Steve Smith Trash Talks Andre Reed on WoF Day

He asked who andre was looking for and he told him Stevie, then Steve Smith tells him that he should tell that mother fer to get in the weight room.

Wasn't Stevie the first guy going into the locker room in the video?

I think he says "McKelvin pressed up in that slant"

I translated it as "Is that your your boy pressed up against me in that slot? You better talk to his ass and get him in the weight room"

Yes, I think you got it...my ears are old...upon first listen, I thought he said something about "!@#$ing a white girl"...I am glad it wasn't that....

Either way, it didn't seem like Andre was too upset over it, he was kind of chuckling, it looked like. Not sure what DeHavens issue was...

Steve Smith is, as they say in hockey all the time, one of those guys you can't stand, unless he is on your team. He is a cockey sob, but he is pretty tough, and pretty talented. Leodis handled him very well yesterday..I am sure it was all just frustration on Smiths' part.

Wait one cotton pickin second...the first fight, Mick was pushed in the hall and died. It was Apollo Creed who trained Rocky for the second fight and Clubber was talkin smack at the start of the second fight to Apollo (as I recall).

You are totally correct; BUT, Clubber also went after Apollo in the first fight as well. Remember, Apollo was introduced in the ring in a suit and went over to shake hands with Clubber. Clubber says": Don't need nuthin you got no more, and you better get that bad look off of your face before I take it off; You wanna chuck, chuck; Yeah, like a chicken, you better run". Then Apollo went over to Rocky and said " Do us all a favor and drop this punk". So, technically, you are both correct.............

Wait one cotton pickin second...the first fight, Mick was pushed in the hall and died. It was Apollo Creed who trained Rocky for the second fight and Clubber was talkin smack at the start of the second fight to Apollo (as I recall).

You are totally correct; BUT, Clubber also went after Apollo in the first fight as well. Remember, Apollo was introduced in the ring in a suit and went over to shake hands with Clubber. Clubber says": Don't need nuthin you got no more, and you better get that bad look off of your face before I take it off; You wanna chuck, chuck; Yeah, like a chicken, you better run". Then Apollo went over to Rocky and said " Do us all a favor and drop this punk". So, technically, you are both correct.............

Thanks. :)

Steve Smith is pound for pound one of the baddest guys to ever play in the NFL.

It's just lucky for the rest of the league that he's 5'9" 185 pounds, 34 years old, and on a bad football team.

He's a borderline Hall of Famer due to playing on mostly bad teams but he's probably 10 times the player that Lynn Swann was.

And he's a seriously bad-ass dude.

Yes, I was going to say the same thing albeit in a slightly less descriptive manner...

But then I remembered he must've also talked trash before the rematch because he's Clubber Lang.

He seemed to get a noticably less positive reaction from the crowd before the 2nd fight....clear heel turn imo.

It's just lucky for the rest of the league that he's 5'9" 185 pounds, 34 years old, and on a bad football team.

He's a borderline Hall of Famer due to playing on mostly bad teams but he's probably 10 times the player that Lynn Swann was.

I second this.

Is Andre still a coach on the Chiefs?

I think they were talking about Stevie. When Bruce DeHaven says "hahaha Why you loooking at?" Andre and Smith are already talking.

It sounds like " . . . you see him get "pressed up" on that slant? Better go talk to his ass (and) tell him to get in the !@#$ing weight room."

Which has to be a call back to Stevie saying he doesn't work out in the off season.

"Pressed up" must be an NFL term for getting pressed off the line of scrimmage and not being to fight through.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The more things change, the more they stay the same. In sequence:

http://usatoday30.us...-22-smith_x.htm

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3516153

http://profootballta...-panthers-camp/

I had always heard that Smith was one of the "Good Guys" in sport. Always heard good things about him, so I am a bit surprised by him "going off" on Andre like that, especially since he had absolutely nothing to do with whatever went down on the field that day. Hmm...not wanting to falsely accuse someone but I wonder if this could be at all "chemically" induced. He's 34 years old and is exactly the same height and weight that I am according to wiki. Yet according to your links he is smashing in the faces of bigger players to the point of sending them off to the hospital for days at a time and tossing 290 lb. lineman to the ground. If he is "using" something I wonder what it is...And where can I get some lol....Just kidding about the last, but if he isn't how is that even possible?

He said someone got pressed on a slant and he needs to get in the weight room. He's either bragging about getting free from mckelvin on a slant patten (bench pressed him off him on the bump coverage) or he's saying Stevie couldn't get free from some bump coverage because he doesn't work out. I don't think you can make out who exactly he's talking about

I'd put steve easily in the HOF.Dominant little tough man .Name me the last unstoppable WR without a really good QB throwing to him.---And I would have to say Lofton at GB.

10x the player that Swann was? -Ok -not taking you literally---but Swann was spectacular--kind of a JD Hill/Chandler combo.

Honestly, I'm a little annoyed... If Smith had said that crap at their house, I wouldn't give a s___, but you don't talk to ANDRE REED that way at RWS. -I'm Sorry, but you just don't.

In other news... WE WON THE FRICKIN' GAME.

Suck on that #89 :nana:

I'd put steve easily in the HOF.Dominant little tough man .Name me the last unstoppable WR without a really good QB throwing to him.---And I would have to say Lofton at GB.

10x the player that Swann was? -Ok -not taking you literally---but Swann was spectacular--kind of a JD Hill/Chandler combo.

Lofton is a good pick. I would also throw in Tim Brown. Did he ever have a good QB throwing to him?

That's halftime. Him and McKelvin were jawing all game. This sounds pretty simple to me. Sounds like he's talking about McKelvin playing press coverage on him, and inferring that he couldn't do it so he needs to get his ass in the weight room. #21 did a great job on Smith. He totally got in Smith's head, who acted like an !@#$ all day.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I thought it was Bruce DeHaven too. Not sure what Smith was pissed about but Reed was certainly non-confrontational smiling and patting him on the shoulder. We need more info.

I'm thinking it may have been some classic ball busting. If Reed and Smith were both at the same fundraiser there may have been some trash talk and some bold predictions before the game. With the game Smith was having I can't imagine he would appreciate being called out.