When were you most wrong on a player?

plenzmd1

James Hardy is a good one! If you watched his college highlights he looked like Megatron in the red zone. I thought that he was going to be a TD machine. Then he pulled the gun on his dad. He was much more like Charles Rogers than he was Calvin Johnson. I was dead wrong on Hardy as well (same with Rogers for that matter).

i didnt think hed be as dynamic but i thought hed atleast have SOME production. maybe a matt jones type of career? nope. (big guy, maybe not a natural route runner or gamechanger but....)

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill 'Earthquake' Enyart

Complete rookie backfield to open the '69 season. James Harris, Earthquake and some runner from USC..

'We're going places NOW!'

Incidently, (before my time), why did we draft RB at the first overall pick of rounds 1 and 2 in the same year???? Who F***ing does that?? Some things never change.

http://en.wikipedia....Draft#Round_one

Edited by maddenboy

Incidently, (before my time), why did we draft RB at the first overall pick of rounds 1 and 2 in the same year???? Who F***ing does that?? Some things never change.

amazing how much the game has evolved over the years to becoming a well thought out science with regards to team building. looking back, sometimes it looks much more like throwing stuff against a wall to see what would stick. between scouting, player development, etc... the draft has come a loooong way.

It's only been a few years since the running back went from being your most sought after big name (for big money) to a mostly plug and play kind of position (except for the notable exceptions such as Adrian Peterson and a few others).

RJ fooled me badly... He looked like Joe Montana in camp and that got me good. Looked like Charlie Brown on game day :)

anyone who saw RJ in college knew about him--what a disaster he was. Of course Buffalo didnt(doesnt?) actually work that way. The Bills didt bother that much with that boring film stuff--because he had a good game in TB(?).

I remember reading a lot of negative posts about McKelvin and Mario Williams. I'm here to tell all of y'all "I told you so"!

I was VERY negative about Williams the first season.

I WAS WRONG

Thank gosh , i was even ,very wrong.

Leodis has been my underdog favorite and i am quite pleased.

A Williams at safety earned honorable mention.

Searcy i thought to be hopeless as Sheppard. Pettine fixed that it seems.

There. I feel better now thanks

I was on the James Harris bandwagon from the start. Read an article after the draft how Harris and OJ would lead the Bills into the promised land. Saw Harris in camp. What an arm. I would still bet he had the best arm in Bills history. Could throw the ball through the swinging tire damn near every time. I am still not sure what went wrong besides his mysterious stomach ailment.

The only really bad thing I can remember about him is he threw the 10 yard pass with the same velocity as the 60 yard pass.

I was on the James Harris bandwagon from the start. Read an article after the draft how Harris and OJ would lead the Bills into the promised land. Saw Harris in camp. What an arm. I would still bet he had the best arm in Bills history. Could throw the ball through the swinging tire damn near every time. I am still not sure what went wrong besides his mysterious stomach ailment.

The only really bad thing I can remember about him is he threw the 10 yard pass with the same velocity as the 60 yard pass.

JH went to LA and had a career. The Bills missed on him but he wasn't in anyway a bust.

Dennis Shaw: 1970 Rookie of the year!

Fitzy...I thought even though we all know he lacked throwing ability---I thought he had the brains and athletic ability to make up for the lack of football talent.-that he'd be our Joe Kapp.

Turns out he had a low football IQ.

Great comparison!

I was most wrong about Kelvin Sheppard. I thought from watching his college videos and pre game speeches that he might bring high energy to the defense.

He was the first to come to my mind as well, and actually it was a double wammy for me. I was glad that we got him, but I thought the Bills were insane for not taking Mallet with that pick.

anyone who saw RJ in college knew about him--what a disaster he was. Of course Buffalo didnt(doesnt?) actually work that way. The Bills didt bother that much with that boring film stuff--because he had a good game in TB(?).

That is not true. He was on a very good USC team and was regarded as a good mid round prospect. He was hardly a disaster in college. The game in question was in JAX vs Baltimore I believe. Great looking QB in practice, had an amazing arm. Couldn't process the speed of the game though. Plenty of NFL types thought he could be great, Gruden among them.