Bills Trade for Lions QB Thaddeus Lewis

BRAWNDO

I'm blindly going with our front office doing their due diligence on QBs who can run our style of offense -which I'm convinced we haven't seem yet. This kid had glowing cred in college and has great wheels. IMO, White wasn't gonna make the roster anyway, so this is a tip of the hat to our new pro scouts.

Go Bills!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tuel really hurt himself with the performance against the Redskins... 0 first downs in the 2nd half was just terrible. The whole thought of him being the primary backup has gone out the window as of yesterday. He probably can change that viewpoint with a convincing performance next week. I'm sure he'll get at least a half. But without a strong showing next week he'll have to be headed to the Practice Squad...

Behind that O-line, it really doesn't matter who they have back there. If they can run....all the better.

I'm blindly going with our front office doing their due diligence on QBs who can run our style of offense -which I'm convinced we haven't seem yet. This kid had glowing cred in college and has great wheels. IMO, White wasn't gonna make the roster anyway, so this is a tip of the hat to our new pro scouts.

Go Bills!

Yup - we've traded two inside linebackers that would be cut for an olb that likely plays solid reps and a possible backup qb. That's non contributors at non premium positions for possible contributors/upgrades at premium positions.

Why not give Brad Smith reps? It means either:

He will make the team as WR and special teamer and the coaches do not Ned to work him in at QB.

He is just filling a spot for a few more days and will be cut regardless of what he does.

only on Wikipedia ..... "While in high school, Lewis was trained by the well known Floridian quarterback coach, Chris Fahr. Fahr trained Lewis, along with other standout American Football quarterbacks such as Matt Wilde, John Glazier, and Stephen Guenther"

WHO? I've never heard of any of those "standout American Football quarterbacks."

Please answer my prayers!

That is totally inappropriate, the man's career is on the line, and he could possibly have longterm health issues. No matter what you think about him as a QB, there is no place for this kind of heartless cynicism, even on a free-for-all fan discussion board.

Why not give Brad Smith reps? It means either:

He will make the team as WR and special teamer and the coaches do not Ned to work him in at QB.

He is just filling a spot for a few more days and will be cut regardless of what he does.

If Brad Smith was any good at QB, wouldn't he have shown that by now? There's a reason he's football's equivalent of utility infielder.

Go Bills!

The same personnel evaluators that thought Kolb was a good investment? But what are ya gonna do? You have to believe that Kolb was an aberration.

That is totally inappropriate, the man's career is on the line, and he could possibly have longterm health issues. No matter what you think about him as a QB, there is no place for this kind of heartless cynicism, even on a free-for-all fan discussion board.

Agreed. He also is a Buffalo Bill. Why anyone would "pray" that someone got hurt or be happy that someone got hurt (particularly a player on our team), I will never know. I remember being at a game when some "fans" cheered when one of our former QBs got hurt.

I also do not understand calling a guy a kitty. These guys are tougher than any of the keyboard jockeys here. Watch Hard Knocks to see what these guys go through. Better yet, regarding Kevin Kolb, take another look at the shot he took when he got hurt last year.

Sad to see White go... but the days of being a limited player who can really only contribute on special teams seem to be a thing of the past.

Likely means White was going to get cut, so not really a big deal

College highlight clip...he's undersized, but appears to have pretty good movement skills.

FWIW, his coach at Duke was David Cutcliffe -- the same guy Peyton likes to train with (I think he was a coach at Tennessee when Peyton was there).

But it is preseason and DET. Wallbash... @ least I can see the logic in the Lawyer Malloy thing... Even if it is as a sleazy Belicheat tactic! Make it count!

Can always count on you Eric to be on the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/v...1/Lewis-TD-pass

TD throw in week 17 against Pittsburgh...

http://www.detroitli...af-1910a01a6f72

Jim Schwartz on Lewis...

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2010/04/20/qb-lewis-hopes-name-called-nfl-draft

He's a quick learner:

But in evaluating Lewis’s intangibles, there’s plenty for NFL teams to like. From the moment he took over in the second series of his freshman opener against Richmond until his final snap senior year, Lewis played under the direction of three different offensive coordinators. For each of his first three seasons, Lewis was burdened with learning a new offensive scheme in just a few months before being thrown right into the action in the fall.

blank.pngWhat do you think?

Edited by Lurker

only on Wikipedia ..... "While in high school, Lewis was trained by the well known Floridian quarterback coach, Chris Fahr. Fahr trained Lewis, along with other standout American Football quarterbacks such as Matt Wilde, John Glazier, and Stephen Guenther" WHO? I've never heard of any of those "standout American Football quarterbacks."

See. I think that speaks very well of Wiki to have a factoid like that. Those guys were probably highly-ranked high school QBs in that football factory known as Florida.

I personally like more information than less information.

College highlight clip...he's undersized, but appears to have pretty good movement skills.

Fairly sturdy looking body and throws well on the run. Kinda looks like Steve McNair a bit.

Also, evidently he started one game for Cleveland in 2011. Went 22-32 204yds 1TD/1INT. Sounds like buffalo QB numbers to me!

He did that against the number one ranked defense that year in the Steelers.

Think The Pats are really worried about the Bils right now ? :nana:

OUCH! Touche!

Lol

*pops in game tape

"how the hell do I gameplan for THAT?"

LoL... The whole tape can be panning through the drunk crowd. We can still hold the game. Just don't play... ;-)

We'd be the only team to forfeit to gain a tactical advantage! :-)

In hindsight that exemption lasting through the first week of the season would've been really nice right now - and that's nothing to do with Byrd. The extra week to figure out injuries/ability before activating Byrd the day before the game could've been nice

I agree but doubt Byrd would have liked not getting coin for game 1 (almost 1/2 a million).

New guy looks like a typical but good college QB, and Jboys is right fast release. I like that he has athletic abilities, we'll see.

Fairly sturdy looking body and throws well on the run. Kinda looks like Steve McNair a bit.

That's exactly what I thought, as well. McNair threw a much nicer ball based on this highlight tape, but this kid seems to be VERY active and can threaten in several ways.

Who knows, maybe he's got the raw materials that Hackett and the boys can shape and mold into a solid player for us.

What do you offer the lions for a re-tread QB who was likely to be cut by the lions, and likely to be cut by the Bills?

I get we need arms right now, but I am curious what we offered. Even a 7th round pick seems excessive!

Chris White was traded for him.

The same personnel evaluators that thought Kolb was a good investment? But what are ya gonna do? You have to believe that Kolb was an aberration.

I think this would hold more weight if Kolb was horrible as a starter in the regular season. We knew he was injury prone, but that doesn't mean he would definetly be injured here. This is not a slight on the front office's choices, it was an injury that could end his career. They took a flyer that was risky because of his injury past, but they may have thought our offensive line could keep him clean and he would excel. Didn't work out, happens, move on. Lets see how they do during the season before we judge what we think of this staff.