Mario Williams: no love for

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say I'm surprised somewhat. Mario gave the impression he's smarter than this and more responsible.

I guess not..

Where was the serious transgression? Plenty of people get engaged only to have it fall apart later on.

Apparently she didnt like Buffalo as much as she thought she would? Didn't a lot of the pre-signing delay have to do with getting her into town?

Maybe the break-up also had an effect on his play?

I have to say Yes and Yes. Bottom line if Texas law cover this then the b$#@$ needs to give the damn ring back.

It's the best $785K he'll ever lose...not to marry that hoe. By the way, his $785K was about 3% of his guaranteed signing bonus ($24.9M), so i guess that works out to the equivalent of about $1,500 for the average "joe" making $50K per year.

What a horrible article. No mention of the cop cars he bought for Houston with his own money. Or the charity he gives to and works with.

honestly, it really rubbed me the wrong way how the writer seemed to take immense pleasure in the fact that the dudes fiance got paid and took off.

were marios choices financially smart? no.... but how many people all over the world make dumb choices for love? he just had a lot more disposable income.

It's the best $785K he'll ever lose...not to marry that hoe. By the way, his $785K was about 3% of his guaranteed signing bonus ($24.9M), so i guess that works out to the equivalent of about $1,500 for the average "joe" making $50K per year.

Another way to do the math is: I believe the old "Ring Rule" is 2-months salary, correct? His base salary was $5.9mil, or about $500k/month (spread out over an entire year like a normal person). So $750k-$1mil is not out of range there.

Another way to do the math is: I believe the old "Ring Rule" is 2-months salary, correct? His base salary was $5.9mil, or about $500k/month (spread out over an entire year like a normal person). So $750k-$1mil is not out of range there.

Then by that math he should just chalk it up as a loss

A little Fargo like wood chipper action...

This goes to show how big money distorts perspective and how easy it is for these guys to go through it like candy.

It is no wonder that some big name and big dollar ball players end up broke.

I don't know why any of these guys get married in the first place, unless its a high school sweetheart type deal where they've known each other forever, since way before anyone in the relationship got rich and famous.

Not the 1st guy to exercise poor judgement when it pertains to women. I'll give him a pass.

Yeah, I truely don't care and I probably just cant get my head around this kind of $$, given my own humble existence. But at this rate of expenditure, it's hard to see him comfortable the rest of his days -for the price he's paying and being rewarded for, to play pro ball.

Yeah, I truely don't care and I probably just cant get my head around this kind of $$, given my own humble existence. But at this rate of expenditure, it's hard to see him comfortable the rest of his days -for the price he's paying and being rewarded for, to play pro ball.

As in the ESPN 30for30 episode entitled "Broke". This definitely does not bode well of his long term financial security with that kind of conspicuous consumption.

Lesson not learned.

It's a matter of principal, you gotta to after the chick! Get that ring back.

As in the ESPN 30for30 episode entitled "Broke". This definitely does not bode well of his long term financial security with that kind of conspicuous consumption.

Lesson not learned.

Agreed. It is a ton of money but these guys think they can just burn through it then whine and cry screaming disability and the NFL owes them...

Lesson not learned.

as a few have pointed out its not a huge portion of his income, and we really dont know what Mario himself spends, vs what he was doing just for the relationship. he got the girl an expensive ring and let her have a credit card. the grand total of the entire package was still just one game check. an expensive lesson, but if hes generally not crazy with his money otherwise, itll effect him about as much as you going on vacation with the family this year.

the writer amazingly quickly assumes he will only see half the bills money, ignores the full $50+ million he received from the texans already, any marketing dollars, the possibility of investments gone well, etc... and has him in an alley next to a trash can fire in 10 years based on a single ring, and a girl run amok with a credit card. if he leaves buffalo with the absolute minimum possible and never plays again after hes cashed in on over 100m from football paychecks alone.

Edited by NoSaint