Are You Excited About The New Bills ?

Owen

This off season got off to a good start when Ralph Wilson gave complete control to Russ Brandon. No more looking over your shoulder in the front office. The Buck now stops with Russ Brandon. Russ ran a great front office before this. He is well respected around the league. NOW he is in complete control and you are as strong as the leader at the top. The football side of the operation has been weak and we all know it. Buddy did a nice job in the short time while the GM and improved the team, but now we have new blood at the top. They have made great moves. The front office looks set with quality people running the show. The Bills look the same as how Pittsburgh built their club. Bills now have a exciting coach and staff. The draft was well done. If E.J. Emanuel succeeds this will be a outstanding draft. A lot hinges on how well he preforms. They could be a playoff team this year if all goes well. You have to be excited going into the season... if you are a real Bills fan... It's looking a hellva lot better this year than in past years... You have to believe.......

I am a real Bills fan, and I am in now way jumping for joy yet. Preseason hype with no results no longer gets me excited. Nix is gone, and I have yet to see the baby...

Couldn't have said it any better.

I'm always ecstatic prior to the start of the season...hope reality doesn't set in following week 1 this year. 15 years ago who would have thought we would remember the Wade Phillips era as "the good old days"

Edited by Steve O

I expect an exciting offense, and an aggressive defense. For that I am excited.

But I have no expectations of a lot of Ws. Last year's team in the offseason looked hella good...and we were terrible. Complete coaching overhaul, new systems on both sides, a lot of rookies, likely a lot of mistakes...likely a similar record.

But yeah, I am excited. I was last year too. I've learned, as most here have, to temper expectations after 13 years of drought.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

i am absolutely excited. but, i am not expecting a deep playoff run this year. i am expecting to see a new attitude overall for this team, and i am expecting to see some leaders emerge. i am also expecting a healthy dose of growing pains to go along with some flashes of talent this year. regardless of record, i think we, as bills fans, will be entertained and should feel a bit better about the future.

I want to be, but I'm not. We go through this every handful of years. New coaches, a new QB, exciting new system that'll solve all our problems, etc. Same damned record.

I do like that we seem to have gotten a younger and more exciting coach. I like our QB prospect, as well.

But... Show me the baby.

I guess you could say I'm more curious than I am excited.

This off season got off to a good start when Ralph Wilson gave complete control to Russ Brandon. No more looking over your shoulder in the front office. The Buck now stops with Russ Brandon. Russ ran a great front office before this. He is well respected around the league. NOW he is in complete control and you are as strong as the leader at the top. The football side of the operation has been weak and we all know it. Buddy did a nice job in the short time while the GM and improved the team, but now we have new blood at the top. They have made great moves. The front office looks set with quality people running the show. The Bills look the same as how Pittsburgh built their club. Bills now have a exciting coach and staff. The draft was well done. If E.J. Emanuel succeeds this will be a outstanding draft. A lot hinges on how well he preforms. They could be a playoff team this year if all goes well. You have to be excited going into the season... if you are a real Bills fan... It's looking a hellva lot better this year than in past years... You have to believe.......

:thumbsup: I agree.

Nothing of any real substance has happened yet so of course it's "wait and see" time. Really it's "wait and see" until January.

PTR

I have to disagree. I think since January a lot of substantial events have occurred. If this were the same old Bills, Buddy would still be the GM, Lovie Smith would be the coach. They would have drafted a CB or LB with the 8th pick and taken a QB in the 3rd round.

Well I've had my morning glass of kool-aid... So yeah I'm pretty optimistic about this season. Yes there's a complete overhaul all around. I think they did a bang up job in the draft, we added a lot of potential talent to which I don't think will take as long to develop... In the interview with EJ about the new offense sounds promising, said its easier to pick up than what he had at FSU. So it may be a possibility we may see him week 1. The WRs we picked up, still blows my mind. Woods, the most NFL ready WR in the draft. Rogers, an amazing steal, seems humbled by the consequences of his actions, can be a complete beast. TJ and Goodwin stretching the field with a QB that can make the throws. Oh and that's not even mentioning our incredible backfield in CJ and FJ!!

Now there's the issue of all the newness. All the rookies, new offensive and defensive systems. This could go either way, especially in our first game... There's no film, how can they prepare? Look at old SU film? The offense is new, the defense is tailored to our personnel by a proven DC. We'll catch some off guard this season, this isn't the read, react, and get run over we saw last year. The rookies, well Doug turning around a dismal college program and turning them into bowl contenders has to say something about developing young talent, and his OC came too.

It could still go either way, but I truly billieve that this will be a better year

My prediction? .500 or above and at least in the running for a WC spot whether they make it or not

While much apparently positive is going on at OBD, & as much as I feel good about it, so far it's all "on paper."So I think I'll wait awhile before going into stark raving fan mode. Last year has left a very bad taste.