New Pro Bowl Format Announced

Big C

Only if they can get raise Joe Frazier from the dead and get him back in the swimming pool. I laughed but also felt so bad for him.

What we really need is to replace it with Battle of the Network Stars. Where else can you hear Howard Cosell yelling "And it's Lou Ferrigno coming up on on Scott Baio!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_EFx0ce5EE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted it's unlikely, but how will it end up going over if a guy ends up giving his regular season teammate a 'season-ending' sort of injury?

Not that I'd wish injury on anyone, but in a schadenfreude sort of way it might be entertaining to see a Cheatriot* break another Cheatriot*. Though with Buffalo's luck, it'll be the 1st time in forever that the Bills end up with multiple Pro Bowlers and then Gilmore breaks Stevie's collar bone. :doh:

They really need to figure out a way to make the game "matter".

They don't, its a glorified exhibition game no need to try to add some fake legitimacy. Even if you wanted to make the game matter what would you do? What would you attach to it that would make a difference? The players go through a full training camp, preseason, 16 regular season games, and playoff games. Why would they want to go all out during the pro-bowl? Why risk the injury why put your body one more game?

Just make it a complete exhibition for the the bye week of the superbowl.

By that time of the year I'm watching college hoops the week in between the conference championships and the Super Bowl anyway. the pro bowl needs to go way of the Dinosaurs....Also no kickoffs and the teams start at the 25? Sounds like the NFL is experimenting. That always worries me, as we know they want to eliminate kickoffs from the game already.

Just fill the stadium with sand, put the players barefoot, and play a flag football game. Seriously, I think it would be pretty fun to watch Tom Brady play linebacker, and Brian Moorman be a safety. Also, why not a hot dog eating contest? Or Kanjam tournament... Dodgeball tournament... Ping Pong tournament... Home run contest? Let the players go out and just have fun with it....

» Stopping of the Game Clock: Beginning at the two-minute mark of every quarter, if the offense does not gain at least one yard, the clock will stop as if the play were an incomplete pass. This rule will make the team with the ball attempt to gain yardage toward the end of each quarter.

I actually like this one. I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented during the regular season with the obvious exception of it should only be at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Matters not IMO. I have no incentive to watch the Pro Bowl. It's simply a non-event with zero appeal for me.

just shut it down. have the old timers touch football game in the sand and a pool party instead.. TV will love all the interviews they would get from that

This game will never be good. Will never matter. Will never be interesting. Short of Chefs idea to get them all wasted, there's no good way to play this game.

Just a bounce the pro bowlers. At the end of the season, fly them all to Hawaii and have a giant pig roast and banquet. Have these guys sign autographs and play in fun non-athletic games. Maybe do some challenges and stuff. Like the QB challenge, WR challenge. Stuff like that. It's the only thing people care about anyway. Nobody watches this dumb game.

I think the League is just messing with the players and the NFLPA at this point. Like, "and let's have some old timers...hmmmm, how about Rice and Deion...."draft" teams. And no kickoffs, you just start at the 25, like a scrimmage. And we'll make them pass the ball on short down situations or they have to do the play over...or...."

I'm sure some group of league officials were rolling around on the ground coming up with these "upgrades" to the game, but were able to compose themselves in time for the serious announcement of all this momentous news.

NFL v. players is cat v. ball of yarn.

Wanna make the Pro Bowl intersting again?

It's simple.

Bring back the skills competition.

Wanna take it a step further?

Bring back HOF/Retired player skills competition

CBF

The skills competition should be the focal point of the Pro Bowl with the AFC competing against the NFC to win a majority of the available points. You simply cannot play football half assed and half speed. Basketball, hockey, baseball, are all fine for an all-star game as you can ease up while still playing fast. No way to do that in football.

Oscar-type show in an exotic location, preferably Niagara Falls. Include 3 nominees per position (you must be present in order to win, but NFL pays their way to the show)--one chosen by fans, one chosen by players, and one chosen by coaches except Belichick. Name the winner "live". Winner gets made into a wax statue for Tussaud's. The losers must race Wallenda-style across the falls. Winner of that gets his head made into a Jello mold which is auctioned off on eBay.

This can work.