Marrone Wired for sound - Panthers Game link

MClem06

I was thinking the same thing Quinn, this kid has confidence and they laughed about it... love it. His comments to Mario are great too.

Actually, my big take away is that he was giving (at least from what we saw) a lot of attention to Mario.

I got to do a podcast with Coach Sal in the off season and he speculated that Mario might be the kind of player who needs to be "engaged." I completely agree, and I think we're seeing the fruits of said engagement.

Side note: Pettine, Jesus bro. Would it kill you to crack a smile from behind those reflective lenses once in a while? B-)

I have had sort of a man-crush on Coach Marrone since shortly after he was hired, and I heard him excitedly say "I can't wait to get out there and smell the breath of my players."

This video only cements my enthusiasm for what he has brought to the Bills that has been lacking for a long time. Good coaching and leadership.

I loved to hear that he was Polian's #1 'coach-in-waiting' before Irsay put the ixnay on Bill's time in Indy, and I heard all of the Marrone comparisons to his NFL mentors such as Peyton/Parcells etc ... they all seem pretty much right on the money after watching this clip.

Even with guys like Super Mario, who some in the WNY media would have us all believe is a headcase/team-killer/primma donna ... Marrone is right in his earhole, coaching him up every step of the way. It's hard to argue with the rather obviously high levels of buy-in and positive results we have seen so far. I would have loved to play for a guy like him.

I am too old to be seen wearing a player jersey, but I might soon be sporting an authentic Marrone coach/golf shirt.

I for once am glad to see a coach coaching the players before and after plays. We may finally being getting closer to that light at the end of the tunnel we have been looking at for the last 13 years.

You mean standing on a sideline motionless like Jauron and Gailey assuming everyone knows what to do isn't how to coach?? Who would have thought??

Edited by matter2003

I love how he said, when we score we need to go for two. Like there was no question they weren't going to score. Showing confidence in the guys is awesome.

That was another sign of genius. He acknowledged that it wasn't 4th quarter but wanted 2 points anyway. Gailey opted for 1 point in a similar situation last season, even at the very end of 3rd quarter. Another call that was anti-Gailey was the 55 yard field goal attempt. Gailey would have punted. Bills would have lost.

Marrone seems really friggin smart telling Mario how get more sacks then he ends up breaking a franchise record. Is he a genius or maybe just psychic?

He was an offensive lineman,coached o-line

and knows what to look for technique wise to beat them

You mean standing on a sideline motionless like Jauron and Gailey assuming everyone knows what to do isn't how to coach?? Who would have thought??

But..But....I thought coach Gailey went after a spectator in training camp when he heckled Trent Edwards!!!!

That was another sign of genius. He acknowledged that it wasn't 4th quarter but wanted 2 points anyway. Gailey opted for 1 point in a similar situation last season, even at the very end of 3rd quarter. Another call that was anti-Gailey was the 55 yard field goal attempt. Gailey would have punted. Bills would have lost.

But...But....Weren't every one angry last week for him to put the ball from the Patriots 40 yard line!!!

Actually, my big take away is that he was giving (at least from what we saw) a lot of attention to Mario.

I got to do a podcast with Coach Sal in the off season and he speculated that Mario might be the kind of player who needs to be "engaged." I completely agree, and I think we're seeing the fruits of said engagement.

Side note: Pettine, Jesus bro. Would it kill you to crack a smile from behind those reflective lenses once in a while? B-)

If Pettine keeps this D moving in the direction they are I could care less if he never smiles.