Tyler Bray's father has some choice words

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made a colossal mistake by not staying in but going to KC sitting behind Alex Smith and coached by Andy Reid should be ideal, Hopefully not getting drafted will knock him down a peg or two and get his attitude in the right place.

KCs QB situation is how I envisioned ours but whatcha gonna do.

He made a colossal mistake by not staying in but going to KC sitting behind Alex Smith and coached by Andy Reid should be ideal, Hopefully not getting drafted will knock him down a peg or two and get his attitude in the right place.

WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!

Best quote in this piece:

'You want him now, but you didn't want him in the draft?' I know I'm his parent, but I don't see how 11 quarterbacks get picked, and the best quarterback physically is not picked."

Maybe if your son wasnt such a C*%KHOLE he would have been drafted. He must have learned his baby BS from his father.

Better for him that his father said this though. He can come out and state that it wasnt from him. Geno Smith in the other hand is screwed forever because he's a whining B^%#H!!!

I really liked Bray mainly bc of his arm and that he put up some decent numbers playing in the SEC vs some pretty good defenses.

I was surprised he didn't get drafted but if he ever gets a chance to play he will prob look good in Reid's system who will prob turn around and get a second round pick for him like he did AJ Feely and Kolb

How is it a collassal mistake to get paid 7 figures next year and be learning on an nfl roster? If the kids has it he'll get paid eventually anyway. There's no big rookie deals anymore.

Maybe the GMs of the NFL are finally getting smarter -- this year is replete with evidence of guys falling farther down the board (or out of the draft completely) because of concerns about leadership, character, smarts...

And then conversely, a relatively under-the-radar guy like Manuel shoots up because he wows the Bills with all of the above (and the physical tools don't hurt).

How is it a collassal mistake to get paid 7 figures next year and be learning on an nfl roster? If the kids has it he'll get paid eventually anyway. There's no big rookie deals anymore.

it won't be near 7 figures, bet he makes less than 500k... but still, who knows what his new college coach would be like? he certainly wasn't developing his skills much as it was and maybe the new guy would mess him up more, so impossible to say what he should have done. at least in NFL you know you'll get solid coaching. where staying might have helped though is simply maturing, and proving to teams you aren't a brat.

as a parent, i would hope i would react the exact same way, i didn't see anything wrong with it...but i am glad we went with Manuel

You guys are being hard on Mr. Bray. What did you expect him to say?? I didn't think it was jerky at all.

I like the Bills situation much better. Smith MAY be better than Kolb, but is a stop gap answer at best. In Manuel, the Bills got a player who is much more ready to play, smarter, more mature, and more coachable by all accounts. Time will tell, but my belief is that Manuel will prove to be a better NFL QB than Bray, and much sooner despite the "brilliance" of Andy Reid's coaching. I suspect KC will be QB shopping for real next year.

i really liked the physical tools bray has, i however didn't like that he was a tool. his dad is allowed to get frustrated with it. that's part of a parents job, so of course he thinks his son is the best qb ever.

I was surprised he didn't go in round 2. As far as his fathers comments, 1) those were not Tylers words 2) sounds like his dad was only trying to rectify the situation in his own way. He is a gun slinger type QB. Always exciting to watch them. It's really to bad stuff like this happens, but it gives people something to scoff at. I wouldn't trust Pittsburgh is the important lesson here. GO BILLS

I watched Bray through his time at Tennessee and was surprised he was being talked up as much as he was. He had two possible pro bowl receivers and never did amount to much in the win/loss column over time. Maybe he will grow into a mature leader, but he didn't show much of it in college. That being said because of his physical talents I'd have been interested in him in free agency or in the last round of the draft. He must have really shown some low-life behavior to not get ANY nibbles.

I think the Steelers telling Bray that they were going to draft him was only a smokescreen to get Landry Jones' dad on board.

Bray's best bet is by far at KC anyway, They have a shaky starter and crappy back-up and a head coach not afraid to pull a QB. He'll make the 400K or so that is the minimum this year and continue to be an overly cocky project.

OMG! This kid was blatantly LIED to by not just one - but TWO NFL clubs.

There must be some sort of legal recourse he has. He was LIED to, fer cripes sakes!

What... no love for the kid and his victimhood? No?

None here either.