Pats* Getting Pounded

MattM

I can't even feel a twinge of optimism...yes, I like the changes the Bills made on paper and I like to see the Patsies getting pounded, but I'll wait to judge them until I see them on the field in Week 1.

It's preseason, folks...it means N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

It means nothing unless the Bills look bad.

I don't think this pre-season games says much of anything about what's going to be reality in the regular season.

However, I do think this is going to be one of the worst Belichick-Brady offenses. They'll still score points and win games but not like before. You don't lose a perennial 100+ reception WR, a 51 reception TE, a 40 reception RB and have another 55 reception TE coming off back surgery and not skip a beat. Just doesn't happen.

Welker, Hernandez and Woodhead accounted for 52% of Brady's completions last season. That's a lot.

Again, preseason, but I have to agree with you. Only a fool diminishes Tom Brady's skill, but there is a major drop of from "elite" receivers, "good" receivers and capable ones. The Bills have a lot of good recievers this year. Last year, the Pats had a lot of elite ones. Now...

Toss in Brady reaching the final years of his career, I don't think they are going to be the dominant force of years past.

Of course, knowing our luck...

Again, preseason, but I have to agree with you. Only a fool diminishes Tom Brady's skill, but there is a major drop of from "elite" receivers, "good" receivers and capable ones. The Bills have a lot of good recievers this year. Last year, the Pats had a lot of elite ones. Now...

Toss in Brady reaching the final years of his career, I don't think they are going to be the dominant force of years past.

Of course, knowing our luck...

I am not so much downplaying Brady's ability to put up #s for the offense. I do think their defense can look slow and out of position. This is where I think (hope) we can have an edge with our speed guys and the fact that Belicheat has very little film on our offense at Game 1.

LOL to this taunting penalty.

http://www.nfl.com/v...-by-Lions-Young

So we have the tuck rule, the knee rule and now the finger rule.

This is clearly taunting as much as I HATE to defend the Pats*. He holds his jersey, won't let him go, and wags a finger in his face. Lord only knows what he was jawing about too.

That said cry baby Brady looking over at the ref like "c'mon he can't do that! :( Makes me wonder how he gets any respect around the league. He looks like a huge baby!

Brady looks different to me like he's ultra concerned about getting hit. Maybe it's just the pre-season and trying to stay healthy but he looks to get rattled easier than I ever remember.

Brady has never liked getting hit or pressure up the middle of the pocket. As you can see if you take away their running game and get hits on Brady they fail.

Not easily done, but this is why the Ravens and Giants have always matched up so well.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Brady has never liked getting hit or pressure up the middle of the pocket. As you can see if you take away their running game and get hits on Brady they fail.

And Pettine knows how to get to him having played against him for years with the Jets. Don't expect Pettine to hold anything back whatsoever.

Looks like the Cheats* are having a rough night in Mo-Town. It's 13-3 Lions, but should be worse considering they've fumbled 3 times and Brady's been picked once and sacked twice. The Lions (w/o Megatron) missed a FG, too, and the Pats* can't seem to get anything going on O. Bunch of 3 and outs.

Let's hope this continues on Sept. 8....

Wake me up if they get "Pounded" Sept. 8th. Pre-season means **** to me!

I watched the first half of this game in condensed version this morning, and had several takeaways:

-- Brady is still Brady; the guy makes every throw. Must. Get. Pressure.

-- Amendola (who didn't play) and Edelman will kill teams with those short timing routes to the outside.

-- Pats* effectively shut down Reggie Bush in the run game, but had a hell of a time trying to deal with him as a pass catcher (take note, CJ and Hackett)

-- I believe a quick passing game will be very effective (and necessary) against the Pats* defense; they are really trying to get upfield quickly.

Despite a lack of success last night, I still think the Pats* will emphasize the running game more than we've seen, particularly early in the season. The Bills have got to be prepared for this.

