Tickets left for Bengals game

CodeMonkey

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're starting a guy at QB who was parked on the PS 2 weeks ago and for whom no other team would add to their active roster.

If they don't sell out this week's game, it should be enough evidence that weather isn't the only reason why fans aren't going.

Theres always excuses why the "NFLs greatest fans" who deserve their team can't sell out the cheapest tickets in the league. :rolleyes:

Theres always excuses why the "NFLs greatest fans" who deserve their team can't sell out the cheapest tickets in the league. :rolleyes:

This is coming from a season ticket holder so I do go to the games(although I gave my tickets away to my nephew & his friends this week) but with all the outlets there are to buy tickets(Ebay, Stub Hub, Ticket Exchange) I really think the bills need to sell the games out before the season starts(or get close to that number) to get the games sold out. Once the season starts, they are going to have trouble moving large blocks of seats especially if they don't win. String together a playoff season or 2 & you would see the place sold out every Sunday. I really believe that.

not a bad deal, $20 donation to breast cancer gets you 2 tickets to the game

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills

For a minimum donation of $20 to breast cancer awareness, #Bills fans will receive two tickets to #Bills-#Bengals

the $20 donation is a NOCO promotion:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Limited-tickets-available-for-donation-at-select-NOCOs/6f98280a-a7f8-46a3-ae1c-7c43d157e6f3

Tickets will remain available for fan purchase through gametime on Sunday. The Bills encourage fans interested in attending the game to purchase tickets at buffalobills.com, ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-877-BB-TICKS (1-877-4257).

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-guarantee-sellout/ca73f9d4-bad3-402e-8841-75efe8d74367

Edited by papazoid

Exactly. If you really want to go to the game, cough up the $40(I guaranty you could get tickets for even less @ the stadium if you wait right around game time) & head to the stadium. If you can't afford the $40 you probably got more pressing needs then watching a Bills game anyways. I have season tickets but I am not going. I just don't feel like going up to the stadium & watching Thad Lewis QB this team. It is going to be a beautiful day out & I am going to bring the TV out on the patio, grill some ribeyes, play some wiffle ball with my son & drink about 20 beers. Will I be able to watch the Bills game? No, but I will find some other games to watch, maybe even between teams that have QBs playing for them that should actually be in the league & not QBing the local semi pro flag football team like the QB we have going for us this week.

You're planning on getting plastered while playing ball with your son, yet it's the guy who doesn't have $40 (for each ticket, mind you, plus parking and concessions, etc.) to spend on football tickets who has issues?

not a bad deal, $20 donation to breast cancer gets you 2 tickets to the game

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills

For a minimum donation of $20 to breast cancer awareness, #Bills fans will receive two tickets to #Bills-#Bengals

It's an amazing deal.

And I'm sorry. This was a Jacksonville job by Bills' fans. Props to that greedy punk Ralph Wilson. Trying to fatten his pockets with super expensive tickets. :doh:

This is coming from a season ticket holder so I do go to the games(although I gave my tickets away to my nephew & his friends this week) but with all the outlets there are to buy tickets(Ebay, Stub Hub, Ticket Exchange) I really think the bills need to sell the games out before the season starts(or get close to that number) to get the games sold out. Once the season starts, they are going to have trouble moving large blocks of seats especially if they don't win. String together a playoff season or 2 & you would see the place sold out every Sunday. I really believe that.

Wow, I know Bills fans are regularly duped into buying tickets to Bills games that feature both has been's and never will be's, but will we really plunk down our $'s religiously to sell out every game before the season begins? Have the Bills moved their headquarters to Rome?

cool he is buying them...but i am 100% positive it was a ton less than the 5300 they reported yesterday. About 1 pm yesterday, after a quick glance at the ticketmaster site, there was no way more than 1000 left. I do not know where the 5300 comes from..does someone else know for sure?

It’s funny. Yesterday I was thinking about how great an owner Ralph is and then he does this.

Some people complain about the Bills for different reasons but the most important thing to me is that they have always stayed in Buffalo and the ticket prices are among the lowest in the league.

Say what you want about Ralph but he is one of the all time great owners.

