John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The NFL has a vested interest in keeping the Bills a regional team, for Western New York and Southern Ontario, and in most any scenario the team will continue sharing games to some degree with Toronto. And if Rogers Communications were to get the team and get a Super Bowl-quality stadium built in Canada, then undoubtedly the number of games played in Toronto would increase over time."

:sick:

I don't mind losing one game a year. It's a necessary evil at this point. But man, having to split games with southern Ontario would suck. It would feel like I am renting a team to watch on 4 Sundays a year.

I think that is the first time I've read about how serious Rogers Communications was about buying the team. If they do then we are 110% moving to Canada. As the article says, it's going to be hard for any individual or group of investors to compete with a multi-billion dollar corporation. I'm really sad now. If Buffalo loses the Bills I don't know what we'll do. It's one if the only things going for us

Pegs is worth $3.1B. He also owns the Sabres, which gives him pro team ownership experience.

I don't see the nfl allowing a company anytime soon.

Nfl rules on ownership state you must have one owner who owns a majority of the team, and that must be a person. They would be giving up a lot by allowing that to change to a corporation. I don't see the current owners all agreeing to that.

I don't see the nfl allowing a company anytime soon.

Nfl rules on ownership state you must have one owner who owns a majority of the team, and that must be a person. They would be giving up a lot by allowing that to change to a corporation. I don't see the current owners all agreeing to that.

Keeps it an extremely wealthy mens club...

I've posted this before, but in the early 90's my buddy and I saw a psychic for fun. A couple girls we worked with said she was getting all sorts of stuff right, so we gave it a shot. One of the things I asked her about was the Bills (I asked if they would ever win the SuperBowl). She said she didn't see them winning the big one, but she DID see them listed in the newspaper standings as "Tor-Buf", which she said meant that they would one day officially become the Toronto-Buffalo Bills.

Did she mention anything about me winning the lottery? I'm starting to get impatient.

Pegs is worth $3.1B. He also owns the Sabres, which gives him pro team ownership experience.

1. He's a hockey fan and he had his hands full with the Sabres.

2. I thought I read you can't be a majority owner of both an nhl team and nfl

I'm really upset that Mr. Wilson won't consider selling to ensure the team stays in Buffalo. Isn't he concerned with his legacy? That all goes out the window if the team moves. Or he can sell now to the Jim Kelly group and be remembered as a hero. I don't get it

2. I thought I read you can't be a majority owner of both an nhl team and NFL.

You can as long as they are in the same market (at least that is the NBA rule). For example Pegula could not own the Sabres and Dallas Cowboys. He could own the Sabres and Bills or Cowboys and Stars. It is a little different if there is not a team in that market. For example he could own the Winnipeg Jets and the Seahawks.

Those continuing to resist the Bills in Toronto series really are misguided in thinking the Bills have any chance of staying in Buffalo long term, absent some type of Toronto connection.

Repetition of this false spin does not make it true.

The Buffalo Bills were NOT losing money before the "Toronto deal"

Adding the deal money of course adds to the Bills stability, but those who keep repeating the mantra that, the Bills can't survive without playing in Toronto, are incorrect.

Repetition of this false spin does not make it true.

The Buffalo Bills were NOT losing money before the "Toronto deal"

Adding the deal money of course adds to the Bills stability, but those who keep repeating the mantra that, the Bills can't survive without playing in Toronto, are incorrect.

Correct, but the non shared revenues created by the new stadiums in Dallas, NY, Arizona, Indy, etc... were nowhere near the levels that they are at now. For example, the stadium in NY is about $50M in suite revenue (the Bills are around $7M). Those numbers drive the cap and would have put the Bills in a rough position. That is why Ralph voted against the CBA when everyone thought that he was nuts. It turns out that he was right. The Toronto deal offsets a good deal of revenue that the Bills are unable to make up playing at RWS.