TG & his twitter battles continue

The Poojer

Kind of a lame stat.

Bill Belichick's patriots have a 76% winning percentage against rookie quarterbacks. (13-4)

Bill Belichick's patriots have a 72% winning percentage against non-rookie quarterbacks. (138-53)

4% increase against rookies. Had his Pats lost one more game against a rookie QB and his winning % would actually be lower for rookie QBs vs non-rookie QBs.

Kind of a lame stat.

Bill Belichick's patriots have a 76% winning percentage against rookie quarterbacks. (13-4)

Bill Belichick's patriots have a 72% winning percentage against non-rookie quarterbacks. (138-53)

4% increase against rookies. Had his Pats lost one more game against a rookie QB and his winning % would actually be lower for rookie QBs vs non-rookie QBs.

Not to mention he lost to the only two first-year starters he faced last season

I happened to catch him on NFL Network yesterday. His profile seems to be rising but I cannot figure out why. He had absolutely nothing remotely insightful to say. Arrogant twit.

is it that buffalo is becoming a slightly more interesting market and the tide is raising his ship as well.

Wow.

For a reporter Tim has very thin skin. I find it funny when reporters give answers like he did. Kind of funny to watch how they respond when someone pokes at them.

The thin-skinnedness is part of it. The other--MAJOR--part of it is the embarrassing lack of professionalism.

why do you keep giving him and his ilk attention? Their JOB is to get you to give them attention.

A newpaper reporter's job is to be a twitter troll? How does that benefit him, his newspaper or anybody?

I can't believe what an asshat he has become. You question anything, he says "Thanks for the follow." Does he really think he's so charismatic that people follow him, and not the fact that he's a Bills reporter?

Wondering what a cub reporter for the snooze makes per year? can't be anything significant judging by the content of his "reporting".

This guy is an embarrassment to professional sports writers everywhere. The twitter stuff is off the charts juvenile. He treats people like he's actually accomplished something in sports journalism. I don't see it, but as the AFCE blogger he once was he was readable then. Talk about letting a gig get to your head.

I was thinking that I might as well unfollow him because he really doesn't have anything to add. But, then just a little while ago, he did a give and take with Bills fans and gave some honest non-sarcastic answers to good questions:

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 37m

Let's have a postgame mini-chat. I'll take the first five questions about the Bills. Fire away.

This is the type of thing I started following him and the other writers for.

A newpaper reporter's job is to be a twitter troll? How does that benefit him, his newspaper or anybody?

I can't believe what an asshat he has become. You question anything, he says "Thanks for the follow." Does he really think he's so charismatic that people follow him, and not the fact that he's a Bills reporter?

The problem, at least for me, is that he is now reduced to being the Bills reporter who is actively hoping the team will fail so he can post things to piss off the few people who give him online grief. All of this would be okay if he'd change his byline. He's not really a reporter at this point. He's just a Letter To The Editor with more leeway.

Also, If a team is starting a rookie QB they were most likely a bad team to be begin with.

Not necessarily.

Seahawks, 49ers, Redskins...... All 3 weren't "Bad" teams, and they all started rookie QBs last season

Whats so wrong with what he said? its true, their record is 13-4 against rookie QBs, they will face another on Sunday so the stat is relevant.

The response to that tweet seems unnecessary and more trolling then the original tweet

Not necessarily.

Seahawks, 49ers, Redskins...... All 3 weren't "Bad" teams, and they all started rookie QBs last season

Whats so wrong with what he said? its true, their record is 13-4 against rookie QBs, they will face another on Sunday so the stat is relevant.

The response to that tweet seems unnecessary and more trolling then the original tweet

the stat with no context is pretty worthless was the point. as has been pointed out in this thread it completely in line with his record against non-rookie qbs.

as to the other half, CK wasnt a rookie, and generally speaking, if you are starting a rookie qb its because your team was bad enough to be picking pretty high. the seahawks starting a 3rd rounder is a bit out of the ordinary, as was 2012 as a whole.

Case in point about Timmah and how he lives to piss off all Bills fans because he's a child.

