Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum. He is looking great, and making great reads. I am surprised, pleasently. It is against 3rd stringers and camp fodder but it is great seeing him look like he belongs on an NFL field.

Just want to point out one thing, if you do not mind, starting threads on game day during game - especially when summarizing the game will get a moderator mad at you. But, I cannot blame you. This guy is falling on my radar between Brian Brohm and Frank Reich. It is exciting to be a Bills fan for this game.

Welcome to the forum. He is looking great, and making great reads. I am surprised, pleasently. It is against 3rd stringers and camp fodder but it is great seeing him look like he belongs on an NFL field.

Just want to point out one thing, if you do not mind, starting threads on game day during game - especially when summarizing the game will get a moderator mad at you. But, I cannot blame you. This guy is falling on my radar between Brian Brohm and Frank Reich. It is exciting to be a Bills fan for this game.

Much thanks for the heads up. I'm just beyond pumped with this draft class.

Repeating it here that I have said elsewhere so one day if I am right someone can start a thread saying how smart I was with insight.

If Kolb comes in and does well, we keep him. If Kolb comes back guns'a-blazin' we keep him, maybe start him. If he outplays EJ there is no doubt. However, if Tuel continues to look comfortable taking 2nd team reps then I think it is more valuable to keep 7 WR's with one of them being Brad Smith who I think is likely to otherwise be a top 6 WR. The 7th WR would be more valuable to our future then Kolb could be. That is to say, if we are down to final cuts and finding that Kaufman, Rogers and Smith are all neck and neck then we keep the three. Or maybe Hogan sticks? Maybe PS? That would make our 53 man roster:

SJ13

TJ Graham

RWoods

MGoodwin

Brad Smith

Kaufman

Rogers

Jeff Tuel has perfected the kneel down. Hope he can use that move in the regular season. But why not practice a bomb to Rogers or Kaufman rather than a kneel down ? After that I still have no idea who our 6 WRs will be. Didn't miss Brad Smith today. Easley, Hogan, Rogers, Kaufman, Sampson all looked decent.

Tuel looked great against an unprepared set of 3rd stringers.

As usual your contribution amounts to less than nothing.

In any event... Tuel's footwork and mechanics really jumped out at me today. I was blown away by it, actually. He still is quite the work in progress, but he's not nearly as "raw" as I expected him to be - his drops are just excellent.

Tuel looked great against an unprepared set of 3rd stringers.

Exactly. However he hit receivers in stride and generally looked impressive. To me he looked better than EJ, but EJ was playing against the Indy starters (of course he was playing with the Bills starters as well, which is an advantage).

I saw Tuel early in camp and figured he wouldn't even make the practice squad. I was very pleasantly surprised today.

Can Marrone go with 2 rookie QBs? :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Repeating it here that I have said elsewhere so one day if I am right someone can start a thread saying how smart I was with insight.

If Kolb comes in and does well, we keep him. If Kolb comes back guns'a-blazin' we keep him, maybe start him. If he outplays EJ there is no doubt. However, if Tuel continues to look comfortable taking 2nd team reps then I think it is more valuable to keep 7 WR's with one of them being Brad Smith who I think is likely to otherwise be a top 6 WR. The 7th WR would be more valuable to our future then Kolb could be. That is to say, if we are down to final cuts and finding that Kaufman, Rogers and Smith are all neck and neck then we keep the three. Or maybe Hogan sticks? Maybe PS? That would make our 53 man roster:

SJ13

TJ Graham

RWoods

MGoodwin

Brad Smith

Kaufman

Rogers

I like the idea of keeping a potential star opposed to Kolb. I'm not in support of it but really I'm wondering why Easley is not on your list after today's performance?

I thought he was impressive. Sure he was playing against their scrubs. So we need some perspective. But at the same time, he was playing with "our scrubs" too. The kid has a presence about him and definitely seems to have a grasp of the offense. I think he ran an up tempo, quick hit offense in college too. So this scheme suits him.

Jeff Tuel has perfected the kneel down. Hope he can use that move in the regular season. But why not practice a bomb to Rogers or Kaufman rather than a kneel down ? After that I still have no idea who our 6 WRs will be. Didn't miss Brad Smith today. Easley, Hogan, Rogers, Kaufman, Sampson all looked decent.

It's considered bad form and while we don't see the Colts this season, it's just not worth being a dick to another head coach.