Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was very impressive today. 19-23 212 yds with 2 TD is amazing for playing for the first time against an NFL defense. It definitely makes the QB competition more interesting and I can't wait to see him play against the 1's.

Don't think you will see him run with the ones this season unless there is more injury.

Welcome to the forum. He is looking great, and making great reads. I am surprised, pleasently. It is against 3rd stringers and camp fodder but it is great seeing him look like he belongs on an NFL field.

Just want to point out one thing, if you do not mind, starting threads on game day during game - especially when summarizing the game will get a moderator mad at you. But, I cannot blame you. This guy is falling on my radar between Brian Brohm and Frank Reich. It is exciting to be a Bills fan for this game.

you can say that he played against all them things you want but what if he came in and played bad.

The two throws that jumped out to me were the double-pump deep down the right sideline to Kaufman, and a sharp 20-yard out to the left sideline, I think to Easley.

Those are NFL throws. The TD throw on 4th down I also liked. Just drilled it right in there similar to EJ's TD throw.

I was most impressed by his poise. Super confident, with a lot of poise.

By the way, his fumble was clearly a forward pass too.

That's right it was... I think the refs just wanted to keep the game interesting so the fans wouldn't keep leaving the stadium

I assume the folks in B-town watched local announcer coverage; those of us out of town were stuck with the Indy homey coverage on NFL channel. However, I had to laugh when the Colts play-by-play guy, while thinking that the rule was if the hand/ball started going forward it was a fumble, says that the hand/ball was definitely going forward,only to be reminded by the color commentator that if that was the case, it would be an incomplete pass. Then he quickly changes his tune in accordance with what was good for the Colts.

Gibran Hamdan played well today. Love his potential.

We're going HAM?

wait a minute...

Hammy never had a game near what Tuel did, with the best being 11-13 for 89 yards and no TD's or INT's (completion percentage slightly better, but Tuel had 2 passes dropped) but worse average and no scores. And that was in Hamdan's 7th year (well, technically 5th, as he was out of football for 2 years after his rookie year in 2003).

Edited by Doc

Hammy never had a game near what Tuel did, with the best being 11-13 for 89 yards and no TD's or INT's (completion percentage slightly better, but Tuel had 2 passes dropped) but worse average and no scores. And that was in Hamdan's 7th year (well, technically 5th, as he was out of football for 2 years after his rookie year in 2003).

Haha I just love pulling for 3rd string QB's...

Maybe I've had enough :beer:

But that game just got me rolling! Tuel time!

Trade Tuel for a 1st round pick. We need DB and O line.

Wait is this serious.

I like the idea of keeping a potential star opposed to Kolb. I'm not in support of it but really I'm wondering why Easley is not on your list after today's performance?

missed him. I have copied that post from memory. Originally I had it

1)SJ13

2) Easley

3) TJ Graham

4) Woods

5) Goodwin

6) Smith

7) Rogers

PS: Kaufman.

you can say that he played against all them things you want but what if he came in and played bad.

I had no doubt that he would not come in and play well.

I was most impressed by his poise. Super confident, with a lot of poise.

I agree and also think our Pick 6 should have been down by contact. Really poor officiating considering both were reviewed.

I assume the folks in B-town watched local announcer coverage; those of us out of town were stuck with the Indy homey coverage on NFL channel. However, I had to laugh when the Colts play-by-play guy, while thinking that the rule was if the hand/ball started going forward it was a fumble, says that the hand/ball was definitely going forward,only to be reminded by the color commentator that if that was the case, it would be an incomplete pass. Then he quickly changes his tune in accordance with what was good for the Colts.

That coverage was painful! Congrats, Murph! You're out of the cellar..