After Peyton Mannings game of seven TDs in one game, TG delivers a list of all Bills QB who threw seven or fewer TDs in their entire Bills career.

You only do something like for a few reasons, and they typically include (1) I hate the Bills, (2) I hate Bills fans, (3) I have nothing better to do as 'a reporter' for the Bills.

Case in point about Timmah and how he lives to piss off all Bills fans because he's a child.

After Peyton Mannings game of seven TDs in one game, TG delivers a list of all Bills QB who threw seven or fewer TDs in their entire Bills career.

You only do something like for a few reasons, and they typically include (1) I hate the Bills, (2) I hate Bills fans, (3) I have nothing better to do as 'a reporter' for the Bills.

It's the Buffalo News way I guess. People like Bucky and Sully can't write an article about the Winter Olympics without giving at least one dig in against the Bills, no matter how tangential it is.

He says Dan Manucci started 19 games. I knew there was no way. He started one game - a strike game.

Don't you think you can take every team and do this same thing?

He says Dan Manucci started 19 games. I knew there was no way. He started one game - a strike game.

I was curious so I looked it up, you're right, he started 1 game, but did see action in 19 games over 3 years. 27 passing attempts, 12 completetions.

I was curious so I looked it up, you're right, he started 1 game, but did see action in 19 games over 3 years. 27 passing attempts, 12 completetions.

So, he had less 15 less pass attempts in his "career" than Peyton had last night.

The difference is that he can't go to your work and knock the d@&ks out of your mouth. When you all criticize him here, you attack his livelihood.

Sure he chose to work in the public eye, but its not like he's making huge money doing it. Show a little compassion.

Edited by John Adams

I started this thread so allow me to respond. I like a lot of his stuff, I thought he provided a lot of valuable info when he was here, i disagreed one time on a very major issue during the whole coaching debacle a few years ago about shottenheimer. He claimed an unknown source said that shotty didn't want the job in buffalo...i made one email inquiry to a newspaper guy in dallas that is/was very close to shotty who said no way did shotty not want to coach in buffalo, he didn't want to coach anywhere and that those stories were simply not true.

My problem with him is the way he responds to his followers, the followers that build cred in the social media arena, If you correct him, he proudly announces, 'Unfollow' or makes snide comments like this. He is one of the more interactive news people i have encountered, he simply needs to learn to take the good with the bad. Trust me, I search twitter every day for him and jw to get the latest bills news, when i come across interactions like this it takes him down a couple pegs in my eyes, yet i still go back every day, so maybe his method is working perfectly....like the old howard stern story...(not that i am in any way equating TG to HS)

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

The difference is that he can't go to your work and knock the d@&ks out of your mouth. When you all criticize him here, you attack his livelihood.

Sure he chose to work in the public eye, but its not like he's making huge money doing it. Show a little compassion.

I'm not attacking his livelihood. I'm attacking his immaturity and need to prod Bills fans to overemotional reactions. If the Buffalo News were PPP, he'd be gatorman and you'd be busting people's balls for giving the troll so much attention.

Maybe next time someone throws seven TDs in a single game he can spend some time writing about the time Kelly threw 6 against Pittsburgh.

But Timmah can't do that because then his inner-circle of "sports reporters" wouldn't be pat his back, then, would they?

:blink:

I'm not attacking his livelihood. I'm attacking his immaturity and need to prod Bills fans to overemotional reactions. If the Buffalo News were PPP, he'd be gatorman and you'd be busting people's balls for giving the troll so much attention.

Maybe next time someone throws seven TDs in a single game he can spend some time writing about the time Kelly threw 6 against Pittsburgh.

But Timmah can't do that because then his inner-circle of "sports reporters" wouldn't be pat his back, then, would they?

Exactly! Attacking his livelihood?.......It really is an inner circle jerk with those guys. The way they've made Pegula a target is disgusting, as well.

If his workplace was a place on the Internet where people post anonymously...? Nice hypothetical.

It's a free country. You can choose to bash a small town sportswriter anonymously if it gets you off.