Eagles/Chiefs Observations

BillsZubaz

anyone know where you can find the vegas odds of the Chiefs making the playoffs?

Skip Bayless and STEPHEN A SMITH both picked KC in the wild card because of their schedule and relatively talented team.

Bill Barnwell had them winning the division. I think their O/U before the season was like 8, so the odds weren't as great as you'd think and they certainly can't be good now. it's definitely the least surprising 2-14 team ever.

Crennel only coached them three games that year, including that one game they beat the undefeated Packers. I think that earned him the gig. But yeah, talent-wise they were pretty good, just a bad QB and HC.

Yes, there is a ton of value in having an average QB/HC when you previously had guys in those spots who were terrible. It's more significant than the difference between average and 'pretty good' imo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shot down in another another thread for saying this about the Bills. But I feel this reaffirms what i said there. The "hurry up" offense simply makes a talented and effective team even more effective. There are no shortcuts with the hurry up. You can not just coach any team to simply go faster and make it better. You must first assemble the proper talent and coach it into an effective team. Only then you add in the "hurry up " component. Both the Bills and the eagles are trying to skip the first part of the process and jumping directly to the 2nd part. The sloppiness and penalties are the result of hurrying up your play without first having enough of the coaching and paying enough attention to the essentials.

Kelly and the Bills made the KGun work because they already had the talent and the basics down before they added the hurry up.

1. Chiefs defense is good

2. Jason Peters is KILLING the Eagles - false start, getting blown up on sacks. Basically what I remember

3.The announcers are just chomping at the but to praise the Eagles and Chip Kelly. They seriously sound disappointed when the Chiefs make a play.

I just cant believe the announcers, especially Mayock not questioning Chip's call fr going for 2 point conversion when in was 10-6 EARLY in game????

I watched almost every Oregon game last 2 years and Chip is known for going for 2 on 1st TD of game or at least lining up for 2 then switching back tp kicking extra point... but this is the NFL..... and u dont have mismatches u had at Oregon... Chip is gonna have to learn to merge some NFL mentality into his "system" cuz even if it was converted, its a 10-8 game???? Just seems too cocky for his own good and thinking he is above NFL. Even Marrone got some question marks for going for 2 in 14-12 game late in 3rd quarter and WE CONVERTED IT!! if we fail

I personally like the 2 point calls once u are in 2nd half and it being difference from being down 1 or tied like Marrone did cuz even if we kicked it, we would still have been down 1. The ONLY difference had we not converted it would have IF Panthers had scored a TD we would have been down 2 scores at 9 rather than a TD and a 2 point conversion. We STILL would have needed the 2 later on had they scored a TD (which they didnt) and also, Panthers would have been A LOT more prepared for it. If down 8 and driving, the whole world knows that u need to score TD nd score the 2. Going for it in late 3rd, D was not sure we would go for it AND key was momentum was on our side. I also think its alot easier to convert a 2 after a rushing TD cuz most teams throw on 2's and considering Freddy got such a good push on line and drove into endzone, D had to respect a running play, or a zone read with Manuel possibly pulling it back to run or throw and it opened up a perfect route by Woodsy and EJ hitting exactly where throw was supposed to be, nice and low so Woods can catch it and not get de-headed for Safety or LB...

Philly will be fun to watch all yr and great for your fantasy teams if you own Shaddy, Desean or Vick (if he stays healthy, and after both last 2 games, by end of game was limping around and last night if that play wasnt ruled a fumble, Foles was getting ready to come in cuz Vick got his ankles turned a bit on that sack.

I got Desean and Shaddy so i;m happy camper as well as CJ from us!

Skip Bayless and STEPHEN A SMITH both picked KC in the wild card because of their schedule and relatively talented team.

Oh well if Skip and Stephen said it, that's it then.

Are the Chiefs good or the Eagles just bad.

The "swinging gate" seriously? I'm so glad Kelly is not the Bills coach. He will be back coaching college in two years.

& Vick, that guy is a turnover waiting to happen.

He's also an injury waiting to happen.

Very happy the Bills did not "win" the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. I think he will be an epic failure in Philly.

Pretty early on in the process when the Bills invaded the Phoenix area on their coaching search, they set their sites on Marrone.

I seem to remember that they scheduled but then cancelled a 2nd interview with Kelly.

Maclin really hurt...Avant is average at best, Jackson is dynamic but gets doubled and neither Avant nor Cooper can get off press coverage...as Irvin said 30 minutes after the game ended " Riley Cooper is still trying to get off the line right now"...

McCoy is a weapon but Vick doesn't seem to look for him enough in the passing game and instead forces balls into coverage...

