Bills reportedly concerned Kolb's career over

FluffHead

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I'll be the first to say it and be "that guy".

With Kolb going down with a career ending injury, will we receive a compensatory pick in next years draft? He was a QB and recently a high draft pick and fighting for a #1 spot. Just saying.

Unfortunate news for Kolb. He had a lot of promise coming into the league. Tough to see his dreams shattered, but health should be a priority. It's also sad that people make Kolb an agenda. The poor mans career is over and people and harping over not keeping TJax. Get over yourself

I agree with ya Tuesday. I would criticize this team if they signed Austin Collie as a receiver. Tjack has actually looked impressive this pre-season. I feel bad for Kolb but the reality is if you summed up his career with 2 adjectives it would be unimpressive and injury prone.

The thing is, I don't recall BillsFan714, Coach Tuesday, BillsVet and so forth speaking up about Kolb's concussion history and bad decision making in the spring when Fitz was not signed and Kolb brought in. It was all "Fitz is the most horrible QB in the league and only Sanchez is worse and let's get rid of Pickspatrick" and how Kolb might be good, he was beaten up in AZ and didn't have a fair chance to show his stuff.

As I recall.

Hindsight is always 20-20.

no matter what you felt about Kolb as a player. be it contributor or mentor to Manuel's career, or a possible starter who finally got his chance to play and be healthy, this is just a sad day for him and the team if his career is in fact over. I always thought he had potential to be a really solid QB , and when he first went to arizona, I had wished we grabbed him back then. My best wishes to you and your health, be it as a Buffalo Bill, or wherever this injury should land you.

With Kolb going down with a career ending injury, will we receive a compensatory pick in next years draft? He was a QB and recently a high draft pick and fighting for a #1 spot. Just saying.

That's not remotely how it works - google for a quick read on them

The thing is, I don't recall BillsFan714, Coach Tuesday, BillsVet and so forth speaking up about Kolb's concussion history and bad decision making in the spring when Fitz was not signed and Kolb brought in. It was all "Fitz is the most horrible QB in the league and only Sanchez is worse and let's get rid of Pickspatrick" and how Kolb might be good, he was beaten up in AZ and didn't have a fair chance to show his stuff.

As I recall.

Nice straw man argument there. For the record, I wasn't enthused about the Kolb signing given his doing almost nothing in the NFL and injury history. But true fan-hood apparently now means you don't criticize the team, we're not supposed to come down hard on the franchise. There's apparently new management in charge and we should give them time before offering an opinion.

Kolb was the latest in a long line of cast-offs brought in by this franchise who somehow were going to resurrect their careers. Holcomb, Fitz, VY, Tarvaris, and Kolb. At what point do people start questioning the QB decisions the franchise makes at the most important position? Based on the evidence, it appears the Bills don't know what they're doing at QB, despite having a new GM and HC. EJ had better be good and healthy because there's nothing behind him but UDFA talent and Matt Leinart.

As I recall.

Well in the March 2013 season motto post(pre-draft) I wrote 2 replies

2013-Lets get this over with and

Mourn on the Kolb

Thats how excited I was about the Kolb signing.

It's pretty safe to assume you have a limited understanding of CTE.

I do. In fact I don't even know what it stands for but I know its origins. Too many hits to the head.

No one saw it coming but the NFL and they are liable. Kolb should sue the pants off em

Doubtful. The exact formula isn't known but my understanding is you either have to be the Patriots or lose many guys to FA contracts

As I recall.

Damn right I am

As far as I know Kolb has enough money. If he has concussion problems (as is evident) he should retire. There is no point. He's young and wealthy. Move on from football. He's already "won" in the sense of the making the money. As for the love of the game, it is just a game. His brain is more important.

Edited by SameOldBills

According to Tim Graham twitter

@ByTimGraham: Source tells me Bills concerned Kevin Kolb's concussion may be career-ending and they're proceeding with that in mind.

It's still a Tim graham tweet - kolb still could be a week 1 starter to give the full range of possibilities. On a non football level, I hope the best for him and his health.

I hope they reach an injury settlement with him or IR him to give him another year of NFL service time, and offer their medical staff to provide him with whatever support he needs.

Irrespective of his performance on the field, I do hope they counsel him to not return to football. The stakes are much higher than what can be earned on an NFL playing field.

I wasn't jazzed about the guy, but I would have felt more comfortable with a veteran backup. Hopefully Leinart can step in and be that guy, and hopefully Kolb can find a life after football and be at peace with it. I am sure it's a ridiculously hard thing to give up on.

It's still a Tim graham tweet - kolb still could be a week 1 starter to give the full range of possibilities. On a non football level, I hope the best for him and his health.

This much is true.

"New" regime. Same old bad decision making,

Well it's not like a concussion from a knee to the head was anything Kolb could have prevented by training harder. Unless you mean they should have known he had bad luck....I really don't see how this injury could have been foreseen by any talent evaluator

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead