group in the wings than him...unless of course he hands the reigns over to richie sambuca who in turn hands it over to heather locklear, in which case in favor.

link in case anyone cares

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24275196/jon-bon-jovi-interested-in-purchasing-the-buffalo-bills

AKA Jon Bon Jovi, as per Jason LaCanfora. Thoughts?

I would much rather see the team sold to someone with local ties and is less likely to try to move the team. Whether or not the NFL wants the team in Buffalo/Toronto, I think having a locally based owner silences those rumblings.

Also, I know Bon Jovi has friends, but he's got nowhere near the type of cash that some other people who have expressed interest in buying the Bills or other NFL teams have.

Edited by uncle flap

Rocking at the Ralph,

AS long as he keeps the Bills in Buffalo and remains the successful businessman he's been I'm OK with it.

BonJovi or Boob Kraft who hired cheaters, (accused) murderers, and drug dealers

According to several sources in the music industry, Bon Jovi's dismissal of longtime guitarist Richie Sambora is likely even related to his pursuit of a franchise, as Sambora was the highest-paid member of his band and the next most prominent member, and by using session musicians or unknowns, he is then able to keep his costs down. Bon Jovi is a shrewd businessman who has kept much of his operation in-house and has long been the central figure in making deals for the band.

He is obviously incredibly wealthy and is held in high regard by NFL owners and within the league office, but it is very difficult to end up as the primary owner of a franchise and they do not change hands all that often. The recent passing of Titans owner Bud Adams has put a finer focus on the age and relative health of some owners, and while Adams' family has plans in palace to retain the franchise into the foreseeable future, that is not the case with the Bills

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Jon is cheap

That's hilarious!!

It sounds like his intention would be for the team to remain regional and in the area. I am cool with anyone that intends to keep the Bills in WNY. I hope that the team does not hit the market too close to that 7 year out clause in the lease. That could be a disaster.

I think that is the first time I've read about how serious Rogers Communications was about buying the team. If they do then we are 110% moving to Canada. As the article says, it's going to be hard for any individual or group of investors to compete with a multi-billion dollar corporation. I'm really sad now. If Buffalo loses the Bills I don't know what we'll do. It's one if the only things going for us

Also, I know Bon Jovi has friends, but he's got nowhere near the type of cash that some other people who have expressed interest in buying the Bills or other NFL teams have.

ive seen websites show completely different numbers. Anywhere from $125m to $300m. At this point, I think Forbes is probably the most accurate so I'll go with Forbes. They show he has a net worth of $290m. And although that might not be enough to own the team himself, he contribute a huge chunk of money to say... The Kelly ownership group. $200m+ maybe. Would be anywhere from a quarter to a fifth of what it is estimated to purchase the Bills organization.

http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/forbes-400/ones-to-watch/profiles/0917_ones-to-watch_jon-bon-jovi.html

He's not a Bill. He's a cowboy. On a steel horse he rides.

So well done…lol…..all these years of losing has honed a tremendous sense of humor around 2BD.

I would rather have someone with stronger ties to WNY…..he's a south Jersey guy that identifies himself with Philly. Art Modell and Bob Irsay could't resist the expansion opportunities and I believe that they were rooted in the areas from which they moved away….

I'm not saying LaCanfora has ANY special insight into the situation, but it's interesting to see the article littered with references to "the region", which includes Toronto.

Those continuing to resist the Bills in Toronto series really are misguided in thinking the Bills have any chance of staying in Buffalo long term, absent some type of Toronto connection. The winning bidder is going to be in DEEP, and the economics of a "Buffalo only" franchise just aren't there for the successful bidder who needs to see a return on his investment - and that doesn't even include taking on debt from a potential new stadium.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I think that is the first time I've read about how serious Rogers Communications was about buying the team. If they do then we are 110% moving to Canada. As the article says, it's going to be hard for any individual or group of investors to compete with a multi-billion dollar corporation. I'm really sad now. If Buffalo loses the Bills I don't know what we'll do. It's one if the only things going for us

I've posted this before, but in the early 90's my buddy and I saw a psychic for fun. A couple girls we worked with said she was getting all sorts of stuff right, so we gave it a shot. One of the things I asked her about was the Bills (I asked if they would ever win the SuperBowl). She said she didn't see them winning the big one, but she DID see them listed in the newspaper standings as "Tor-Buf", which she said meant that they would one day officially become the Toronto-Buffalo Bills.

I have brought it up on here a few times but I do not think that the importance of WHEN they hit the market is receiving enough attention. I do not expect the media people to understand the intricacies of a stadium leases but someone needs to tell them to look into it. I posted this in July and it talks a little but about it:

The $400M out clause in the 1st 7 years is what will assure that a buyer keeps the team. No one is going to buy the team tomorrow with the intention of waiting to move them. The people that would buy the team if it were currently on the market will keep it in WNY. It drops to $28.4M in 7 years and that is when it is scary. There are plenty of buyers that will absorb that. No one is going to pay $800M for the team and $400M to move them. They may pay $800M for the team and then $28.4M to get out of the lease.

Those continuing to resist the Bills in Toronto series really are misguided in thinking the Bills have any chance of staying in Buffalo long term, absent some type of Toronto connection. The winning bidder is going to be in DEEP, and the economics of a "Buffalo only" franchise just aren't there for the successful bidder who needs to see a return on his investment - and that doesn't even include taking on debt from a potential new stadium.

Totally agree