question to C81: regarding inference i'm a shill

will C81 change your name to "timmy wawrow" or "john graham" on here is really the only question i have for this thread.

seriously though, i understand its your profession and not just casual talk like it is for the rest of us. hopefully others can try to keep that in mind. i think its a fair request from your side.... even if i made a tim graham joke about the call out nature of the thread. i make jokes in uncomfortable moments. sue me.

Edited by NoSaint

i took offense to PTR calling me a shill in the first place. and PTR has since apologized. which is OK with me. accepted.

in the heat of discussions, some people do wind up saying some things half-cocked. i've been guilty of that at times.

but to have a Global Moderator come out and infer the same accusation crosses the line for me. they should be held to a higher standard in my opinion.

jw

but to have a Global Moderator come out and infer the same accusation crosses the line for me. they should be held to a higher standard in my opinion.

jw

yeah, good luck with that. I was suspended for a week last year for "abusive behavior" (read: disagreeing with a mod).

But, what is the point of this thread?

And why do you care what someone on a message board thinks of you?

I'm not going to let this lie, having a global moderator, Chandler81, inferring that I'm a shill.

sorry, didn't have a question. guess it's more of a statement.

jw

John, Toughen up. Sometimes the muck gets unfairly thrown. The discourse on this board is in general reasonable; sometimes it is not. This is not a location where one's honor has to be upheld. If someone is out of bounds you can either ignore it or punch back.

Anyone who is a regular poster who has a contrarian view (doesn't uphold the company line) of this bumbling organization will be responded to as if they are a traitor. At times I have had my nuts kicked in for expressing my view. That is the nature of environment.

Whether I agree or not with your viewpoint I always consider it. It is usually fair minded and it comes with healthy skeptical eye that a company public relations office doesn't appreciate. Let me offer you some unsolicited advice: ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDRUM

P.S. Being sanctioned by a moderator for an inexplicable offense is a common occurrence. I, as many others. have been subjected to such discipline.

Edited by JohnC

here's the links:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158862-byrd-skipping-mandatory-mini-camp/page__st__1220?do=findComment&comment=2847388

http://forums.twobil...40#entry2847498

just redid this post. PTR's post is first, followed a page later by Chandler#81.

as for this thread, i'm one of the few non-anonymous posters on this board as far as i know, thus my reputation is being put in question here. it's one thing to have PTR call me that, or any other board member. i've been called worse.

but to have a moderator chime in and essentially agree with that remark bumps it up to another level.

in my belief, this is not moderation but jumping on the pile and thus opening the door for others to suggest the same. heck, if a moderator can say it, then anyone can. ... that does not fly with me especially when it comes to this insinuation.

jw

(Edited to add PTR's original post)

Edited by john wawrow

Oh sweet jeepers, here we go again.

In the words of that great humanitarian, Rodney King - can't we all just get along?

I can't stand this off season. It's going on interminably without substantive information about anything of consequence. It's led to the guppies eating their young... and now worse.

John, Toughen up. Sometimes the muck gets unfairly thrown. The discourse on this board is in general reasonable; sometimes it is not. This is not a location where one's honor has to be upheld. If someone is out of bounds you can either ignore it or punch back.

Anyone who is a regular poster who has a contrarian view (doesn't uphold the company line) of this bumbling organization will be responded to as if they are a traitor. At times I have had my nuts kicked in for expressing my view. That is the nature of environment.

Whether I agree or not with your viewpoint I always consider it. It is usually fair minded and it comes with healthy skeptical eye that a company public relations office doesn't appreciate. Let me offer you some unsolicited advice: ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDRUM

P.S. Being sanctioned by a moderator for an inexplicable offense is a common occurrence. I, as many others. have been subjected to such discipline.

again, it's one thing for you or another poster to make this accusation. it's another, in my mind, to have it sanctioned and backed up by a moderator.

jw

There are some team shills on this board who make Chris Brown look tame.

And there are others who are beyond repulsive in their continual backbiting and gainsaying of any and every move the FO and coaching staff does. I for one, can live with never hearing another death wish for Ralph.

I have found myself to disagree with John Wawrow a lot on here, but I give him tremendous respect for realizing that the way sports reporting works has changed and for being on here and engaging with people. There is a lot of Buffalo media that I won't read or listen to, but I will read John's articles because he is here.

It's likely better to message the mod, but I can understand his disdain for a having a moderator make the comment.

I think if you're a beat writer and you're going to post on a fan message board using your true identity, you better have pretty thick skin.

Hope this doesn't drive you away, jw, because I do enjoy reading your perspective when it's not in "article" form -- regardless of whether or not I agree. It's kind of cool you will debate back and forth.

Cheers.

again, it's one thing for you or another poster to make this accusation. it's another, in my mind, to have it sanctioned and backed up by a moderator.

jw

last season I received a warning point because I "claimed Lee Evans was a liar" when I never actually said anything of the sort. IMO it was a shot across my nose for believing he was never really a good WR.

Take it for what it is I guess. I know it's a different situation but at the time I was extremely passed that I received a warning point for something I never even said.

I think if you're a beat writer and you're going to post on a fan message board using your true identity, you better have pretty thick skin.

Hope this doesn't drive you away, jw, because I do enjoy reading your perspective when it's not in "article" form -- regardless of whether or not I agree. It's kind of cool you will debate back and forth.

