Eagles/Chiefs Observations

BillsZubaz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip Kelly and Andy Reed seem like opposites to me, as they should I guess. One is a seasoned NFL coach, and the other a young upstart wannabe.

That Andy Reid can have the Chiefs playing so well and winning these games, despite Smith being his best QB, is impressive. Talk about a fast culture change! I predict 9-10 wins.

Chip Kelly is losing games with a lot of talent on his team. I predict 6 wins.

Alex Smith is awful. His pocket presence is the worst I've seen in awhile, and he won't throw >5 yards down the field unless he thinks the reciever is wide open. That kind of reminds me of someone that was on the Bills, but I think I'm blocking it out. . . .

--------------------------------------

So the Chiefs have more wins than the AFC north or NFC East? :lol:

Unbelievable. 3 weeks in and the Chiefs have surpassed last years win total. I had counted the Chiefs as an easy win on the schedule

The Chiefs return 6 Pro Bowlers and numerous other talented players from last year.

Then you add Andy Reid to the mix.

Chomping at the but!

Sounds serious.

Sounds like an acute case of ass kissing.

Alex Smith is awful. His pocket presence is the worst I've seen in awhile, and he won't throw >5 yards down the field unless he thinks the reciever is wide open. That kind of reminds me of someone that was on the Bills, but I think I'm blocking it out. . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dwayne bowe hurt me this week and Alex Smith is not good for any wr in fantasy. What was I thinking!

The eagles are sorry on defense.

Coaches always beat their former team the next year. Players always lose to their teams the year after leaving.

This was an ugly game. It's hard to tell if the chiefs are good, the eagles or bad, or where in between the truth lies.

Chip Kelly is getting a wake up call. It's easy to win when your team is athletically more talented than anyone else. It's a different story when the playing field is leveled.

Is it to early to compare Kelly to spurrier?

Your spot on with this. I am not saying Kelly's offense is not a real good concept, but a ton depends on if you have superior athletes. At Oregon he had the superior athletes, in the NFL not so much. Same thing happened to Spurrier @ Washington. & Vick, that guy is a turnover waiting to happen. My guess is next year Kelly goes all in for mariotta(sp) in the draft. That kid could play.

The announcers are just pathetic. Every time the Chiefs succeed they sound pained. Going in to the last commercial sounded like they were announcing a death, not a Chiefs lead.

Its like that every week with that crew. They pick their favorite team and keep building them up. Do what I do and hit the mute button.

KC may keep us out of the playoffs when all is said and done.

Eagles have been getting hype every year and they never fulfill expectations. Remember when Vick said that they could "develop a dynasty" before last season?

Philly is a major TV market. They're in the NFC East - the League's premier division. NFL Films are headquartered just across the river. Mike Mayock lives in Philly. Mike Golick, Steven A. Smith, Suzy Kolber, Andrea Kremer, and other media folks are from Philly. They get a LOT of attention every year.

The Chiefs return 6 Pro Bowlers and numerous other talented players from last year.

Then you add Andy Reid to the mix.

Sounds like an acute case of ass kissing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some serious over-compensation going on somewhere there for a team with a 2-14 record.

Its like that every week with that crew. They pick their favorite team and keep building them up. Do what I do and hit the mute button.

Hush yo' mouff! Edited by Nanker

My Takeaways:

1. Vick was terrible last night, but I still think he's playing better (through 3 games, albeit) this year than he has since his return from prison.

2. Vick won't make it to week 6. He's taking a beating behind the line of scrimmage and beyond it. He's just not big enough.

3. McCoy is an animal. I really thought he'd suffered something serious and I'm glad he's okay.

4. Eagles fans continue to solidify their place as the worst fans in U.S. professional sports. But give them time ... they'll end up decapitating a ref, too.

5. I prayed that the Bills wouldn't hire Chip Kelly. I think I'll thank God every day for the next decade that they didn't.

6. The Chiefs are (3-0) because they beat teams they were better than. Good for them and good for Reid.

7. McNabb made an ass of himself at halftime. I've always liked him, but he showed no grace and less class.

8. If Buffalo is still relatively healthy (i.e. - our premier starters), Nov. 3 should be an easy win.

9. Prior to the draft, I was down with getting Alex Smith. I still think he is a good QB. But kudos to the Bills brass for deciding to draft EJ. He's better.

What 2-14 schedule? Things have changed. Your schedule is not based on previous record anymore.

2 games a year are decided by where you finish in your division. The other 14 are fixed. The Chiefs "reward" for going 2-14 is games against the Bills and the Browns that their AFC West rivals don't get. The Broncos got the Ravens and will also play the Patriots.

Speaking of 2-14 - that's exactly what I saw last night - an ugly "battle" between TWO TEAMS WHO COMBINED FOR AS MANY WINS AS THE 6-10 BILLS LAST YEAR.

The Chiefs look slightly less bad that the Eagles, but they are stocked with injury-prone stars, give them time.

The Eagles pre-season hype machine was comical. They got off to a fast start thanks to the Redskins handing them a game - other than that they (and their QB) are the same turnover-prone mess they were last year.

Chip Kelly is an improperly promoted coach who had way too little experience and what experience he has had has almost all been at low levels. He will lose this team within a year.

Unless we beat them!!! :flirt:

Edited by BobChalmers

@Gugny. What did Mcnabb do? I didn't see it.

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't what I'd expect from him. He was just very loud and borderline arrogant. I just watched it and I might be overreacting a little. Here it is ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000247420/McNabb-s-number-retired-at-halftime

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't what I'd expect from him. He was just very loud and borderline arrogant. I just watched it and I might be overreacting a little. Here it is ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000247420/McNabb-s-number-retired-at-halftime

I can't watch currently but mcnabbs done nothing but hurt his legacy acting foolishly lately. Seems he's real angry and a bit lost in the transition off the field.

Vick has definitely lost a step. There was a time he would have left everyone in his dust on that long run in the first half last night. And he's taking a beating as well. He's never played a complete season and I don't see this being his first. And if he goes down, the entire dynamic of their offense shifts.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/v...red-at-halftime

haha. I see what you mean.

This was like a parody or something-- reminded me of the speeches wrestlers gave on WWE.

The Eagles were bad last year, and adding the flashy new coach and system did not suddenly make them good. Vick is and always has been very limited as a QB. McCoy is good, Jackson is good, Peters is over rated. The Eagles need a culture change, not just a system change, and Kelly needs a better QB to run his system.

The Chiefs are a talented team that suffered last year due to bad coaching, even worse quarterbacking, and decimating injuries. Alex Smith is no superstar but he is worlds better than what they have had, and Andy Reid is a great coach. They are going to be tough all year.

Very happy the Bills did not "win" the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. I think he will be an epic failure in Philly.

My Takeaways:

1. Vick was terrible last night, but I still think he's playing better (through 3 games, albeit) this year than he has since his return from prison.

2. Vick won't make it to week 6. He's taking a beating behind the line of scrimmage and beyond it. He's just not big enough.

3. McCoy is an animal. I really thought he'd suffered something serious and I'm glad he's okay.

4. Eagles fans continue to solidify their place as the worst fans in U.S. professional sports. But give them time ... they'll end up decapitating a ref, too.

5. I prayed that the Bills wouldn't hire Chip Kelly. I think I'll thank God every day for the next decade that they didn't.

6. The Chiefs are (3-0) because they beat teams they were better than. Good for them and good for Reid.

7. McNabb made an ass of himself at halftime. I've always liked him, but he showed no grace and less class.

8. If Buffalo is still relatively healthy (i.e. - our premier starters), Nov. 3 should be an easy win.

9. Prior to the draft, I was down with getting Alex Smith. I still think he is a good QB. But kudos to the Bills brass for deciding to draft EJ. He's better.

Both Vick and Smith looked bad. They each did some OK things too, but the whole time watching all I could think was, "Wow, I'm so glad we have a calm, composed, and talented quarterback like EJ. And oh yeah, he's a ROOKIE." Again, just going to keep hoping he continues to develop and get better and better.

Also thrilled to have Marrone and not Kelly. Why the hell did they go for two on their first TD? And a direct snap across the field? You only run a crazy play like that if the D is confused and you have a numbers mismatch in that formation. The chiefs were lined up perfectly, so they should have audibled back to a PAT. Chip "Pee Wee" Kelly

Not overly impressed the chiefs are 3-0 (see 2012 Arizona Cardinals). They don't really look all that good to me. The Eagles show flashes, but I think in the end, they are the Eagles, and they will implode.