Rogers signed to colts 53 man roster

Eh. If he does become good there then good for him. We're pretty good at WR and can't be selfish at this point.

Speaking of being patient, we have to be patient with Graham. He may not have many yards but from what I've seen he can cause PI's. This Easley guy has me scratching my head though. He's a pro bowl preseason player. But come regular season, the guy is ghost. Idk.

Congrats to Rogers though.

Easley is playing out of his mind on ST.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still want to know why everyone says"tap into his talent" ...how many of you all saw Tennessee Tech games last year? I know I saw not a one, and follow the FCS. From what I gather, dude was not exactly lightin it up..he had one game over 100 yards last year. And that is in a Divison where Justin Rodgers, he of the Richmond Spiders, was considered a standout DB.

Now his QB may have sucked, scheme may have been to run more...i just don't know. But just cause this guy had one decent year at Tenn, then we read he he might have gone 2nd round, stress might, without the character issues..we all think this guy was all world. Maybe he didn't get drafted cause he could not beat D 1-AA players? Maybe he might be a star? I have no clue...but i trust ole Dougie Marone has a better feel for his talent than any of us.

Rogers was 1st team SEC as a Sophomore...He led the SEC in receptions and yards that year...He demonstrated serious talent in the toughest division in College football...He got booted from the Tennessee program due to his own dumb actions and had to play at a lower level...I'm certain there were reasons he did not dominate that year at Tech...My guess is the kid was reeling from the mistakes he made...Not too hard to imagine for a 21 year old...

As far as his raw talent goes, I really don't think there is any question about it...With Da'Rick it's all going to come down to how he can handle the mental part of the game...He's not a Buffalo Bill because of Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley...I'm guessing both Easley and Hogan could be the Colts last WR on the roster as well...If Da'Rick had come to Buffalo a year earlier I really doubt he would have had a tough time making this team...It was a numbers game here plain and simple...I still wish they would have kept him over Hogan...I hope in the long run I end up being wrong though... B-)

Rogers was 1st team SEC as a Sophomore...He led the SEC in receptions and yards that year...He demonstrated serious talent in the toughest division in College football...He got booted from the Tennessee program due to his own dumb actions and had to play at a lower level...I'm certain there were reasons he did not dominate that year at Tech...My guess is the kid was reeling from the mistakes he made...Not too hard to imagine for a 21 year old...

As far as his raw talent goes, I really don't think there is any question about it...With Da'Rick it's all going to come down to how he can handle the mental part of the game...He's not a Buffalo Bill because of Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley...I'm guessing both Easley and Hogan could be the Colts last WR on the roster as well...If Da'Rick had come to Buffalo a year earlier I really doubt he would have had a tough time making this team...It was a numbers game here plain and simple...I still wish they would have kept him over Hogan...I hope in the long run I end up being wrong though... B-)

As many things in life are.... timing matters. I think alot of us would like to have kept him under Marrones watchful father like eye and hand. But i am more Thankful we had real options this preseason when building a WR roster this season though.

If either Hogan or Easley watched an opposing player return a fumble with total disinterest and no effort to pursue the play, they would be off the team as well. Throw in the mental lapses at practice, and they don't add up to Marrone's type of player, either.

GO BILLS!!!

OMG! Rogers may be the most overrated player in the history of sports. What is so special about his talent? There are a ton of guys who have talent that never amount to anything. To paraphase, "Potential means you haven't done (crap)."

James Hardy had talent. Charles Rogers had talent. A million guys have talent. It takes more than talent to make it in the NFL. IF he does make it, good for him. But I've never seen a player do so little get so much respect.

Thank you

I always a little disappointed with the bills not being more patient with him especially how it seems that it takes WR a little longer to mature. His signing is due more due to injury then talent at this point, but if the colts can tap into his talent over the next 2 years, and now with Luck, Richardson, Hilton they will have a pretty nice offense in place for years to come.

I wasn't and now we don't have to deal with this stupid a$$ name.

Moron who can't figure out how to spell a name, as a teacher no one we have kids who can't figure out phonics,

Xwanyeswin - really where did you come up that combination? Could you at least spell the Wayne part correct.....

I get that KOK, and like I said I have NO idea if the guy will be a star or not. I am the first to tell you I see the 3 .30 SEC game every week, and that is about it for me and college football, outside of going to Richmond games.

My point was more I trust Marrone , who saw him more in one day than prolly 99% of us have seen him in total.

he was inconsistent at TTech, but with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns i would say he was beating D1AA players.... and his year at tennessee wasnt just decent - as a sophomore he led the SEC in receiving.

he may not amount to anything, but his raw skills, and production in the SEC against future nfl corners certainly indicates hes got more potential than most. whether or not he excels, there is a ton of talent there that if someone can tap into it will make him a very good wr.

Playing in the college is not the same as playing in the NFL.....Just saying!!

Playing in the college is not the same as playing in the NFL.....Just saying!!

That's true, but first up I was replying to a guy that said he didn't play that well in college which isn't true. Second, having played in the SEC that's about as high a level as you can play without being in the nfl, so its not like we're talking jasper here and whether he can play the game of football at its most basic level or what position he could play. Third, we discuss guys college play to project their skill sets all the time. Just like I'm confident EJ has long ball accuracy I know that da'rick has, and if he gets his head straight, could beat guys playing on Sunday based on ability he's shown.

I get that the board doesn't want him to succeed now that he's gone - like I said, I don't want the colts to be any tougher than they already are if its possibly us and them with the young AFC qbs of the future potentially.... But I don't think we're any better off as educated fans to pretend the kid doesn't have talent. The issue is whether he will ever be able to use it again, not if its there.

Edited by NoSaint

Marrone doesn't put up with players who won't give their all. He didn't seem to give a crap when WR Mike Williams left the Syracuse program early. That guy didn't have his head on straight either, but has managed to stay out of trouble in the NFL so far.

My take is that if Rogers ever does become good, he will be one of those prima donna guys like Ocho Stinko, Randy Moss or T.O. and become a cancer on a team.

Apparently, this thread didn't make it to Indy. Million dollar talent, 10 cent head. The world is filled with washouts like Rogers. He's still really young so there's some hope for him. But he's running out of chances.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rogers return to the Colts PS.