Blake Bortles: Do the Bills take a shot at 9 ? Turns Pro

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To expand the conversation to a more realistic width, who are this year's Andy Dalton, Colin Kapernick, Russell Wilson, and Nick Foles?

In other words who could the Bills snag in the 2nd and 3rd rounds who would make good developmental prospects and become either a good starter or a good backup a la Frank Reich/Gary Kubiak/Jeff Rutledge?

Wasn't the kid from North Carolina Renner considered a potential first rounder at the beginning of the season?

To expand the conversation to a more realistic width, who are this year's Andy Dalton, Colin Kapernick, Russell Wilson, and Nick Foles?

In other words who could the Bills snag in the 2nd and 3rd rounds who would make good developmental prospects and become either a good starter or a good backup a la Frank Reich/Gary Kubiak/Jeff Rutledge?

Wasn't the kid from North Carolina Renner considered a potential first rounder at the beginning of the season?

Possibly Tajh Boyd & Zach Mettenberger

1, maybe 2 quality wins this year. No way he goes ahead of Bridgewater anyway.

And one of those was against Bridgewater, who is basically AJ McCarron, which good just not great.

I hope he doesn't go first and drops in our lap (or Manziel)

Bortles certainly goes after Teddy & most likely Johnny. Teddy is the real deal; he has the best arm talent.

not from the games I watched, Hundley probably has the best arm.

i think Miami stuns the draft and tries to get him in the 2nd round

Not happening in both regards

As I stated in another thread, if we draft him we also need to find a RB named James so that the Bortles and James era can begin.

I don't know much about him yet but it sounds like one to look at if he does leave college early. I don't believe we would go QB in the first round this year though.

not named James but his back in UCF Storm Johnson is solid, Would like to see Tyler Gaffney on this team as well.

Mettenberger just tore and had repaired his ACL. We already have a developmental project at QB with knee injury issues.

He asked who were 2nd & 3rd round prospects that could develop into starters. I am not advocating for either of them. I was simply answering the question.

And one of those was against Bridgewater, who is basically AJ McCarron, which good just not great.

I hope he doesn't go first and drops in our lap (or Manziel)

not from the games I watched, Hundley probably has the best arm.

No offense but you obviously haven't seen much of Bridgewater. He can make all of the throws, he's an above average athlete and makes good decisions. Go back and watch his bowl game this year (or last year for that matter). He is not really like McCarron at all.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He asked who were 2nd & 3rd round prospects that could develop into starters. I am not advocating for either of them. I was simply answering the question.

No offense but you obviously haven't seen much of Bridgewater. He can make all of the throws, he's an above average athlete and makes good decisions. Go back and watch his bowl game this year (or last year for that matter). He is not really like McCarron at all.

I saw enough, but each to his own.

I'll add Aaron Murray & David Fales

Those are good additions. I don't know why I just have a feeling that Murray will make it. He's such a great competitor. Fales certainly has the tools.

I saw enough, but each to his own.

I was just a little confused by the assertion that the consensus number 1 QB on the board (Bridgewater) is basically the same player as a guy that will go in the mid rounds (McCarron)? I have seen them each over 10 times now and I don't see the similarities in their games. They are both accurate but other than that I didn't understand the comparison.

Those are good additions. I don't know why I just have a feeling that Murray will make it. He's such a great competitor. Fales certainly has the tools.

I was just a little confused by the assertion that the consensus number 1 QB on the board (Bridgewater) is basically the same player as a guy that will go in the mid rounds (McCarron)? I have seen them each over 10 times now and I don't see the similarities in their games. They are both accurate but other than that I didn't understand the comparison.

same size, arm, athleticism, they are basically the same guy.

same size, arm, athleticism, they are basically the same guy.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess that we just disagree. I would say that the athleticism is vastly different and their arms are different. Teddy will have Houston back in the playoffs next year IMO. He reminds me of a more athletic Matt Ryan.

Bortles certainly goes after Teddy & most likely Johnny. Teddy is the real deal; he has the best arm talent. He completed 71% of his passes for 4k yards and 31 TDs vs. 4 INTs. He's the guy.

Not against NFL talent or even SEC talent (well not even much better than MAC talent). He may be a big-time NFL prospect, but his level of competition is pretty low and, I would think, that Univ Central Florida can recruit better athletes than others in their conference.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess that we just disagree. I would say that the athleticism is vastly different and their arms are different. Teddy will have Houston back in the playoffs next year IMO. He reminds me of a more athletic Matt Ryan.

fair enough, hope he goes to Houston and we get Blake or Johny.

Matt Ryan? isn't he a lot bigger.

Ryan is 6'4 and 217 Lbs

Teddy is 6'3 and 207 lbs

I would take Blake or Johnny (especially Johnny). It doesn't sound like that is realistic but I do not think that EJ is the answer. The fact that they reduced the playbook after week 14 or whatever scared me. I didn't like his decisions or accuracy and he got hurt 3 times. It sounds like he is goin to get another year but I am not too optimistic.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The Bills won't take either one if they declare because both will likely be gone ahead of pick nine. Like it or not, EJ is going to be the Bills QB in 2014. Your fantasy of another QB will have to wait until 2015 contingent upon how EJ fares next season.

I've been screaming "Connor Shaw" since the '2012 season... He could be there in the fourth round waiting for a shot. -Which is all a kid like that needs. Another kid I like is Cody Green from Tulsa... At 6'3" 247 he's a big kid, but fearless, and aggressive. I also wouldn't mind San Jose State's David Fales... He's got a good Accurate arm, but may end up just being a solid backup in the NFL... Other names come to mind like ND'sTommy Rees, and U-dub's Keith Price.... I'm not sold on Blake Bortles just yet... The UCF running game is awesome, and may be making him look better than he is.

Ryan is 6'4 and 217 Lbs

Teddy is 6'3 and 207 lbs

I would take Blake or Johnny (especially Johnny). It doesn't sound like that is realistic but I do not think that EJ is the answer. The fact that they reduced the playbook after week 14 or whatever scared me. I didn't like his decisions or accuracy and he got hurt 3 times. It sounds like he is goin to get another year but I am not too optimistic.

about the same, I see.

not optimistic either, sigh.

I agree with you about Blake Bortles, future flop, being gone before the second round but Miami may try a QB as they have to be sick of doing nothing but fidgeting with their Talleywhacker.

nice try crayonz

The Bills won't take either one if they declare because both will likely be gone ahead of pick nine. Like it or not, EJ is going to be the Bills QB in 2014. Your fantasy of another QB will have to wait until 2015 contingent upon how EJ fares next season.

:death:

I've been screaming "Connor Shaw" since the '2012 season... He could be there in the fourth round waiting for a shot. -Which is all a kid like that needs. Another kid I like is Cody Green from Tulsa... At 6'3" 247 he's a big kid, but fearless, and aggressive. I also wouldn't mind San Jose State's David Fales... He's got a good Accurate arm, but may end up just being a solid backup in the NFL... Other names come to mind like ND'sTommy Rees, and U-dub's Keith Price.... I'm not sold on Blake Bortles just yet... The UCF running game is awesome, and may be making him look better than he is.

I'll take Connor Cook.