Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

He was playing against the Colts 4th stringers. Even during EJ's best drive (the 2 minute TD) was against the Colts 3rd stringers.

I understand that optimism isn't bad, but don't get your hopes up too much. The more you feel up, the further you fall when you realize they aren't as good as you though.

I would like to see this kid against at the very least second stringers. I am not going to get excited about a guy playing against the third stringers and camp fodder of a low level NFL defense. For now its good that he looked good but lets not drum up the cut Kolb bandwagon for a guy beating up on low level competition.

Meh.

He was playing against the Colts 4th stringers. Even during EJ's best drive (the 2 minute TD) was against the Colts 3rd stringers.

I understand that optimism isn't bad, but don't get your hopes up too much. The more you feel up, the further you fall when you realize they aren't as good as you though.

We're still 0-0 ... no doubt, but the team had a great draft and it's nice to see the results. With Spiller entering his prime, the crew of Woods, Goodwin and Manuel gives us a group of skill players that could gell and stay together a long time. I'd say there's reason for excitement. To have Tuel and Rogers look so good, when we didn't even use a pick, makes it even sweeter.

Who else in the league added more young skill talent since the end of last year?

I would like to see this kid against at the very least second stringers. I am not going to get excited about a guy playing against the third stringers and camp fodder of a low level NFL defense. For now its good that he looked good but lets not drum up the cut Kolb bandwagon for a guy beating up on low level competition.

tuels arm over kolbs arm all day everyday.........im mildly excited. such a change at the qb position

Tuel looked great against an unprepared set of 3rd stringers.

For once it wasn't our unprepared 3rd stringers getting torched.

What Tuel and Manuel did running that no huddle offense all game was nothing short of amazing considering that they are both rookies in their first NFL game.

The Colts were the right opponent, they are really not all that good aside from Andrew Luck and a nice receiving corps and once the Bills got past their first string they had a decided physical advantage over Indy's roster.

Repeating it here that I have said elsewhere so one day if I am right someone can start a thread saying how smart I was with insight.

If Kolb comes in and does well, we keep him. If Kolb comes back guns'a-blazin' we keep him, maybe start him. If he outplays EJ there is no doubt. However, if Tuel continues to look comfortable taking 2nd team reps then I think it is more valuable to keep 7 WR's with one of them being Brad Smith who I think is likely to otherwise be a top 6 WR. The 7th WR would be more valuable to our future then Kolb could be. That is to say, if we are down to final cuts and finding that Kaufman, Rogers and Smith are all neck and neck then we keep the three. Or maybe Hogan sticks? Maybe PS? That would make our 53 man roster:

SJ13

TJ Graham

RWoods

MGoodwin

Brad Smith

Kaufman

Rogers

Problem is a kid like hogan or Kaufman isn't near as hard to find as a stable vet qb that can run your full offense if needed, especially mid season. Kolb, though perhaps lower upside, by the very nature of what he's asked to accomplish is more rare. Several kids with good hands that can run will be cut or sent to practice squads.

Problem is a kid like hogan or Kaufman isn't near as hard to find as a stable vet qb that can run your full offense if needed, especially mid season. Kolb, though perhaps lower upside, by the very nature of what he's asked to accomplish is more rare. Several kids with good hands that can run will be cut or sent to practice squads.

And there it is.

We're still 0-0 ... no doubt, but the team had a great draft and it's nice to see the results. With Spiller entering his prime, the crew of Woods, Goodwin and Manuel gives us a group of skill players that could gell and stay together a long time. I'd say there's reason for excitement. To have Tuel and Rogers look so good, when we didn't even use a pick, makes it even sweeter.

Who else in the league added more young skill talent since the end of last year?

Did they have a great draft? Based on what? I'll agree they had a great draft when the drafted players play great in a season.

Did they have a great draft? Based on what?

My opinion, obviously. But it is an informed and considered opinion for what that is worth. I liked the whole draft. I'm a Gragg fan and a Goodwin fan. I liked that they moved back and got Manuel versus reaching up top. They used the extra picks well. And then to clean up that way with UDFAs. I was impressed.

Just my take.

My opinion, obviously. But it is an informed and considered opinion for what that is worth. I liked the whole draft. I'm a Gragg fan and a Goodwin fan. I liked that they moved back and got Manuel versus reaching up top. They used the extra picks well. And then to clean up that way with UDFAs. I was impressed.

Just my take.

My opinion is that value is based on REAL production. Not perceived value. Or college statistics.

Hes got an accurate arm and a good sense of where people are on the field...good sense of flow. There is some potential.

I think that's the point. He really does have some potential. Better physical tools than Kolb.

If you watch the video in the article, check out the ease with which he gets some of those throws downfield. He actually has a bigger arm than you might think.

http://rotobahn.com/blog/scouting-report-jeff-tuel-qb-washington-state/

Might have gotten lucky here.

I think that's the point. He really does have some potential. Better physical tools than Kolb.

If you watch the video in the article, check out the ease with which he gets some of those throws downfield. He actually has a bigger arm than you might think.

http://rotobahn.com/blog/scouting-report-jeff-tuel-qb-washington-state/

Might have gotten lucky here.

It is refreshing to see a Bills QB not have to wind up to throw a ball 50 yards in the air. Fitzy needed the wind up--the proper prevailing winds,a dose of good karma and just the right juju to throw the ball that far. This guys calmly gets it that far without the windup and without the fanfare.His arm seems sufficient.I don't see a rocket there....but who needs a rocket?? Montana didn't have one. unitas had a fairly weak arm.Tark had an avg arm.

The best thing about the Tuel situation is that it shows how effective our new GM's scouting ability is.

OR, the best thing about the Tuel situation is that it shows how effective our new coaching staff's ability is.

His poise is evident if you watch his college fllm too. Tuel should have been drafted. The Bills stole a solid backup for nothing.

Hes got an accurate arm and a good sense of where people are on the field...good sense of flow. There is some potential.

I mentioned this immediately after Tuel was signed and I watched the video highlights someone here posted of him:

(The idiots will take this and run the wrong way with it) but Tuel's throwing mechanics are eerily similar to a certain Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback.

It's actually uncanny.