Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guys amazes me. Holds out from camp, then signs the 1 year tag. Comes down with Plantar Fascitis and now wants a trade. We all know he doesnt want to be here the question really is...is it time that the Bills dont want him as well and try to get something in return? Hes a top 5 safety in the league but if your mind has already checked out chances are he wont be too effective. In the next few weeks a safety or 2 in the league is bound to get hurt. Hopefully a second round pick can come of it. And yes i know we have talked about Byrd, i searched and found nothing about the latest news thats out.

Edited by billsfan_34

I hope they don't trade him. I hope he grows moss on his azz as he rides the pine for entire year.

If he doesn't want to contribute to the team's success, then why should the team contribute to his success?

!@#$ you Byrd and double-!@#$ you Parker.

I hope they don't trade him. I hope he grows moss on his azz as he rides the pine for entire year.

If he doesn't want to contribute to the team's success, then why should the team contribute to his success?

I'm in this camp, and since it isn't my money I'd franchise him again next offseason whether he contributes or not. That might seem to be a stupid business move, but, until the FO shows that they are willing to use every word in the CBA to their advantage they'll be walked on again and again.

I agree with your disdain for Byrd and having him ride the bench. However, looking at it from a team standpoint, why not trade the guy. It will effectively do two things,

1. Give the Bills something in return (hopefully decent) while he is still viewed as a top 5 or 10 safety in the league.

2. Eliminate a potential cancer in the locker room before it has a chance to develop. He doesn't want to be here so get rid of him before his attitude becomes an issue.

Kind of funny how his injury is one that can be easily faked, and there is no real way to prove it (I may be wrong on that, with having an MRI to prove it).

I say cut the ties and get something in return while he still has value.

I agree with your disdain for Byrd and having him ride the bench. However, looking at it from a team standpoint, why not trade the guy. It will effectively do two things,

1. Give the Bills something in return (hopefully decent) while he is still viewed as a top 5 or 10 safety in the league.

2. Eliminate a potential cancer in the locker room before it has a chance to develop. He doesn't want to be here so get rid of him before his attitude becomes an issue.

Kind of funny how his injury is one that can be easily faked, and there is no real way to prove it (I may be wrong on that, with having an MRI to prove it).

I say cut the ties and get something in return while he still has value.

Define decent. Is a 3rd round pick decent? A fourth? What message are you sending to the next guy in line?

He's gotta perform to get a trade. He's gotta perform to expect a long term deal. If he's gone 10/29, then so be it. He'll be the best safety in the league till then.

Or at least the best safety in the league with plantar fascists who isn't playing anywhere....

This guys amazes me. Holds out from camp, then signs the 1 year tag. Comes down with Plantar Fascitis and now wants a trade. We all know he doesnt want to be here the question really is...is it time that the Bills dont want him as well and try to get something in return? Hes a top 5 safety in the league but if your mind has already checked out chances are he wont be too effective. In the next few weeks a safety or 2 in the league is bound to get hurt. Hopefully a second round pick can come of it. And yes i know we have talked about Byrd, i searched and found nothing about the latest news thats out.

this is not about Byrd, this is Eugene Parker. Parker will never take a step back and if you did not see this coming you have had your eyes closed. Parker is about one thing...MONEY. He has sucked Byrd into this thinking (easy). Team, career, health, HOF,and evening playing has little to do with Parkers thinking. The ONLY solution for the Bills is to NOT trade Byrd and make Byrd realize that Parker is hurting his career. Failing that capitulate. If they do capitulate then every player who wants out will hire Parker. We have had a number in the past...especially on the left side of the O line.

Not sure I'd call paying 125% next season using every word to their advantage?? I don't have time or energy to fully research this, but I'm sure there are alot more of these situations going on with other teams as well but you don't follow it as much. Teams that keep losing you see it happen on more. Start winning and likely the number of players wanting out the door will decrease. And the other thing to do is stop signing players that are represented by Parker. I do think at some point, that may become a league wide trend as his tactics will grow old league wide.

use every word in the CBA to their advantage they'll be walked on again and again.

Trade him. I said that all along, trade his ass. You tell Eugene Someone needs to pony up a 2nd round pick and they can have his ass. And for the record I am saying his foot issue is pure bull ****. You can't prove the condition other than the person saying they are in pain. Players play with this all the time, people go to hard labor jobs with this condition all the time. He just flat out doesn't want to play for Buffalo. So GTFO then.

Not sure I'd call paying 125% next season using every word to their advantage?? I don't have time or energy to fully research this, but I'm sure there are alot more of these situations going on with other teams as well but you don't follow it as much. Teams that keep losing you see it happen on more. Start winning and likely the number of players wanting out the door will decrease. And the other thing to do is stop signing players that are represented by Parker. I do think at some point, that may become a league wide trend as his tactics will grow old league wide.

I am with you, stop working with Parker and future players won't hire him. You can end his BS in 2 years.

Define decent. Is a 3rd round pick decent? A fourth? What message are you sending to the next guy in line?

Parker wants Byrd to be paid like the best safety in the league. I'd imagine the best safety in the league is worth a mid-first round pick. Otherwise make Byrd play out his franchise deal.

I don't see how Parker and Byrd think they're going to get a trade when Byrd has a lingering injury which is going to plague him all year. Who is going to trade for a player that they're not sure is going to suit up. Get on the field and play well and there might be trade options. Sit on the sidelines and complain and there will be none.

I'm in this camp, and since it isn't my money I'd franchise him again next offseason whether he contributes or not. That might seem to be a stupid business move, but, until the FO shows that they are willing to use every word in the CBA to their advantage they'll be walked on again and again.

I agree. This is happening because Parker got the Bills to buckle with Peters employing the same tactics. The Bills also buckled with Clements, agreeing not to franchise him the following year.

I'm sure his contract next season would almost certainly warrant a 3rd round comp pick so trade value would have to exceed that at least. I'd probably want more than one pick unless somebody went all Oakland Raiders and gave up something stupid.

Nobody is giving up a first or two seconds (Oakland excepted), but I might start there for negotiation purposes. I'd look for a second with a sweetener like a fourth or fifth. Maybe multiple bidders drives up the price and you get a 2nd and 3rd.

The problem is that due to his tag and consequent contract situation it will have to be a team he wants to play for if compensation is going to be worth trading him. No team is going to give up much if they don't think he'll stay.