Blake Bortles: Do the Bills take a shot at 9 ? Turns Pro

Exactly, anyone thinking QB in round 1 for the Bills is nuts. Not because I think EJ is going to be great, I'd like to give him another year, but because it just doesn't happen. In no way will OBD take a QB after taking one last year. I don't care if Bridgewater is still available, they are committed to EJ for next year and that's that. Backup QB is still open, but a round one QB isn't on their list.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct that OBD will not take a QB. But they should as I indicated above. What happens if EJ starts the season and stinks it up. You have no viable way to salvage the season. Not taking a QB is gambling the entire 2014 season on EJ. (much like the 2013 season was gambled on him after Kolb got hurt and the FO did nothing, and we all know how that turned out). Conversely, you draft a QB, EJ lights it up, and you have a good young backup or trade bait if another teams QB goes down.

Edited by RyanC883

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't take a QB before the 3rd, but there should be some talent left at that point this year. I think we need to shore up some other positions like WR and LB before we invest another 1st so quick on QB

This. They should also look at OL before picking another QB. Even if the best QB is available for the first three rounds, it won't matter if he doesn't have someone in front of him worth his salt.

I was also disappointed in EJ's performance...Jekyll & Hyde, injured half the time, etc. If he gets consistent playing time, he *should* improve. But like a head coach, you gotta give him a fair shot. Half a season isn't enough.

My problem with EJ (and I have been one to give him a chance) is that what he doesn't do well isn't something that improves with time. He does not make good decisions with the football or presnap. It is one thing to be inaccurate or get fooled from time to time by certain defensive formations but he just never seems to see the right thing. Go back through those all 22's and you will be discouraged by some of the things that he saw.

I was in the camp that he was worth the chance based on his physical skills. I am now in the camp that does not believe that he can become successful for the reasons mentioned above. It looks like he will get another year but I am not hopeful that things will be drastically different.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

if they are going to take a QB, it has to be early, and has to be someone who would be an immediate improvement over EJ. They have enough late round Development guys on the roster (Dixon, lewis and Tuel), adding another isn't going to help. If they still think EJ is the guy here, but they want to upgrade the QB position and have depth in case he gets hurt again, then they need to look at FA for a veteran backup, not another guy that may have potential. If one of the top guys that has the potential to be a day 1 starter is there when they pick and they think he can be better then EJ in 2014, they should take him. If not, then stick with what you have or go get someone in Free Agency

I don't like his delivery, but he is super productive. I just want to win, and if they believe he is an improvement, then do it. Although we are talking about the same people who thought EJ was much further advanced then he really was.

Bortles looks as raw as EJ.

I'm also going laugh when Manziel measures in at 5'11 190lbs at the combine

Well...That kind of thing used to be funny...

Until Russell Wilson came along...And normally I don't like to make comparisons to Wilson because he is basically one of a kind...But as someone who watched Wilson from his Frosh year at NC St I can say that he is the QB Manziel reminds me of most...And it's not their height...It's the way they play the position...Remember one key thing about Russell Wilson is that he has huge hands for a guy his size...Here's what A&M's former OC Kliff Kingsbury said about Manziel...""The ball just jumps out of his hand...His hand is so big it just engulfs yours. It really helps that he can wrap his hand all the way around the ball. … There's nothing 'little' about him. He's put together..."

1. Derek Carr, Fresno State

Quick release makes up for good but not great arm strength. He's highly productive and prepares with passion.

I know you're just the messenger so don't take offense, but I'm convinced whoever wrote this doesn't even know who Derek Carr is. He throws off his back foot with more power than most QBs stepping into a throw. He's got question marks but arm strength isn't one of them.

He does have the right sidekick.

lindsey-duke-300x168.jpg

Very average face & giant fake jugs. Probably fun but nothing you can't find at a Florida strip club.

This whole thread makes me laugh. He threw 2 screen passes for tds against a very average d and he's the new rage around here.

Well...That kind of thing used to be funny...

Until Russell Wilson came along...And normally I don't like to make comparisons to Wilson because he is basically one of a kind...But as someone who watched Wilson from his Frosh year at NC St I can say that he is the QB Manziel reminds me of most...And it's not their height...It's the way they play the position...Remember one key thing about Russell Wilson is that he has huge hands for a guy his size...Here's what A&M's former OC Kliff Kingsbury said about Manziel...""The ball just jumps out of his hand...His hand is so big it just engulfs yours. It really helps that he can wrap his hand all the way around the ball. … There's nothing 'little' about him. He's put together..."

EJ has really big hands too!