Tickets left for Bengals game

CodeMonkey

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to a Bills post on Facebook a short while ago ...

Russ Brandon announces there are 7,000 tickets remaining for the Bills vs. Bengals game on Sunday.

So it looks like us couch-gaters will be watching ****ty internet feeds or watching some other day.

I know the blackout policy has been discussed over and over, and the 85% rule has been discussed in depth, it just still shocks me that with the amount of revenue generated, this viewing policy is still in effect.

The NFL is greedy enough to squeeze every penny out of its fans.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Still, after watching that Miami-Baltimore game Sunday it makes me very much appreciate Bills fans. That Miami stadium was 1/3 empty, 1/3 Ravens fans and 1/3 Phins fans. Quite embarrassing for a 3-1 Miami club at the time and an attractive opponent.

WHen i went to the Bills/Ravens game a week earlier, every seat was taken and it was a beautiful sight in the stadium and around the Lots. Sure there were probably 4,000 or so Ravens fans in attendance but the atmosphere was mostly Bills and still awesome.

Hope they can move those final 7,000 tix but i doubt they sell out unless a corporation steps up.

Why don't you go to the game?

According to a Bills post on Facebook a short while ago ...

So it looks like us couch-gaters will be watching ****ty internet feeds or watching some other day.

The NFL is greedy enough to squeeze every penny out of its fans.

Bills scramble to avoid first blackout of the NFL season: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/bills-scramble-to-avoid-first-blackout-of-the-nfl-season/

The NFL has made it through five weeks with no blackouts. That streak could end on Sunday.

The Bills are scrambling to persuade fans to buy tickets for the debut of quarterback Thad Lewis, who’ll be subbing for the injured EJ Manuel as Buffalo hosts the Bengals.

During an appearance on WGR 55 in Buffalo, CEO Russ Brandon said 7,000 tickets must be sold to avoid a local blackout.

As part of the effort to televise the game in Buffalo, the Bills have offered $15 per ticket via Twitter.

This organization is now reaping the rewards of having a backup QB on the cheap. Any doubt this game sells out if we trade the lousy 6th or 7th it would have taken to get Freeman for the rest of the year? How ironic that a younger vet QB becomes available for a token pick, we pass, then are left begging him to sign here instead of the Vikings only days later. We will not sell out another game on the schedule the rest of the way aside from the Toronto farce. I know tix revenue is a small fraction, but picking up the balance of Freeman' s salary for the would have paid off at the box office. Fans know the season is dead, and Marrone's ridiculous blathering on Monday was just an attempt to wipe serious egg of the face of Brandon and Whaley. "Good seats still available" is now the mantra for 2013 at OBD.

Several reasons:

1) I don't enjoy watching the game in the stadium as I end up having to watch at least half on the scoreboard. My HD TV is far superior to the scoreboard and my family room far more comfortable than the seats at the Ralph.

2) I prefer watching with my family and spending several hundred dollars minimum per game is not something I prefer to do. Even if it wasn't a perennially sub-par product.

3) All the TV timeouts are excruciating. I record and automatically strip out commercials then watch during dinner with the family after spending the afternoon doing something other than watching a sporting event. A game in 75-ish minutes is far more reasonable.

Those are the main reasons.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The greddy SOB Wilson and his incompetant henchman Branden should elect the 85% option so this wouldn't be an issue. Why there isnt a campaign to get rid of both these losers is amazing to me !

Wilson, SELL THE TEAM !

I'm sorry. If you can't sell out a game for like $40/ ticket (there's a $15 off promo too) in 70 degree weather, it doesn't deserve to be on tv. We'd all be laughing if this was Jacksonville. The Manuel injury sucks but there's plenty of players to go see.

This is on Bills fans.

I'm sorry. If you can't sell out a game for like $40/ ticket (there's a $15 off promo too) in 70 degree weather, it doesn't deserve to be on tv. We'd all be laughing if this was Jacksonville. The Manuel injury sucks but there's plenty of players to go see.

This is on Bills fans.

Thank you...couldn't have said it better myself.

There's one fool-proof way to guarantee that you see the game. If you CHOOSE not to take advantage of it, then my opinion is that you lose your right to complain when you cannot see it.

This organization is now reaping the rewards of having a backup QB on the cheap. Any doubt this game sells out if we trade the lousy 6th or 7th it would have taken to get Freeman for the rest of the year? How ironic that a younger vet QB becomes available for a token pick, we pass, then are left begging him to sign here instead of the Vikings only days later. We will not sell out another game on the schedule the rest of the way aside from the Toronto farce. I know tix revenue is a small fraction, but picking up the balance of Freeman' s salary for the would have paid off at the box office. Fans know the season is dead, and Marrone's ridiculous blathering on Monday was just an attempt to wipe serious egg of the face of Brandon and Whaley. "Good seats still available" is now the mantra for 2013 at OBD.

So Josh Freeman would sell the game out?

There's one fool-proof way to guarantee that you see the game. If you CHOOSE not to take advantage of it, then my opinion is that you lose your right to complain when you cannot see it.

I disagree. For me, the wife is due with our first any day now so we didn't spring for tickets this year. I'd still love to see the game.

I disagree. For me, the wife is due with our first any day now so we didn't spring for tickets this year. I'd still love to see the game.

I relate to that: my wife was due with twins (our first) last year--both boys; ended up being born on Valentine's Day (same as Jim and Hunter Kelly). I'm not saying one should or shouldn't get tickets under those circumstances, just saying that we still went (she even went to an early December game 7 months pregnant--Mrs. Bandit rules).

Nevertheless, that is your choice to not buy tickets. I understand why you're making it: you've decided that being home with your pregnant wife is more important than guaranteeing yourself a chance to see the game. That's perfectly fine, and doesn't change my statement in the slightest.

Congrats on the little one by the way; coolest thing in the world.

So Josh Freeman would sell the game out?

I'd say it would have a strong chance of it. Face it, Bills fans feel this season is now officially over. Josh Freeman would give us a fighting chance going forward. An early October decent weather game while we are still in an OK spot record wise? Should be an easy sell out. The FO left themselves in this situation. 7000 tix probably would cover most of Freeman's salary for this game. It's inexcusable really.

This is on Bills fans.

No this is on management. Give the customers a product worth seeing and they'll come. It's like having a concert and finding out the lead singer has been replaced with a 4th string karaoke singer. Who cares who the drummer is.

I'm going because I bought tickets before the season started when they had at least two viable QBs. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to buy now.

This is on Bills fans.

I disagree. This falls squarely on Russ Brandon and that bean counter Overdorf. A good backup QB and this game sells out.

I'll be at the game this week but that being said this statement doesn't apply as widely as you make it seem to.

There are people who live 150 - 200 miles away who are affected by the antiquated NFL black out rules. I'm pretty sure they still have at least a little bit of a right to complain.