[closed]I believe that Da'Rick Rogers makes this team, What do you

COULD DA’RICK ROGERS GET CUT BY THE BILLS? I DON’T THINK IT HAPPENS

I have been listening to my fellow Bills fans and media for the past couple days talking about Wide Receiver Da’Rick Rogers. This is why I believe the Bills will not cut Rogers.

Rogers is a very amazing talent, who was a top wide out at the University of Tennessee. Rogers biggest problem was “Mary Jane”, during his college years at Tenneessee, weed caused him quite a bit of problems long term. It ultimately caused Rogers a shot at playing last season with Tyler Bray and company. Instead he had to travel to Tennessee Tech and play in the OVC.

After a ten touchdown season for Tech, where Da’Rick was a class act per his coaches, Rogers showed improvement off the field and had no reports of drug use or behavior problems. The OVC teams defending Rogers knew what they had in front of them, and always had double coverage on Rogers by playing a safety over the top on almost every play. He still made huge grabs and showed his talents.

After the draft, do you know who the Bills were on the phone with first? Yep, you guessed it, Da’Rick Rogers. The signing bonus money never did come out, why is that? I will tell you, when teams call these players they are in a bidding war, or offering out stuff to intrigue the players/agents to sign with them. The Teams only have 75,000 dollars to give out for signing bonuses, for all their undrafted free agents. Which is when a team will usually offer out better things, such as playing time, roster spots and so forth. I think deep down inside if there were 15 teams calling Rogers the Bills told him that he would have a spot if he came to Buffalo (I could be wrong), but cannot see why Rogers would chose Buffalo over 14 other teams. The deal had to be intriguing.

The Bills have seen this before, the preseason comes, And guess who shows up MARCUS EASLEY. If there was a Pro-Bowl for preseason guys he would be a three year pro bowler. Well you heard it right, 3 years. The Bills have kicked the tires on this guy long enough. He has had two major injuries ending his season and is another injury away from being out this league. I don’t think he survives another roster cut.

Next is Chris Hogan, the Monmouth product. Listen I understand he has had a great camp and preseason and that is awesome, but he has been cut from several teams before. He can easily be put on a practice squad and forgotten about. Rogers on the other hand will be scooped up so fast it will be crazy.

Another wide receiver fighting for a spot is Brad Smith. Brad was a Chan Gailey guy, these are new coaches. I don’t care if Buffalo made him take a pay cut or not, if they don’t want you they will cut you. A perfect example of this is Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Mark Anderson. This is a business, and yes while Smith helps you in Special Teams, it is not a guarantee he makes this roster, especially with Flash Goodwin taking over Smith’s role.

Because of the Bills Youth at the position I think Smith has a good shot at staying, but I would not guarantee it. I think the Bills have some great wide outs, but the question is how many wide outs will they keep?

The answer to me is keep one extra and have two practice squad guys. This way in case of injury you have solid back-ups. You are very young at the position and need to keep at least 6 wide outs.

Here is who i keep:

Stevie Johnson, Robert Woods, T.J. Graham, Marquise Goodwin, Da’Rick Rogers and Brad Smith.

Lastly I try to keep both Brandon Kaufman and Chris Hogan on the Practice squad. Bills will need depth and the only real player getting cut here is former draft pick Marcus Easley, who has given you nothing in the years he has been in the league, except an amazing pre-season performances.

Why would you give up on a guy like Da’Rick Rogers who has been in Buffalo for only a few months, but your fighting to keep a guy on the team who has been on the roster for the past three years and giving you nothing?

The talent that Rogers has is unteachable, (Size, Speed, and Hands) but he is injury free and younger. He is a taller receiver, but will need to be groomed. Do you remember Stevie Johnson his rookie year? He needed time too, how did that turn out?

#GoBills

COULD DA’RICK ROGERS GET CUT BY THE BILLS? I DON’T THINK IT HAPPENS

I have been listening to my fellow Bills fans and media for the past couple days talking about Wide Receiver Da’Rick Rogers. This is why I believe the Bills will not cut Rogers.

etc...

Why format that way, and why create your own thread? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/160457-rogers-after-two-practice-games/

I didn't read your post because well it was unreadable. Lets see how smart the coaching staff is and our new GM is. Hogan in my opinion is an average player at best. he will always be the 5th or 6th WR on a team. Rogers has a whole lot more potential. I would stuff im in as the 6th WR if you can. He plays special teams.

