Blake Bortles: Do the Bills take a shot at 9 ? Turns Pro

Love the way you consistently state your opinion as if it's fact.

i know you are smart enough to know the difference between fact and opinion. i really don't think everyone needs to write out IN MY OPINION before making a post.

FACT: in 2013, EJ is the 29th ranked QB by passer rating and 30th ranked by Toatal QBR in the league.

OPINION: right now we have 1 mediocre with a little upside (EJ), 1 mediocre with no upside (thad) and 1 never will be mediocre (Tuel).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the way you consistently state your opinion as if it's fact.

I don't agree with his opinion at all but what is he supposed to do, say "IMO" every time he says anything? The bigger issue is he states the exact same thing over and over again and that he believes himself to have a keen eye when it comes to QBs.

I don't agree with his opinion at all but what is he supposed to do, say "IMO" every time he says anything? The bigger issue is he states the exact same thing over and over again and that he believes himself to have a keen eye when it comes to QBs.

He's a crusader, that's for sure. Right or wrong mission is the real question. Wrong!.....IMO of course.

i'm not here to irritate anyone.......i do believe strongly in the need of a Franchise QB above all else. it's a QB league, all the rules are geared towards QB's. until you have that you are spinning your wheels.

i'm never nasty to anyone, but i will take a break.

i'm not here to irritate anyone.......i do believe strongly in the need of a Franchise QB above all else. it's a QB league, all the rules are geared towards QB's. until you have that you are spinning your wheels.

i'm never nasty to anyone, but i will take a break.

Yeah, I know you're never nasty to anybody and I agree that obviously it's a QB driving league. I just tire of reading "EJ is NOT that QB, if the Bills had Peyton they'd be 9-7....etc." I get it, but it doesn't need to be re-stated over and over.

But it's your prerogative, as you said you're not mean to people and I can simply choose to skip over your posts. So if it's cathartic or makes you feel better have at it and if it irritates me that's no skin off your back. It's all good. :beer:

EDIT: I also disagree about the Peyton thing, if they had Manning they'd be 13-3, not 9-7.

Edited by MDH

I just tire of reading "EJ is NOT that QB, if the Bills had Peyton they'd be 9-7....etc." I get it, but it doesn't need to be re-stated over and over.

To your point, I bet he gets tired of reading the same people saying how great EJ is going to be based on the way he played this year. That too is tiring when you believe the exact opposite. Just sayin...

i know you are smart enough to know the difference between fact and opinion. i really don't think everyone needs to write out IN MY OPINION before making a post.

FACT: in 2013, EJ is the 29th ranked QB by passer rating and 30th ranked by Toatal QBR in the league.

OPINION: right now we have 1 mediocre with a little upside (EJ), 1 mediocre with no upside (thad) and 1 never will be mediocre (Tuel).

Just to play the stats game...

FACT: Andrew Luck was ranked 26th in total passer rating last year, behind Blaine Gabbert....

To your point, I bet he gets tired of reading the same people saying how great EJ is going to be based on the way he played this year. That too is tiring when you believe the exact opposite. Just sayin...

I'm not talking about reading the same sentiment from a collection of posters, I'm talking about reading the EXACT same phrase over and over again from the same poster.

And to your point - I've seen very few posts saying people think he's going to be great. There are pretty much three sides to this coin - the ones who say he sucks and the Bills should move on, the ones who say they don't know but they'd like to see another QB drafted to compete and the ones who don't know and are willing to give him some time to develop.

I've not seen the "he's great based on his performance" crowd.

Exactly who is saying that? Most are taking a wait and see approach as we've seen both good and bad from EJ. The jury is most definitely still out.

Exactly who is saying that? Most are taking a wait and see approach as we've seen both good and bad from EJ. The jury is most definitely still out.

thats what i was going to say too. it seems the most ringing endorsement ive seen is "i still think he could be good"

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. There are a couple of regular posters on this forum who immediately jump into a conversation and start defending EJ the minute someone criticizes anything about him. Those very same posters claim that they are "undecided" about EJ. Yet based on the way they defend EJ to ends of the earth against any criticism whatsoever, it is apparent to me that they are very much not "undecided" about EJ at all regardless of what they say they are.

You can call yourself "middle of the road" or "undecided" but your actions reveal your true underlying feelings and motivations. That is all I am saying.

And I don't care if you like EJ or not or if you think you are "undecided" or not. That is up to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I am simply pointing out what I think that other poster might be thinking.

Edited by PolishDave

Has there ever been a franchise that selected QBs in the 1st round in back to back years? I'm going to go with NO, but I'm sure there may be 1 scenario in the past to prove me wrong.

This regime will not take a QB in the 1st. Or I would be shocked. Super shocked. It's career suicide for Whaley.

FYI - Cowboys took Aikman and Walsh and back to back years, but traded Walsh to 'Aints. Colts took Schlichter and Elway in back to back years. But Schlichter was suspended and we all know what happened with Elway.

Has there ever been a franchise that selected QBs in the 1st round in back to back years? I'm going to go with NO, but I'm sure there may be 1 scenario in the past to prove me wrong.

This regime will not take a QB in the 1st. Or I would be shocked. Super shocked. It's career suicide for Whaley.

FYI - Cowboys took Aikman and Walsh and back to back years, but traded Walsh to 'Aints. Colts took Schlichter and Elway in back to back years. But Schlichter was suspended and we all know what happened with Elway.

I wouldn't think it would be career suicide for Whaley? I could be dead wrong about that though and I could be in the minority. I want a manager who makes the best decision for the roster, not the best political decision for himself. I wonder what the average fan reaction would be. I would think that the average fan is not overly impressed with EJ (could be dead wrong about that too) and therefore would not have any problem with drafting another QB.

Career suicide?

It would be career suicide if Whaley took ANY of the QBs coming out?? Even if one fell to us at 9, hypothetically?

Exactly, anyone thinking QB in round 1 for the Bills is nuts. Not because I think EJ is going to be great, I'd like to give him another year, but because it just doesn't happen. In no way will OBD take a QB after taking one last year. I don't care if Bridgewater is still available, they are committed to EJ for next year and that's that. Backup QB is still open, but a round one QB isn't on their list.

Not sure if Bills take a QB at #9, but am sure that the QB position needs to be upgraded someway, somehow. Poor QB play is the definition of career suicide in the NFL. See what happened on Monday.

FACT: Andrew Luck was ranked 26th in total passer rating last year, behind Blaine Gabbert....

That's why it's worth actually watching the QBs.

If EJ through a bunch of picks because of aggressive downfield throws in anticipation of WR cuts, the stat sheet might look bad but I'd be encouraged about his future.

Instead, he is a checkdown artist with horrific numbers. The only thing I like about his game is that he throws a nice deep ball on "go" routes like Losman did. I also like his athleticism but he refuses to run out of the read option, which is crazy. Dude is not making it in NFL if he's not adding 500-800 yds on the ground each season.

I'd def take him if he was available. You can't "hope" that the most important player on the team suddenly becomes good simply because you want him to. Look, I REALLY want EJ to succeed. I thought the pick was fantastic at the time. However, EJ has shown nothing (yes, partly due to injury, but that's besides the point really) to show that he is a franchise QB. Perhaps we draft one and EJ becomes great. What's the problem with that. Two good QB's. Not really a bad problem to have.