LB Nigel Bradham Charged with Majijuana Possesion

There is a lot of talk about following the law. I believe in following laws when they are just, and I would want other people to be following them too, because it would be for the best. We would be safe, and there would be no need for police officers, but we would have them anyway, like out front of Buckingham Palace. Except, in this case, Buckingham Palace would be places like Tonawanda, all across America, with all the pride, pomp, and pageantry that an officer, or any citizen would want.

It would be a great place for all, because nobody would be breaking the law, and nobody would be in prison. Prison Guards would be hired, but they would invariably be old geezers with no other object than to play poker and go fishing.

That would be swell, so long as a new law weren't created that put previously law-abiding citizens, on the wrong side of the law. Then, all of a sudden, we would have to have fewer parades, because there would be less free time for the officers, with the new arrests that would have to be made. And the Prison Guards would have no time to fish or play poker, and might lose their jobs altogether, in favor of younger men who previously had no other employment than to ride motorcycles and come to the aid of damsels in some sort of distress or other.

What about this new law? It's bad for police officers, its bad for security guards, and it's especially bad for mexicans and blacks. When I Googled this law, I came to the opinion that The Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 was created intentionally as a means to arrest Mexicans and Blacks, and now, not quite a century later, a fair number of "them" (whom we might have called "us") are PISSED OFF.

I'm pissed off too, and the only thing that used to help me was hemp flower. I didn't even know the stuff was called mariju-whatsit. If it weren't for that law, I'd still be sitting on Easy Street right now, playing poker, smoking doobers, and enjoying a magnificent parade, brought to us, once again, by those masters of grand spectacle, the police and fire departments, cheering my heart out.

FREE BRADHAM!

Exactly.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, training camp is not lockdown. Players do go out on their off days.

Second, the Bills don't practice the day after games.

PTR

And you think how late you stay up one night doesn't affect your sleep cycle for the NEXT DAY? This is provably false.

It's not like he was getting to bed at 2 am - he was still out and about at 2 am.

No way is he remotely at his best by 8 am the following (Sunday) morning. There are lots of studies that show this if it isn't intuitive enough for you.

We're talking about a 2nd year 5th round pick trying to play in a new more complex system. If he's serious about earning and keeping his spot on the team, he needs to get serious about being his best when he's trying to learn his job.

But he was pulled over and the cop smelled weed, obviously he was driving and smoking

"Obviously?" I have not read any report confirming whether or not there were passengers in the vehicle. Bradham specifically declined to answer that very question.

And you think how late you stay up one night doesn't affect your sleep cycle for the NEXT DAY? This is provably false.

It's not like he was getting to bed at 2 am - he was still out and about at 2 am.

No way is he remotely at his best by 8 am the following (Sunday) morning. There are lots of studies that show this if it isn't intuitive enough for you.

We're talking about a 2nd year 5th round pick trying to play in a new more complex system. If he's serious about earning and keeping his spot on the team, he needs to get serious about being his best when he's trying to learn his job.

Uh, no I don't. You are making a leap here. He wasn't at a rave at 2am. He was in his car, maybe on his way home. He had a bag of pungent weed in his car and got cited for it. He wasn't smoking because a cop smelling burning ganj would arrest you on the spot under suspicion of driving while impaired.

Stop making this more that it is. The guy was blowing off some steam after a week+ of hard work.

PTR

had a late night. thought i'd just throw that log on the fire.

oddly enough, i'm amused by post's meaning, and lack thereof, given the attention it has stirred from at least one poster's response.

i'll leave it be, and remain cryptic. Sorry I was drunk again.

jw

:D

But he was pulled over and the cop smelled weed, obviously he was driving and smoking

Not obviously. You're clearly using your "jump to conclusions" Matt. Had he been smoking, he would have been cuffed and taken to jail. He wasn't. At this point it comes down to the penalty to be issued by the team and by the NFL.

Not obviously. You're clearly using your "jump to conclusions" Matt. Had he been smoking, he would have been cuffed and taken to jail. He wasn't. At this point it comes down to the penalty to be issued by the team and by the NFL.

Faulty logic, just because he wasn't arrested doesn't prove he wasn't toking. The cop didn't check for him being stoned is more likely. What would the cop of done, have him do drunk driving sobriety test? Seems unlikely, but it is possible

Faulty logic, just because he wasn't arrested doesn't prove he wasn't toking. The cop didn't check for him being stoned is more likely. What would the cop of done, have him do drunk driving sobriety test? Seems unlikely, but it is possible

Do you know how you check? Take a sniff. Since the cop smelled an odor of pot his nose obviously was working.

The next question is do you smell pot smoke? Do you see a roach in the cupholder? Do you smell it on the suspects breath? Are his eyes glassy?

If the answers are "no" then all you have is simple possession. You don't need a CSI unit to tell you if he was smoking.

PTR

Do you know how you check? Take a sniff. Since the cop smelled an odor of pot his nose obviously was working.

The next question is do you smell pot smoke? Do you see a roach in the cupholder? Do you smell it on the suspects breath? Are his eyes glassy?

If the answers are "no" then all you have is simple possession. You don't need a CSI unit to tell you if he was smoking.

PTR

Are you trying to say the cop smelled the weed itself and not pot smoke? Seriously? That's just not really plausible. If it was in a plastic bag I doubt he smelled the odor green plant.

Are you trying to say the cop smelled the weed itself and not pot smoke? Seriously? That's just not really plausible. If it was in a plastic bag I doubt he smelled the odor green plant.

Obviously you have no recent experience with pot, my friend. A nice strain smells like a pine air freshner, bag zipped or not.

PTR

The facts don't support your position at all. Police officers have better detective skills than you're offering here. Promo is spot on too about smell. There's a huge difference between the smell of the smoke and the smell of the plant. Your lack of experience on the subject is too obvious.

Edited by Luxy312

He's a grand total of two pounds lighter than Kiko. And I don't remember one instance of him getting run over in the preseason so far. Can we stop inventing problems please?

Have you watched the preseason games. Bradham is terrible. He can't stop the run. They run him over in the ground game. When I said he's too light maybe I should have said not strong enough instead. He can't hold up at the point of attack. Watch him in the next game, he's not very good. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his starting job, although the Bills don't have much talent at inside linebacker. He may keep his job by default. :thumbdown:

Edited by thefootballexpert