Bills reportedly concerned Kolb's career over

FluffHead

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a Tim graham tweet - kolb still could be a week 1 starter to give the full range of possibilities. On a non football level, I hope the best for him and his health.

They would not have obtained two QBs today if there was a glimmer of hope that Kolb would return. Time to hang it up, for his own sake.

Edited by GG

It's amazing how some people just want to question every decision of the front office. There were limited FA options at QB this offseason. Good or bad the door is now wide open for EJ.

There certainly are reasons to question the front office. One, cutting Fitzpatrick when there were no quality QBs available. Two, cutting Jackson knowing Kolb's injury history. So in effect, they wasted training camp on guys who won't be back-ups

While I feel bad for him, the FO were idiots. No GM with half a brain was willing to sign this guy given his complete inability to stay healthy. yet, to save a few bucks, we unload fitz (as opposed to keep him as a somewhat expensive backup), cut TJ before camp, and put all our eggs in the kolb basket.

What's funny is that this was the complete opposite strategy as last year, where we stockpiled and overpaid backup QBs as insurance policies that we never needed.

They would not have obtained two QBs today if there was a glimmer of hope that Kolb would return. Time to hang it up, for his own sake.

You acquire the qbs today if there's even a hint of question about him. Ill agree it sounds bad but its not as final as many are portraying. Separating speculation and fact was all I was getting at.

The guy already had a storied injury history when they decided to keep him instead of Tavaris Jackson. Shows a complete lack of foresight. ESP.

LOL. Six month ago we couldn't get FItz out of town fast enough.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hopefully, the concussion isn't too bad although it appears from reports it might be. Jim McMahon is having real difficulty with his mind and only had three concussions, but this was one of the three:

Linky

The most recent of a series of special programs on NFL concussions is appearing on PBS Frontline, October 8 and 15. CTE continues to be a concern and the lawsuit between ex-NFL players and the league now has over 4200 plaintiffs. The subject is so controversial within the league offices that after a meeting between the commissioner and John Skipper from ESPN, the Worldwide Leader pulled its name off the documentary.

Linky

Linky

So many couldn't wait to see Fitz out of town....One good thing about him was his durability, and he could certainly help us now...Chalk up another failure for our great front office. Kevin Kolb was done long before he landed here. Get well soon EJ....we need ya!

just puzzled about how in the world a guy gets a career ending injury from a hit like the one we saw in the game. I would have thought the physical exam they give players would have been a little better so we would have been able to see this coming. or maybe we did and that gives us the out if EJ does not do so well. they could say they had to start him too soon. If we had kept fitz a lot of people would have been mad but at least we would have a mid range starter without injury issues.

LOL. Six month ago we couldn't get FItz out of town fast enough.

PTR

I don't recall the usual members of team storm cloud ushering Fitzpatrick out the door. His days as a starter were numbered, but he was still one of the best backup QBs in the game.

Hopefully, the concussion isn't too bad although it appears from reports it might be. Jim McMahon is having real difficulty with his mind and only had three concussions

I do question any concussion counts as I think players lowball the number - the old "just got my bell rung" or refusing to admit to problems to protect their jobs. I think most have many more than their resumes reflect which can make it hard to compare unless there are some severe ones that really stand out.

It's amazing how some people just want to question every decision of the front office. There were limited FA options at QB this offseason. Good or bad the door is now wide open for EJ.

It's a Bills message board where 6 months of the year are the off season. I would find not discussing, pro and con, the FO decisions boring and resembling some communist media.

I do question any concussion counts as I think players lowball the number - the old "just got my bell rung" or refusing to admit to problems to protect their jobs. I think most have many more than their resumes reflect which can make it hard to compare unless there are some severe ones that really stand out.

+1

I could never call him "Kobb" with the "L" in there, so perhaps it's better off.

I don't recall the usual members of team storm cloud ushering Fitzpatrick out the door. His days as a starter were numbered, but he was still one of the best backup QBs in the game.

And reportedly, Fitz was offered $3 M to stay and left to play for $2M. What are you gonna do?