They ran it pretty, pretty, pretty well on us last season. To the tune of two 100 yard rushers in a single game. Sorry but that isn't all on Dave Wannstedt

Actually it had a lot to do with it. Wannstedt never changed personelle, never switch up the looks. Called the same packages and plays. It was said be a NE (cant remeber who) player that "They kept showing the same thing, so we kept doing the same thing."

The coaching staff was so inept it is laughable.

Actually it had a lot to do with it. Wannstedt never changed personelle, never switch up the looks. Called the same packages and plays. It was said be a NE (cant remeber who) player that "They kept showing the same thing, so we kept doing the same thing."

The coaching staff was so inept it is laughable.

Tom Brady said that about running the same play 20 times on the Bills.

This is clearly taunting as much as I HATE to defend the Pats*. He holds his jersey, won't let him go, and wags a finger in his face. Lord only knows what he was jawing about too.

That said cry baby Brady looking over at the ref like "c'mon he can't do that! :( Makes me wonder how he gets any respect around the league. He looks like a huge baby!

I agree it was taunting as well. I was more laughing at Brady like you said. Not to mention the taunting penalty should have never happened since the guard held the hell out of Young and Young would have gotten Brady.

You're 100% spot on. Clear taunt. But, Jesus, Tom. Take it like a man. For once in your miserable life.

Do we wish we had kept Joique Bell?

Will the Patsies weak receiving corps catch up with them this year, or will Marcia pull them out again no matter who he has? They sure look weak and who knows if Amendola and Gronk will be able to stay healthy.

Yes it's ONLY preseason, but we've seen Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, and Cam Newton all look horrendous at times. Yet, EJ has looked solid throughout and certainly not horrendous, but many still seem to say they're not impressed and were hoping for more. True, we still gotta play the games, but so far the results look good.

I agree it was taunting as well. I was more laughing at Brady like you said. Not to mention the taunting penalty should have never happened since the guard held the hell out of Young and Young would have gotten Brady.

That was the lop-sided Cheatriot call of the week. It was a blatant hold and a borderline safety, but when Brady is involved, it goes 15 yards the other way. There is at least one of these every week.

That was the lop-sided Cheatriot call of the week. It was a blatant hold and a borderline safety, but when Brady is involved, it goes 15 yards the other way. There is at least one of these every week.

Look at the flags from the game. the Putz had 4 flags for 46 yards and the Lions 11 for 102.

The Detroit Lions knocked Tom Brady around during a 40-9 win Thursday night, and they enjoyed every minute of it.

We can't imagine how excited the Lions would be if the game counted

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232967/article/lions-willie-young-benched-after-taunting-tom-brady- NFL.com

• When you constantly act like an azz Tom, expect this kind of stuff to happen.

Wish I was watching this game.

I watched it live. They dont really have many explosive offensive weapons.

Brady is good but if his receivers drop balls, cant hold the ball, they're in trouble.

If Bellicheat is smart he will be open to getting some high power receiver or they will probably even miss the playoffs. They didnt look sharp as usual.

Yes it's ONLY preseason, but we've seen Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, and Cam Newton all look horrendous at times. Yet, EJ has looked solid throughout and certainly not horrendous, but many still seem to say they're not impressed and were hoping for more. True, we still gotta play the games, but so far the results look good.

Seriously? EJ wasn't looking so hot in that first game, up until the 2:00 drive. He has his share of miscues in the second game as well. He's looked as good as I've hoped, but he'll be making plenty of mistakes this year once defenses start trying to confuse him.

I'm totally on the EJ bandwagon, but sounds like everyone is getting a little giddy.

Seriously? EJ wasn't looking so hot in that first game, up until the 2:00 drive. He has his share of miscues in the second game as well. He's looked as good as I've hoped, but he'll be making plenty of mistakes this year once defenses start trying to confuse him.

I'm totally on the EJ bandwagon, but sounds like everyone is getting a little giddy.

I don't fault EJ for being a little too hyped up in his 1st live preseason action...the only "mistake" he really made was the botched handoff w/ CJ. He hasn't even come close to throwing a pick, and he led two long TD drives.

I think giddy is good.