Rogers signed to colts 53 man roster

I always a little disappointed with the bills not being more patient with him especially how it seems that it takes WR a little longer to mature. His signing is due more due to injury then talent at this point, but if the colts can tap into his talent over the next 2 years, and now with Luck, Richardson, Hilton they will have a pretty nice offense in place for years to come.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always a little disappointed with the bills not being more patient with him especially how it seems that it takes WR a little longer to mature. His signing is due more due to injury then talent at this point, but if the colts can tap into his talent over the next 2 years, and now with Luck, Richardson, Hilton they will have a pretty nice offense in place for years to come.

i still want to know why everyone says"tap into his talent" ...how many of you all saw Tennessee Tech games last year? I know I saw not a one, and follow the FCS. From what I gather, dude was not exactly lightin it up..he had one game over 100 yards last year. And that is in a Divison where Justin Rodgers, he of the Richmond Spiders, was considered a standout DB.

Now his QB may have sucked, scheme may have been to run more...i just don't know. But just cause this guy had one decent year at Tenn, then we read he he might have gone 2nd round, stress might, without the character issues..we all think this guy was all world. Maybe he didn't get drafted cause he could not beat D 1-AA players? Maybe he might be a star? I have no clue...but i trust ole Dougie Marone has a better feel for his talent than any of us.

Edited by plenzmd1

Rogers didn't show the Bills anything that made the FO want to continue to invest in him. The Colts have been struggling this season. No evidence yet that they will have a nice offense.

Eh. If he does become good there then good for him. We're pretty good at WR and can't be selfish at this point.

Speaking of being patient, we have to be patient with Graham. He may not have many yards but from what I've seen he can cause PI's. This Easley guy has me scratching my head though. He's a pro bowl preseason player. But come regular season, the guy is ghost. Idk.

Congrats to Rogers though.

Cutting Rogers, Dickerson, AND Kaufmann always seemed excessive in my book. I understood the Rogers thing because of the baggage he came with, but I'm glad the kid caught on in Indy. I DID watch him play in college, and I think if he keeps his nose clean, he'll compliment T.Y. Hilton (Another small-school kid whose college games I followed.)

Edited by #34fan

Who?

OMG! Rogers may be the most overrated player in the history of sports. What is so special about his talent? There are a ton of guys who have talent that never amount to anything. To paraphase, "Potential means you haven't done (crap)."

James Hardy had talent. Charles Rogers had talent. A million guys have talent. It takes more than talent to make it in the NFL. IF he does make it, good for him. But I've never seen a player do so little get so much respect.

i still want to know why everyone says"tap into his talent" ...how many of you all saw Tennessee Tech games last year? I know I saw not a one, and follow the FCS. From what I gather, dude was not exactly lightin it up..he had one game over 100 yards last year. And that is in a Divison where Justin Rodgers, he of the Richmond Spiders, was considered a standout DB.

Now his QB may have sucked, scheme may have been to run more...i just don't know. But just cause this guy had one decent year at Tenn, then we read he he might have gone 2nd round, stress might, without the character issues..we all think this guy was all world. Maybe he didn't get drafted cause he could not beat D 1-AA players? Maybe he might be a star? I have no clue...but i trust ole Dougie Marone has a better feel for his talent than any of us.

It was better then decent and that is why people feel like he has untapped talent. Rogers showed great talent in the best confrence in college football. that is why some believe he has potential. However as you touched on his head and immaturatity seem to be getting in the way of his talent. They did at Tenn Tech and did with the the Bills.

He is a Colt now. Good Luck! Just not when you play the Bills!

Was anyone else watching Easley make all kinds of plays on kick coverage Sunday? I was. Dude was playing his ass off.

No way Rogers shows that much "want to" playing ST.

I couldn't agree more. I was one of those that was saying cut his injured arse the last couple years but in my opinion this kid reminds me of Bolden. I know big shoes to fill but he's big possession receiver that fights on every play? Hogan is the smaller version of Easley.. I'd like to see both get more time. Maybe Marrone is waiting for a game where we are ahead and we can get them garbage time yards?

Even if the Bills had signed him to their Practice Squad, the Colts could have signed him away (we've done that before) as its unlikely we would have elevated him to our active roster in response, given where our injuries are at this time

Edited by cage

Was anyone else watching Easley make all kinds of plays on kick coverage Sunday? I was. Dude was playing his ass off.

No way Rogers shows that much "want to" playing ST.

Absolutely. I couldn't believe the hit he laid on that one kick return. It was a huge momentum builder too coming off the touchdown I believe. Who knew he could tackle like that.

he was inconsistent at TTech, but with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns i would say he was beating D1AA players.... and his year at tennessee wasnt just decent - as a sophomore he led the SEC in receiving.

he may not amount to anything, but his raw skills, and production in the SEC against future nfl corners certainly indicates hes got more potential than most. whether or not he excels, there is a ton of talent there that if someone can tap into it will make him a very good wr.

OMG! Rogers may be the most overrated player in the history of sports. What is so special about his talent? There are a ton of guys who have talent that never amount to anything. To paraphase, "Potential means you haven't done (crap)."

James Hardy had talent. Charles Rogers had talent. A million guys have talent. It takes more than talent to make it in the NFL. IF he does make it, good for him. But I've never seen a player do so little get so much respect.

ou ever hear of Tebow?