WR's should be easy. Stevie, Graham, Wood, Goodwin, Easley, Rogers

I am not sure what they do with Smith. He seems like a dime a dozen type player and he isn't even returning kicks anymore.

I hate your formatting.It's like highschool AOL from 1996. I read none of it because of it. You may be the first person I block

Not sure if Rogers makes the roster, but I just don't see Brad Smith making it. He serves zero purpose on this team, and for that reason, Rogers has a chance

Does it really matter. There are six guys playing better. He might never see the field here

Is Goodwin really playing better at wideout? Better on special teams, but not at WR. Rogers is a big physical receiver, the kind that many posters here were clamoring for. Kaufman needs to be on roster as well for he is a big, young target as well. Hogan has been released from teams before and I don't see the pattern changing. Brad Smith, like Lindell, has served his time and can be released too.

Edited by the skycap

I didn't read your post because well it was unreadable. Lets see how smart the coaching staff is and our new GM is. Hogan in my opinion is an average player at best. he will always be the 5th or 6th WR on a team. Rogers has a whole lot more potential. I would stuff im in as the 6th WR if you can. He plays special teams.

WR's should be easy. Stevie, Graham, Wood, Goodwin, Easley, Rogers

I am not sure what they do with Smith. He seems like a dime a dozen type player and he isn't even returning kicks anymore.

So if Hogan stays and Rogers goes, the collective brain-trust that run the Bills are stupid?

I hate your formatting.It's like highschool AOL from 1996. I read none of it because of it. You may be the first person I block

Not sure if Rogers makes the roster, but I just don't see Brad Smith making it. He serves zero purpose on this team, and for that reason, Rogers has a chance

almost in tears reading your post....nicely done...

I did not read the thread because of the AOLish wording... good call on that by the way.

My thoughts are this though... Da'Rick Rodgers can play special teams just as good as others WRs on the squad, and has more potential than the others in front of him. That includes Stevie...

I think TJ is expendable, trade for a 5th rd pick. Goodwin is a better version of TJ.

Robert Woods and Goodwin on the outside, and Stevie in the slot. Goaline sub Rodgers in for Goodwin, solid WRs.

It's just not worth losing that potential on waivers... and he's on the cheap.

Edited by qblax16

I think TJ is expendable, trade for a 5th rd pick. Goodwin is a better version of TJ.

Robert Woods and Goodwin on the outside, and Stevie in the slot. Goaline sub Rodgers in for Goodwin, solid WRs.

This is my thinking as well. TJ was horrid last year and hasn't showed much in pre season. Sure he was injured last week. We'll see what he does this week. I doubt you could get a 5th round pick for him. 7th is best case I would think.

After SJ and Woods, it's all question marks from there. I'm not so sure our WR group is very deep.

Section 2. Signing With Other Clubs:

(a) Any player under contract to a Club as a Practice Squad player shall be

completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club at any time during

the League Year, to serve as a player on any Club's Active or Inactive List, and any Club

is completely free to negotiate and sign such a Player Contract with such player, without

penalty or restriction, including, but not limited to, Draft Choice Compensation between

Clubs or First Refusal Rights of any kind, or any signing period, except that such player

shall not be permitted to sign a Player Contract with another Club to serve as a Practice

Squad player while under contract as a Practice Squad player.

https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/CBA-Download/

This is my thinking as well. TJ was horrid last year and hasn't showed much in pre season. Sure he was injured last week. We'll see what he does this week. I doubt you could get a 5th round pick for him. 7th is best case I would think.

After SJ and Woods, it's all question marks from there. I'm not so sure our WR group is very deep.

After those 2, I'm not sure how deep they really are either, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I do like the potential that TJ, Goodwin, Easley, and Rogers bring, but that's all it is right now. Choo Choo Coleman looked great in the pre-season too.

How many physically gifted but mentally midgeted WRs never make the leap to the NFL? Marrone is not a babysitter. Rogers won't make the final 53.

I am not sure if you have ever watched an interview with just about any star receiver outside Larry fitz, Andre Johnson or Calvin.... But I assure you many are not the "tallest" guy in the room.

I am not sure if you have ever watched an interview with just about any star receiver outside Larry fitz, Andre Johnson or Calvin.... But I assure you many are not the "tallest" guy in the room.

Like for instance.....Dez Bryant?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz