LB Nigel Bradham Charged with Majijuana Possesion

That's brilliant - so "after sundown" == 2 AM? He was in Western New York, not Alaska.

No one has yet responded to my point that to heck with the pot - WTF is he doing cruising around at 2 AM during Training Camp where they have been holding nearly all their practices at 8 AM??

That's called not giving a damn about your job, and the Bills have every right to rip him a new one for it.

Well they didn't even practice that day as it was after the game Friday night. Even NFL players get a day off.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not just in NYC...its all over NY state. Troopers will almost 100 percent pull you over for a deep tint. They even have a tint measure instrument that can actually measure the tint darkness, amazing huh?

But DWB was for sure involved in this case.

Sad thing is for Nigal, if he doesn't get rid of the tint and change his plates to NY it will happen again.

Just so I understand correctly, he was pulled over for having illegally tinted windows, but in actuality it was based on his race? What do you base this on? Just because a person is black, green, yellow, or pink and they happened to get pulled over for a valid, legal reason doesn't mean that the person is being profiled because they are black, green, yellow, or pink. If that was the case, only white folks could ever be pulled over - since we all know white folks can't claim racial profiling....

I have troopers in my family. I know they will pull over a vehicle with dark tinted windows, no matter the race because they can not see inside to know who is operating. So how does this morph into being stopped under "driving while black"? The officer can't see who the driver is? It was Nigel's fault for burning one while driving. I like him and his potential but this was just plain stupid.

Edited by Nitro

That's brilliant - so "after sundown" == 2 AM? He was in Western New York, not Alaska.

No one has yet responded to my point that to heck with the pot - WTF is he doing cruising around at 2 AM during Training Camp where they have been holding nearly all their practices at 8 AM??

That's called not giving a damn about your job, and the Bills have every right to rip him a new one for it.

First, training camp is not lockdown. Players do go out on their off days.

Second, the Bills don't practice the day after games.

PTR

I have troopers in my family. I know they will pull over a vehicle with dark tinted windows, no matter the race because they can not see inside to know who is operating. So how does this morph into being stopped under "driving while black"? The officer can't see who the driver is? It was Nigel's fault for burning one while driving. I like him and his potential but this was just plain stupid.

Yep to all of it. Hopefully he gets a warning from Sir Roger.

Whoa! When did scent of mj become burning one? Unlit ganj had a strong odor all by itself. Besides if the policeman thought someone was smoking Bradham would be given more than a citation.

PTR

Whoa! When did scent of mj become burning one? Unlit ganj had a strong odor all by itself. Besides if the policeman thought someone was smoking Bradham would be given more than a citation.

PTR

More than a citation? Like what? Possession is possession, whether in a little baggie, rolled in a joint, or burning in a pipe. If you are inferring a DUI, there has to be evidence of impairment before that comes in to play - just like drinking a beer while driving doesn't automatically qualify you for the DUI, smoking a fattie behind the wheel doesn't either!

Probably 1/2 of the posters or more on this site have smoked weed at one time or more in their lives. It's already legal in a bunch of states... nothing to see here...

Probably but I guarantee none of us played LB for the Bills at the time. I and my friends did a whole bunch of dumb things when we were younger involving prolific amounts of alcohol and sometimes illegal substances. Again, none of us played for the Bills or pro sports of any kind so nobody really cared. Nothing to see? It's still illegal in NY. It goes against the NFL personal conduct policy. Regardless of what people think about the law in regards to weed, he will be disciplined by the Bills and by the NFL and will be lucky to avoid a suspension. It was a stupid thing to do on his part.

More than a citation? Like what? Possession is possession, whether in a little baggie, rolled in a joint, or burning in a pipe. If you are inferring a DUI, there has to be evidence of impairment before that comes in to play just like drinking a beer while driving doesn't automatically qualify you for the DUI, smoking a fattie behind the wheel doesn't either!

You want to test that theory? Open container or a lit blunt gets you more than a citation.

PTR

The whole DWB crap is the theory that if he was white he'd not have been pulled over...

...or driving with tinted windows at 2am...

...or out of state tags...

...or more to the story we do not know...

This is not a social issue about marijuana. This is a boneheaded move by an NFL player. Far from a martyr for the cause of enhancing the image of marijuana.

I also have trouble with fans defending this offense because marijuana is legal in some states. Every NFL player knows it is against league rules and they face potential suspension.

As for marijuana, is it far from a harmless, misunderstood drug! The stuff they are designing now is genetically engineered to be increasingly addictive much like cigarettes were manipulated over time. As opposed to alcohol, it can stay in the system for up to seven days and almost immediately impairs motor skills such that studies are showing it can double the risk of a driver being in an accident. In addition, it is especially dangerous for young adults whose brians are still developing and the long-term effects are just beginning to be researched such as links to mental illness, depression and suicide. I won't continue to go off topic but there are many reasons it is a good idea the NFL does not ignore it just because a few states are making unwise decisions. And it is related because how many young careers have been negatively impacted by marijuana. Have we forgotten about Ricky Williams so fast?

I don't think Bradham should be cut but it definately should be strike one.

No I'm not joking. Do you want a cancer on the team that takes away from the other players focus? Look at New England, they cut Hernandez as soon as he was arrested. Belichick wasn't going to let one guy bring down his whole team. They got rid of him, put him out of their minds, and moved on.

So Nigel came into the league with priors like Hernandez is what you're saying?

Bradham is a key player on this defense and a bit of weed isn't enough to get yourself kicked out of a team who hasnt made the playoffs in 12 years...

Or maybe I should jump in on this ratio thing and just say,

Weed>Murder