CBF

When Wilson buys the extra tickets, doesn't he usually give them away to underprivaledged kids? That's pretty cool!

or military personnel

My God Ralph is so #$%ing cheap he makes our military and underpriviledged kids sit in the upper deck. Any other owner would have bought out club seats for our soldiers what a disgrace.

RALPH IS CHEAP

that 24 hour extension saved him 100 tickets.

I'm not sure what your point is. He made a very kind gesture. Asking for the 1-day extension doesn't dilute his generosity and presumably saved him several thousand dollars, at whose expense?.....Nobody's.

You're planning on getting plastered while playing ball with your son, yet it's the guy who doesn't have $40 (for each ticket, mind you, plus parking and concessions, etc.) to spend on football tickets who has issues?

Hey my slider works alot better when I am half in the bag what can I say.

actually, i think thet .34 represents what gets given to the the visiting team..so he does pay out of pocket for those tickets

But as owner of the team he's essentially buying them from himself, no?

I'm on my second beer and it's been a very long week so I'm not going to think through the tax implications.

In any event, it's a very nice and generous gesture.

Edited by KD in CT

I'm on my second beer and it's been a very long week so I'm not going to think through the tax implications.

Yes but it must not be a popular move in the eyes of other NFL team owners. I'm glad he doesn't care.

Lets there was 1,000 tickets left and they each had a face of $1.00, and Ralph bough them for $0.34 out of his pocket, not any money associated with the Bills.

That $340 gets given to the Bengals,Ralph sees none of it....so he is out the $340.

Then he donates to charity and that comes off his personal taxes....as the way i see it Ralph buys these as a private citizen, not the owner of the Bills.

Edited by plenzmd1

Exactly. End of story.

Has anyone seen USA Today's 'watchabilty rankings' for this week's games? The Bengals-Bills ranks 14th out of 15 games this weekend. Somehow the Jags-Broncos game ranks #3. They must be expecting a real cliffhanger. Almost as ridiculous, Wash-Dal ranks #5.

Has anyone seen USA Today's 'watchabilty rankings' for this week's games? The Bengals-Bills ranks 14th out of 15 games this weekend. Somehow the Jags-Broncos game ranks #3. They must be expecting a real cliffhanger. Almost as ridiculous, Wash-Dal ranks #5.

P. Manning, RG3 and Romo versus Thad Lewis and Andy Dalton. No great mystery there.

P. Manning, RG3 and Romo versus Thad Lewis and Andy Dalton. No great mystery there.

Watching Peyton pin 60 on the pathetic Jags is the opposite of watchable for me. Me, I'll be happy to watch our Bills surprise some folk tomorrow with a win. Becoming more optomistic as the week progresses that Thad may be able to manage this thing to 17 points or so. The rest is up to our quickly improving defense. I'll feel a lot better if Gilmore plays to lock down Green. Go Bills!!

Watching Peyton pin 60 on the pathetic Jags is the opposite of watchable for me. Me, I'll be happy to watch our Bills surprise some folk tomorrow with a win. Becoming more optomistic as the week progresses that Thad may be able to manage this thing to 17 points or so. The rest is up to our quickly improving defense. I'll feel a lot better if Gilmore plays to lock down Green. Go Bills!!

My point, exactly. Thx.

A big part of why is because you are a Bills fan. No one but Bills and Bungles fans will be watching that game tomorrow.

A big part of why is because you are a Bills fan. No one but Bills and Bungles fans will be watching that game tomorrow.

Watching a lop-sided Jags-Broncos game that will be over by the 2nd qtr doesnt sound too entriguing either...and don't get me started on how bad the two teams' (Jags & Broncos) uniforms look.

The way I look at this it's a brilliant marketing move by RUSS. It dispels the "Ralph is cheap" crowd. It makes the poor guy who loves the Bills but can't afford a ticket happy he can see the game. It makes advertisers happy that their product will be shown across WNY. It raises money for breast cancer survivors. Finally from a fiscal standpoint, if it puts 5,000 more people in the stadium the money made off concessions and parking will take up a big chunk of the money they had to pay the Bengals.

...Thanks Russ... er Ralph!