Mario Williams: no love for

as a few have pointed out its not a huge portion of his income, and we really dont know what Mario himself spends, vs what he was doing just for the relationship. he got the girl an expensive ring and let her have a credit card. the grand total of the entire package was still just one game check. an expensive lesson, but if hes generally not crazy with his money otherwise, itll effect him about as much as you going on vacation with the family this year.

the writer amazingly quickly assumes he will only see half the bills money, ignores the full $50+ million he received from the texans already, any marketing dollars, the possibility of investments gone well, etc... and has him in an alley next to a trash can fire in 10 years based on a single ring, and a girl run amok with a credit card. if he leaves buffalo with the absolute minimum possible and never plays again after hes cashed in on over 100m from football paychecks alone.

It ain't what you make....it's what you keep.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario spending $758k on a wedding ring is like any of us making $100k spending 10% of one year's salary on one. I don't think Mario is in the wrong trying to get this ring back, problem is his girl probably already converted this to cash. Hopefully Mario can learn from his mistakes and never make the same one twice.

Mario spending $758k on a wedding ring is like any of us making $100k spending 10% of one year's salary on one. I don't think Mario is in the wrong trying to get this ring back, problem is his girl probably already converted this to cash. Hopefully Mario can learn from his mistakes and never make the same one twice.

its a little different, as our salaries are likely good for 40 years, and his is 10-15. thats what normally kills these guys. they forget what a small window it can be.

but ultimately, we still know nothing much about his spending habits. just that he bought one expensive, and once in a lifetime piece of jewelry to propose with.

heck, his house is only 2m which isnt bad for an athlete, for instance.

its a little different, as our salaries are likely good for 40 years, and his is 10-15. thats what normally kills these guys. they forget what a small window it can be.

but ultimately, we still know nothing much about his spending habits. just that he bought one expensive, and once in a lifetime piece of jewelry to propose with.

heck, his house is only 2m which isnt bad for an athlete, for instance.

Except a 2m house in Buffalo could be 10m in a big city. ;)

My mother had an awesome house on Bryant St and Elmwood that we sold for $110,000 or something a few years ago. That house in a similarly attractive funky neighborhood in LA would have been about 3 million. ;)

as a few have pointed out its not a huge portion of his income, and we really dont know what Mario himself spends, vs what he was doing just for the relationship. he got the girl an expensive ring and let her have a credit card. the grand total of the entire package was still just one game check. an expensive lesson, but if hes generally not crazy with his money otherwise, itll effect him about as much as you going on vacation with the family this year.

the writer amazingly quickly assumes he will only see half the bills money, ignores the full $50+ million he received from the texans already, any marketing dollars, the possibility of investments gone well, etc... and has him in an alley next to a trash can fire in 10 years based on a single ring, and a girl run amok with a credit card. if he leaves buffalo with the absolute minimum possible and never plays again after hes cashed in on over 100m from football paychecks alone.

This.

Mario doesnt seem like a guy that makes it rain and pops bottles. Im sure he's spent/partied away more than any of us could ever imagine, but remembering he was more concerned with the local hunting than the nightlife bodes well for his long-term stability.

As you mentioned, he's already made $50million. Even if he has squandered all of that already, he's set to make at least that much all over again.

honestly, it really rubbed me the wrong way how the writer seemed to take immense pleasure in the fact that the dudes fiance got paid and took off.

were marios choices financially smart? no.... but how many people all over the world make dumb choices for love? he just had a lot more disposable income.

Schadenfreude. There is plenty of it here on a daily basis.

honestly, it really rubbed me the wrong way how the writer seemed to take immense pleasure in the fact that the dudes fiance got paid and took off.

were marios choices financially smart? no.... but how many people all over the world make dumb choices for love? he just had a lot more disposable income.

100% agree...

Did not like the tone of that article whatsoever...And if you knew nothing about Football, and just read that article, you would think Williams stunk-out-loud on the field last year...And we all know that was not the case. Especially after the wrist healed... B-)

Gold digger 101, when the gravy train ends...cash out the assets. Mario has learned a lesson that many men have suffered through. Sucks but true. I am still pissed that I got screwed out my autographed Animal House script (majority of the cast) by a sticky fingered ex girlfriend. Life goes on.

I am more worried about his commute for the upcoming season. It says that he bought a 2 million dollar house in Aurora? Huh? Should that read EAST Aurora. Isn't Aurora, New York on Cayuga Lake? That is one hell of a commute, especially when the snow flies in November... ;-) ;-)

Gold digger 101, when the gravy train ends...cash out the assets. Mario has learned a lesson that many men have suffered through. Sucks but true. I am still pissed that I got screwed out my autographed Animal House script (majority of the cast) by a sticky fingered ex girlfriend. Life goes on.

YEP. Think of it as a blessing... Would have been worse if he married her and then had to pony up after the divorce...

How is she a gold digger when she left him? Not like the gravy train had ended. If anything it was just beginning?

Lot of assuming going on here on both sides. Looks like a regular break up so far, just that some of their financials are at a higher scale than most of us common folk are used to.

How is she a gold digger when she left him? Not like the gravy train had ended. If anything it was just beginning?

Lot of assuming going on here on both sides. Looks like a regular break up so far, just that some of their financials are at a higher scale than most of us common folk are used to.

Odds are this is true.

It could just as easily be she found out about a girl on the side and decided to make him pay. I'm not trying to portray a saint by sticking up for him. Just don't see a reason to tear him down either and the article was brutal in that regard.

Edited by NoSaint

100% agree...

Did not like the tone of that article whatsoever...And if you knew nothing about Football, and just read that article, you would think Williams stunk-out-loud on the field last year...And we all know that was not the case. Especially after the wrist healed... B-)

I agree as well.

From the article I linked and quoted, way back early in this thread:

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9091798

"Court records say the "defendant never intended to marry plaintiff and used the relationship as a means to get to plaintiff's money and acquire gifts."

Williams also alleges he purchased more than $230,000 in luxury items for his former fiancée and also gave her a credit card where he claims she charged more than $108,000 in less than a year."

If the underlined part doesn't define her as a "gold-digger" I may be unclear of the concept. Of course, as you point out, that is just Mario's side of the story.

Either way, as a few have pointed out, it really isn't a lot of our business...

If the underlined part doesn't define her as a "gold-digger" I may be unclear of the concept. Of course, as you point out, that is just Mario's side of the story.

Either way, as a few have pointed out, it really isn't a lot of our business...

Ahh, thanks, missed that, sorry. At the same time, court papers allege lots of things. Yeah, Im with you, moving on...