He makes plays few QBs can make but also too many boneheaded decisions and fumbles too much...

The arrogance of Chip Kelly is astonishing. Welcome to the NFL, coach. You won't find any games against the University of New Hampshire on the schedule.

I didn't even watch the game last night, but when I checked scores and saw it was 10-6 early the first thought to cross my mind was, "I bet that idiot went for two in the 1st quarter."

Eagles have been getting hype every year and they never fulfill expectations. Remember when Vick said that they could "develop a dynasty" before last season?

I remember that. Not even half way through the season he was taking a lot of shiznit for it because they just plain sucked rotten eggs, although not as bad as they do right now. Chip Kelly's offense isn't much different to Marrone and Hackett's except that he runs his actually faster then Marrone does. I think the biggest thing is the QB. Vick will take off any sign of trouble and not look down the field where EJ (at least so far) uses his size and speed for escapeability to extend the play and not to just start running, Kelly's offense will work, just not with Vick! JIMO anyway.

BigPappy

My takes are this:

Kc is the real deal. You guys gotta give credit where credit is due. They KILLED a bad jag team. Not just won. Killed. Beat a good team in Dallas. Beat another decent team in an away match. (At philly) Philly looked bad because Kc is good. I'm looking at their schedule. Host giants, @ titans, host raiders. I would be shocked if they are not 6-0 in 3 weeks.

Alex smith is good guys. He makes very good decisions. I wanted him badly during the offseason. I'm glad it's panning out better with Ej since Ej is a rookie.

I bought the chip hype during the offseason. So I was upset the bills didnt get him. I'm glad the bills didnt get him, now.

My takes are this:

Kc is the real deal. You guys gotta give credit where credit is due. They KILLED a bad jag team. Not just won. Killed. Beat a good team in Dallas. Beat another decent team in an away match. (At philly) Philly looked bad because Kc is good. I'm looking at their schedule. Host giants, @ titans, host raiders. I would be shocked if they are not 6-0 in 3 weeks.

Alex smith is good guys. He makes very good decisions. I wanted him badly during the offseason. I'm glad it's panning out better with Ej since Ej is a rookie.

I bought the chip hype during the offseason. So I was upset the bills didnt get him. I'm glad the bills didnt get him, now.

I thought the Chiefs' defense looked good (all except deep pass coverage, which was just okay). On offense, their inside runs, especially toward the end of the game, looked really good.

There was very very little I liked about Alex Smith in that game. He regularly abandoned the pocket and stopped looking down field way too soon. I think Bowe is a non-factor because Smith won't throw the ball into coverage, and Bowe's bread-and-butter is out-muscling defenders.

You know even when minding our own business somebody insults us. I turned on ESPN it was something called Around the Horn, it's kind of like a game show format, awful. Anyway the first thing I hear is some guy named Woody Paige , and I am para phrasing, " the Chiefs will win 11, they play teams like the Bills".

Edited by chris heff

I thought the Chiefs' defense looked good (all except deep pass coverage, which was just okay). On offense, their inside runs, especially toward the end of the game, looked really good.

There was very very little I liked about Alex Smith in that game. He regularly abandoned the pocket and stopped looking down field way too soon. I think Bowe is a non-factor because Smith won't throw the ball into coverage, and Bowe's bread-and-butter is out-muscling defenders.

this

Eagles get 260 rushing yards and lose. That is disgraceful.

I was shot down in another another thread for saying this about the Bills. But I feel this reaffirms what i said there. The "hurry up" offense simply makes a talented and effective team even more effective. There are no shortcuts with the hurry up. You can not just coach any team to simply go faster and make it better. You must first assemble the proper talent and coach it into an effective team. Only then you add in the "hurry up " component. Both the Bills and the eagles are trying to skip the first part of the process and jumping directly to the 2nd part. The sloppiness and penalties are the result of hurrying up your play without first having enough of the coaching and paying enough attention to the essentials.

Kelly and the Bills made the KGun work because they already had the talent and the basics down before they added the hurry up.

Kelly and Kent Hull made the KGun work. And as Marv once said they were the best practice team he ever saw. Routinely finished practices early as no one made mistakes.

Chip Kelly's offense isn't much different to Marrone and Hackett's except that he runs his actually faster then Marrone does. I think the biggest thing is the QB. Vick will take off any sign of trouble and not look down the field where EJ (at least so far) uses his size and speed for escapeability to extend the play and not to just start running, Kelly's offense will work, just not with Vick! JIMO anyway.

BigPappy

Good post except that according to this informal survey, the Bills run the fastest offense in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/1384/bills-have-nfls-quickest-offense