Bills to sign K Dan Carpenter

FluffHead

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I'm clear, it appears that the kicker injured his groin so rather than go into the season with no kicker or have Dareus try to kick field goals we signed another professional kicker to start the season?

Sounds like a good move to me. Not sure where the problem is?

Well, I think you should speak for yourself because the thing I have wondered since I bought my Dareus jersey is whether or not he CAN kick field goals. Dude is versatile enough that I think he can do it. Let's see! :D

Important question: does Carpenter still don a cheese-stache and mullet? If so, I fully support the move.

You and every Canadian! :thumbsup:

Love that guy.

4308865380_49ee48f895.jpg

Out loud. I laughed! :thumbsup:

Why couldn't we just resign Lindell? At least we know what we get with him. Or is it assumed that carpenter is better than Lindell?

Asked and answered in this very thread. Ban Him!

Edited by beerme1

It almost seems impossible to be that close to the team and have them constantly hand scoops to the national media.

Not really. In order to break stories you have to have an inside source. To have an inside source you have to be only friendly terms with the source. The local guys have covered this team for 13 years of futility and consistently rip into the team for their failures. It's hard to cultivate sources for inside info when nobody likes you because you're ripping the team a new one.

Not really. In order to break stories you have to have an inside source. To have an inside source you have to be only friendly terms with the source. The local guys have covered this team for 13 years of futility and consistently rip into the team for their failures. It's hard to cultivate sources for inside info when nobody likes you because you're ripping the team a new one.

Anyone wonder why and how Schefter reported the news well before the bills announced the injury? The inside source in this case very likely was Carpenters agent. The agents most always tip off the national writers first, and Schefter is usually at the top of the list.

In any event, this was an awkward turn off events. I don't recall another instance where bills signed a player sight unseen. The injury must have been serious enough for bills to jump on Carpenter. Wonder if Hopkins goes on limited ir. Would sick to waste two roster spots on kickers with other holes on the team.

here's my contribution to this bizarre thread.

The Polish Cannon was drafted in round 1 by the Raiders, and earned every penny.

I remember who Oak was utterly blasted for taking a Kicker in 1st round that yr. He was the best college kicker ever and he could actually tackle! Years later, it doent look stupid at all... He;s been a top notch kicker since being drafted and still hasnt lost his range like most other kickers do as they age. Kinda helps that his range was almost 7o yards when he was young! LOL

I just hope the game Sunday is NOT on the line by a field goal and this guy has to win it .

Are you kidding me? I would be ecstatic if we somehow were positioned to win against the Pats in the final seconds. As it looks now, I expect if we're kicking a FG to end the game it would be just to avoid being shutout.

Don't forget, this guy Carpenter was actually in the Pro Bowl a few years ago. He can't be completely crappy.

Edited by Rubes

Are you kidding me? I would be ecstatic if we somehow were positioned to win against the Pats in the final seconds. As it looks now, I expect if we're kicking a FG to end the game it would be just to avoid being shutout.

Huh? How do you figure, bro?

Well, that's just the cynic in me, but I always go into a Pats* game expecting to lose 45-3.

See, I expect that and I'm unsatisfied but usually indifferent if the team is getting crushed. It's like, they're so outmatched you can't even get invested in it.

It's when they play out of their heads and then give the game away that I go nuts.