DraftTek Positional Needs --- Any Changes Needed?

Astrobot

Right now, I have CB as our P1 need, with a M3 (a second CB as early as Round 3).

I have OG and TE as our Priority 2's.

P3's are Safety, OC, and OLB34.

LT, RT, RBF (feature running back) are P4.

P6's are QB, FB, DE, ILB.

All others are P9, which rarely get selected by DraftTek's computer.

What we decide will go here with every other team's positional needs, and the new mock next week will reflect everyone's changes:

Don't know what I'm talking about? Read the top paragraph here.

Been waiting on you for this... I tried to run a mock myself but we ended up drafting Dion Jordan or something...aka it's still on 2013's draft.

I would move CB to P2 because McKelvin has improved enough that I am not as worried. However, more glaring is the giant hole in the middle of our offensive field. A TE is big for us. OG is obvious but I do not think we need to draft one in the first two rounds.

P2: TE and CB

P3: OG, FS, OLB34

P4: DT43, RBF, LT

I removed the OC from the P3 ranking because I feel we could easily find a Geoff Hangartner type player in FA. If we are going to have a multifaceted interior OL then we need to make sure he is a veteran. Should Wood go down we need someone who can captain the line. Having two rookies next to a hot/cold Glenn could be dangerous.

DT43 has been added because I see the difference without Dareus in the lineup. Kyle Williams is showing his age and we need to start looking at the future here. Keeping rotations with young guys will help us going forward - it worked with Carrington and I think it could work with a DT43.

P6: QB, ILB-Jack/Sam - DE, RT

The ILB-Jack/Sam - DE would be a a standup outside DE able to set the edge on the defense and cover. A Cornelius Bennett type. Able to contain, cover, and put his hand down and blitz.

In Free Agency I expect us to look at signing a 2nd tier DE who will see playing time. http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DL&y=2014 I wold love for us to get Keisel. I also believe it will be a good year for free agent OL. http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2014 This could reduce the OL need come draft day. The LB free agent list is interesting too... http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=LB&y=2014

I think you're probably spot on in terms of needs, except that I would really be looking for the best available player among OLBs and CBs in round 1. Also, no OG or S before the 4th round since the Bills don't appear to value those positions as much.

I still don't think we have the stretch the field, deep threat receiver that we need. With that in mind I find it hard to believe we will pass on a talent like marquise lee if we have the chance to draft him in April. Its only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but I believe he is an AJ Green type talent. O-line, TE, CB are up there as well and you can find good ones in rd's 2-4. We may need another running back but contrary to popular belief, you can find a serviceable back in the later rounds. Alfred Morris for example.

its mega early but i wonder if the bills would be able to get jermaine gresham in free agency. hes in a contract year.

idk if i want the bills to draft a OG in the first. im thinking best available. maybe ILB/OLB 1 and then OL 2, DB3

Best available OL. If it is a OT then fine. Move Glenn to LG. If it is a guard then take him if they draft outside of the top 10.

If they draft in the top 10 they should take the best available WR. Every guy we have that is any good is a possession or slot guy.

As always if they can trade down and get BA TE followed by a OL in the mid to late first round may be the best option.

P1: DE

The loss of Carrington leaves us with just Mario as the only legitimate DE. Provided they don't address this in free agency.

P2: OG, S

Guard is obvious. Safety needs more upgrading, especially if we lose Byrd.

P3: TE, WR

I like Chandler, but the unit as a whole needs more help. Another WR would be a wise move.

P4: CB, RB

Depth for both positions.

P5: DT

Not giving up on Dareus, so I see this as depth.

P6: OLB, OT

Depth for both positions

P7: ILB

Depth

Why are you moving Glenn to LG when he's clearly already a very good LT?

I see this every so often around here and I continue to shake my head...

It's FAR more likely that the Bills Draft an OT in the 1st Round and play the Rookie inside for a year or two...

Anyway...Just glancing at the CBS board I noticed 5 of the Top 25 players are OT's at this point...One OG ranked in the Top 25...And an additional OG and OT in the late 1st-early 2nd area...That's some nice depth...7 of the top 37 currently are O-Linemen... :thumbsup:

CBS currently has only 2 CB's with 1st round grades, and 2 more CB's in the late 1st-early 2nd area...

So at a VERY early glance (I realize things can change drastically in the next 7 months) 2014 looks like it may be a good year to be looking for O-linemen, and a thinner CB crop...CBS has 12 CB's total in their current Top 100, but 8 of them are ranked in the 50-100 area...They have 15 OT/OG's total in that same top 100... B-)

NT and DE need to be P2 as well, Dareus is not cutting it and with Carrington done we really need DL help, we can't stop run and haven't since big Pat and Sam Adams manned the middle, time get some big bodies and fresh blood up front. TE would be nice and it would be nice to have dynamic one shoring up our DL needs to be a priority.

I think you're probably spot on in terms of needs, except that I would really be looking for the best available player among OLBs and CBs in round 1. Also, no OG or S before the 4th round since the Bills don't appear to value those positions as much.

They better start valuing OG as Brown is a turnstile and we have'nt run the ball effectively all year and we saw what happened when the jets blitzed.

Count me in the crowd that doesnt have CB in the top 3 needs. We have 2 starters signed for several years. Brooks is hurt and will be back. I agree with the poster above if there is a great receiver Im taking him and I move Stevie to the slot. A blindside DE who can sack the QB has been missing from this defense for a long time. Our TE corp as a whole is very weak. Guard obvious need.

Edited by billsfan714

P1 run stopping DL I'm tired of not seeing any tackles for loss

P2 OG, M5 We need a starter and depth

P3 OLB - See if we kind find someone maybe a little smaller who can be a force

P4 cb, rb - age at rb; we already have 2 1's and 2 2's in the defensive backfield, we need to upgrade our depth (pending byrd).

P5 - qb - We could use another qb to develop.