The 2013 Training Camp Thread

Heitz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain should clear up by tonight, no?

It is raining here now so maybe it got here early. You never know around here so I'd bring something in case it does.

Belichick was happy for the rain at his camp. Chance to practice in crappy conditions. Lets get at it (although it slightly increases the risk of injury).

Both fields are turf plus except for RBs and WRs sprinting and cutting no one really goes too hard during these practices (at least in previous years). A lot of the time is spent on half speed walk throughs and drills.

Going through the pics the OP linked, I suggest Cordy Glenn hire a fashion consultant...

Those pics really show how young the team is...

Wiz - thanks for the link, there goes THAT 45 minutes. :D

Let's hope that Marrone's quote about "the future being now" means that we'll see EJ at the start of the season! Guess it's really just up to EJ...

Edited by Heitz

So I'm going to go ahead and set the over/under number of threads merged into this one at 49

But MY thread addresses a specific camp aspect and will be lost in the main thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great. This will be up to 150 pages of assorted garbage by the time training camp is over. Meanwhile anyone who tries to develop a competing thread will be scolded by the "Thread Police".

Maybe we could have a new Camp thread each week. That way the overall post count won't be quite so daunting for those who feel compelled to read each and every posted nugget of wisdom, wit, and incomparable insight provided by "the most football knowledgeable fans in the NFL".

The other favorable to having a single new Camp thread for each week is the injury reports on Mondays of the posters who broke or sprained their fingers, wrist, elbow, or wrenched their sacroiliac in their attempts to start the official Camp thread of the new week. Those stories could be lumped together in their own thread, you know - it'd kinda be like Last Post Wins.

Maybe we could have a new Camp thread each week. That way the overall post count won't be quite so daunting for those who feel compelled to read each and every posted nugget of wisdom, wit, and incomparable insight provided by "the most football knowledgeable fans in the NFL".

The other favorable to having a single new Camp thread for each week is the injury reports on Mondays of the posters who broke or sprained their fingers, wrist, elbow, or wrenched their sacroiliac in their attempts to start the official Camp thread of the new week. Those stories could be lumped together in their own thread, you know - it'd kinda be like Last Post Wins.

Capital suggestion, young man! Plus, we'd know where we want to go to find a specific topic from Camp.

Looking forward to you thread this week! ; )

So was Zack Thomas and he turned out alright.

But remember Zach was a fire hydrant.

He was short but he was thickly-built.

Physically the guy most similar to Kiko that I can think of is Bill Romanowski.

They're about the same height/weight and the same longer build than most LBs. As most of us remember, Romanowski was an all-around 3-down linebacker who was very good in coverage as well as in run defense. He also could get to the QB a bit but really wasn't used that way.

Like the other two, Urlacher is also 6'4" but he played at around 260 pounds.

Of course Romanowski was probably doing PEDs up the ying yang.

I'm a fan of the Caldwell signing. Could be a really nice depth move. Legursky/Caldwell at LG with the loser of the competition being the swing guard.

Also creates more depth behind Wood in case of injury. With Caldwell and Legursky both having experience at C, Urbik could likely stay at RG if Wood were out.

But remember Zach was a fire hydrant.

He was short but he was thickly-built.

Physically the guy most similar to Kiko that I can think of is Bill Romanowski.

They're about the same height/weight and the same longer build than most LBs. As most of us remember, Romanowski was an all-around 3-down linebacker who was very good in coverage as well as in run defense. He also could get to the QB a bit but really wasn't used that way.

Like the other two, Urlacher is also 6'4" but he played at around 260 pounds.

Of course Romanowski was probably doing PEDs up the ying yang.

Bringing it a bit closer to home, Talley was listed at 6'4" 235 lbs and Bennett 6'3" 240, and while it was a bit of a different game in the late 80s early 90s, it wasn't that different.

This is a good idea.

The complete merging of any post about camp drives me crazy - it's like my wife's "this can go into a smaller container" obsession.