Cheers.

ill agree with this. Well said, and thank you in advance JW.

jw

You are giving way to much authorityand credibility to a moderator on this board. Your reputation is not being sullied by a moderator from this board. If your editor calls you for a stern talking to then that is a different issue. I'm sure you are a participant on twitter. How many times has your sanity been questiioned in that venue?

I want it understood that I appreciate the efforts of the moderators. They volunteer their time to keep things conducted at a reasonable level. In general they do a good job, even when they sanction me.

What good is having your honor restored if the masses don't know it's restored?

What good is your honor if it can be taken away by the mere utterance of the word shill by an internet moderator?

Edited by Jauronimo

I agree...he called you out he should either apologize here or if he feels like he's right, defend his position here. I got 'yelled at' a few years ago for questioning someone but I had emails to back up my statements and said as much. Just because u are a 'name' doesn't insulate you from being taken to task, but if you do get taken, the other party better be prepared to stand their ground or do a mea culpa if its warranted.

i'd rather have this settled out in the open. this is a community board, no? given that the comment was made on this board, i'd rather hear a moderator's response as to whether it was appropriate or nowt

jw

so i should accept it and understand that it's open season for me on this board. no point having moderators then, no?

jw

Is it open season for you anymore than it is for me? Beerball calls me a bed wetting, momma's boy every morning when I log in and every night before I log out.

I can't think of worse way to get what you're after than a public shaming.

Is it open season for you anymore than it is for me? Beerball calls me a bed wetting, momma's boy every morning when I log in and every night before I log out.

I can't think of worse way to get what you're after than a public shaming.

i don't know who you are or what you do for a living. and i'm not asking you to reveal it.

jw

i don't know who you are or what you do for a living. and i'm not asking you to reveal it.

jw

If its your reputation you're worried about then calling attention to the idea and starting a thread where all are free to discuss the merits of Chandler's comments seems counter productive.

'jw', starting a 'hurt feeling' thread about a second person inferred reference to your highly opinionated, drenched in negativity post and radio discussion comes as no surprise, given how often you reveal your 'thin skin' here. Typically, I avoid your posts and threads like the plague, as I think you're both a terrible sports writer and despicable conversationalist. But that's just my assessment. What you either fail to realize, or are lamely trying to capitalize on is -for better or worse- you are actually 2 different posters here under the same moniker. As a sports journalist who 'appears' generous enough to share his professional insights on TBD, it should and would be an honor to interact with you. Especially so, given the ghost of Lori hanging over you.

The thing with you, though, is you bring 'JW' into the mix. A character I consider to be a snide, self-righteous blowhard, willing to go 'dukes up' with anyone who challenges your biting opinions. It's my opinion, 'JW' is just a grenade thrower with no Kevlar.

I can separate the two. It doesn't appear you can, or choose to.

To the OP, I won't, in good conscience, apologize for agreeing with another person's assessment of your 1st tirade.

You can have the last word. I'm out.

regardless, we can all agree that Sullivan, Gleason and Harrington are horrible excuses for journalists.

'jw', starting a 'hurt feeling' thread about a second person inferred reference to your highly opinionated, drenched in negativity post and radio discussion comes as no surprise, given how often you reveal your 'thin skin' here. Typically, I avoid your posts and threads like the plague, as I think you're both a terrible sports writer and despicable conversationalist. But that's just my assessment. What you either fail to realize, or are lamely trying to capitalize on is -for better or worse- you are actually 2 different posters here under the same moniker. As a sports journalist who 'appears' generous enough to share his professional insights on TBD, it should and would be an honor to interact with you. Especially so, given the ghost of Lori hanging over you.

The thing with you, though, is you bring 'JW' into the mix. A character I consider to be a snide, self-righteous blowhard, willing to go 'dukes up' with anyone who challenges your biting opinions. It's my opinion, 'JW' is just a grenade thrower with no Kevlar.

To the OP, I won't, in good conscience, apologize for agreeing with another person's assessment of your 1st tirade.

The hammer has been offically dropped.

Shots fired. I'm gonna go make some popcorn

speaking of thinskinned hacks, your assessment of my so-called tirade is curious given that i was asked to explain what i had stated on the radio. it was not made with the intention to create ill will. it was simply my take on the situation, one that i shared on Twitter the night before and was asked to share it once again on WGR.

that you took at as being mean-spirited and, perhaps, somehow, directed at you is essentially the pot calling the kettle black in regards to being thin-skinned.

evidently, your idea of moderation is using a sledge hammer, having no patience and holding grudges. i can certainly be accused of having similar qualities, but then again, i'm not a moderator but a mere member of this board.

you, sir, have instead shown your true colors by bringing up vague references to posters and moderators past, perhaps others with which you held grudges and appear to be glad their gone. i guess, you won't have it your way until all of us "Lori-philes" have been rid of this board. nice to have such an open-minded moderator on board.

i'm not lamely or unlamely attempting to capitalize on anything. i'm mere bringing up a point of decorum.

you seem to revel in your own opinionated self. good for you. i won't hold that against you.

but it's evident that you have to at some point choose to either be a mere member of this board or a moderator because it's quite evident you're not cut out for one of those jobs.

but that's just the shill in me talking.

jw

and as for you being "out," i could only hope and pray it to be so.

Edited by john wawrow