Blake Bortles: Do the Bills take a shot at 9 ? Turns Pro

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else?

Hundley has talent but he should do the Marriota.

In your view, what attributes make a great NFL QB? I'm curious because some of the guys you have been enamored with simply didn't have what it takes to excel at the NFL level.

Really, like who?

But every GM in the NFL is too stupid to see this and draft him in the 7th?

What do you think of Michael Maxwell?

You shouldn't embarrass your relatives like that

One late round QB we should take a flyer on is Casy Pachill from TCU. He missed half of this year with a broken non-throwing arm and most of last year with a DUI arrest getting him kicked off the team. But going back to his Freshman and Soph year he was great. He has the size at 6'5'' and 240ish and a strong arm.

With his issues and lack of recent production I bet he goes undrafted or at most, the 6th or 7th round. Perfect guy to waste a 6th or 7th on and leave on the practice squad IMO. This kid makes Tuel look like a highschool freshman.

Regarding Bortles, I haven't seen much of him but I am about to watch him in the fiesta bowl which is starting in 10 mins. From what I have seen, it appeared his offense was very horizontal, with very little verticle routes. He threw a lot of bubble screens. Is this true of all of his games? In conclusion, I wasn't impressed with their offense as a whole and therefore not very confident in Broyles, because he didnt throw too many NFL passes; I couldnt even evaluate him in my armchai way lol.

True, that's why Casey is in the sig would be a total steal to land this kid.

Hundley has talent but he should do the Marriota.

Really, like who?

Are you being serious? You seem like a good guy but you're like the worst at scouting Qbs. General rule of thumb: do the opposite of whatever u say. John Skleton. Landry Jones. Blaine Gabbert. Ryan Tannehill (worst numbers than EJ had as a rookie).

EJ had a better year in the ACC than this guy did in one of the worst conferences in college. The fact you don't like EJ makes me like him more. The best thing about this guy is he dates a girl with giant fake ones. To advocate him over EJ is just the definition of irrationally hate EJ. Happy New Year!

Are you being serious? You seem like a good guy but you're like the worst at scouting Qbs. General rule of thumb: do the opposite of whatever u say. John Skleton. Landry Jones. Blaine Gabbert. Ryan Tannehill (worst numbers than EJ had as a rookie).

EJ had a better year in the ACC than this guy did in one of the worst conferences in college. The fact you don't like EJ makes me like him more. The best thing about this guy is he dates a girl with giant fake ones. To advocate him over EJ is just the definition of irrationally hate EJ. Happy New Year!

dude go check the Manziel thread I talked about all that stuff over there.

The fact you like EJ shows you didn't watch him in college at all and are just being a Bills homer.

dude go check the Manziel thread I talked about all that stuff over there.

The fact you like EJ shows you didn't watch him in college at all and are just being a Bills homer.

Right. Or I'm a Bills fan and hoping that the guy gets us to the playoff. I'm also not completely irrational and have the mindset of a teenage girl and realize every rookie qb is going to struggle.

Well, expect Bortles. He will single handedly change the qb position!

Right. Or I'm a Bills fan and hoping that the guy gets us to the playoff. I'm also completely irrational and have the mindset of a teenage girl and realize every rookie qb is going to struggle.

Well, expect Bortles. He will single handedly change the qb position!

all true

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Manziel is about the same size as Brees. He obviously plays a different style though.

And Brees has to stand on his toes to throw & is about as pure of a pocket passer as there has ever been.

Johnny will get the Vick treatment. Keep him in the pocket and force him to beat you from there. Personally, I don't think he will be able to do that but it will be interesting. Hard to imagine the reaction if Houston passes him up.

And Brees has to stand on his toes to throw & is about as pure of a pocket passer as there has ever been.

Johnny will get the Vick treatment. Keep him in the pocket and force him to beat you from there. Personally, I don't think he will be able to do that but it will be interesting. Hard to imagine the reaction if Houston passes him up.

I think that Houston takes Bridgewater. Johnny goes to Jax or Cleveland IMO.

I think that Houston takes Bridgewater. Johnny goes to Jax or Cleveland IMO.

You're probably right but could you imagine if Johnny Football is the better player? There would be a riot in the lone star!

But as much as some impatient fans want to replace EJ, there are a ton of question marks in this group.