Would Brady have been as good...

If he was a 1st or second round pick? I was watching the Brady six not to long ago and was wondering.... If his motivation was to ease his parents pain on draft day and prove all the people wrong that didnt draft him until round 6, would he have had the same fire being a 1st or second round pick?

Discuss!

People would have expected more from him if he went in the 1st or 2nd. But also, would he have ended up in NE? If anyone remembers or can look it up, which teams needed QBs that where, and who was picked in the 1st and 2nd.

Yes. People with the drive that he has have it whether they are a first or sixth round pick. He would always find something to motivate him. Heck, he probably still uses the inability to complete an undefeated season as his motivation now even after all he has accomplished; he is by no means complacent.

Imagine how good Michael Jordan would have been if he were drafted in the 6th round. I'm thinking he'd have won something like 6 NBA Championships.

People would have expected more from him if he went in the 1st or 2nd. But also, would he have ended up in NE? If anyone remembers or can look it up, which teams needed QBs that where, and who was picked in the 1st and 2nd.

But that is true for everyone. You need to be lucky to go to the right system to thrive and win the big game. Eli and Big Ben went to two of the best run organizations in the NFL and with the addition of their talent, those teams became instant superbowl contenders. Do you think Troy Aikman wins those 3 superbowls without that supporting cast and effective coaching.

You need an excellent QB to push the rest of the team to be better. Without that leader, all these great players don't mean a squat when it comes to winning championships. The same goes for Tom Brady.

If he was a 1st or second round pick? I was watching the Brady six not to long ago and was wondering.... If his motivation was to ease his parents pain on draft day and prove all the people wrong that didnt draft him until round 6, would he have had the same fire being a 1st or second round pick?

Discuss!

Probably because he still has that drive and he still would have sat behind Bledsoe.

But if he was taken that early that would mean they weren't happy with Bledsoe so maybe there would have been more pressure on him to start. It's hard to say but with Bellicheck I think he still turns out but maybe some other team he doesn't, really it's hard to say.

He should be paying Mo Lewis royalties!

:worthy::lol:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Discuss!

Hey Come On, you are Captain Hindsight, how about you tell us.

He definitely would have been as good. The last ten years after he was on top, he constantly keeps pushing himself to be the best. He came back the year after his injury and ruled the roost. I may not like him because he plays for NE and I want to see him lose to the Bills, but there is no denying the man is a great quarterback in a great system. We can dream Manuel ascends to such height in the next ten years and we begin to dominate.

12 years of drive and dedication are not just because he was chosen as a late entry draft pick. It's who he is as a person, and wish we had a guy like him. I'm hopeful of Manuel and the future of our team, but we have so long to go before we'll have a team like the Patriots (as much as I hate them).

he's good, i guess.

not anywhere close to as good as big ben (2 more super bowls than him)

eli (2 more super bowls than him--both over him)

flacco (one more super bowl than him, but a lee evans drop away from making him his b*tch 3 times in the playoffs, all at foxboro)

peyton (one more super bowl than him)

or brees (one more super bowl than him)

if you are considering bradys career based on the success the patriots had a) during a time when they were cheating, and b) during an era when the bills were terrible and provided absolutely no competition to them

then yes, brady must look all world, and be deserving of his own thread on a bi-weekly basis on this bills message board.

but if you ever develop the power of critical thought, and realize the patriots are the only team in league history to be punished for cheating, you can stop listening to what espn and other media outlets say about brady (SPOILER--the nfl is a cash cow, they dont want to dwell on its extremely large, very public, black eye), and realize that he is dan marino without the stats. a great quarterback, who, unlike his contemporaries, was unable to get it done on the biggest of stages.

let me throw this one at you before the people with iqs hovering around the mid to high 80s start chirping in about why spygate is overblown:

if you were playing poker with your buddies, and you lost 500$ to a guy that showed up out of nowhere, sat down at the table, and won every hand for 3 hours, claimed to be "the best poker player of all time," but you then discovered that he had a mirror installed behind your head at your own home, and knew what your cards were every hand, would you calmly ask for your money back? or would you say "lol, damn, i wish i could cheat that good too! you really are the best poker player ever :worthy: "

Edited by JohnnyGold

You know the whining, bellyaching and excuse making on this board looks pathetic, right?

he's good, i guess.

not anywhere close to as good as big ben (2 more super bowls than him)

eli (2 more super bowls than him--both over him)

flacco (one more super bowl than him, but a lee evans drop away from making him his b*tch 3 times in the playoffs, all at foxboro)

peyton (one more super bowl than him)

or brees (one more super bowl than him)

if you are considering bradys career based on the success the patriots had a) during a time when they were cheating, and b) during an era when the bills were terrible and provided absolutely no competition to them

then yes, brady must look all world, and be deserving of his own thread on a bi-weekly basis on this bills message board.

but if you ever develop the power of critical thought, and realize the patriots are the only team in league history to be punished for cheating, you can stop listening to what espn and other media outlets say about brady (SPOILER--the nfl is a cash cow, they dont want to dwell on its extremely large, very public, black eye), and realize that he is dan marino without the stats. a great quarterback, who, unlike his contemporaries, was unable to get it done on the biggest of stages.

let me throw this one at you before the people with iqs hovering around the mid to high 80s start chirping in about why spygate is overblown:

if you were playing poker with your buddies, and you lost 500$ to a guy that showed up out of nowhere, sat down at the table, and won every hand for 3 hours, claimed to be "the best poker player of all time," but you then discovered that he had a mirror installed behind your head at your own home, and knew what your cards were every hand, would you calmly ask for your money back? or would you say "lol, damn, i wish i could cheat that good too! you really are the best poker player ever :worthy: "

If Brady went in the 1st, he would have been starting in place of Bledsoe. As a result, he would have been the one injured by Mo Lewis and knocked out of the season. As a result, Brady would've been the one traded to the Bills for a 1st and again, as a result, we would have won 3 Superbowls with him.

If Brady went in the 1st, he would have been starting in place of Bledsoe. As a result, he would have been the one injured by Mo Lewis and knocked out of the season. As a result, Brady would've been the one traded to the Bills for a 1st and again, as a result, we would have won 3 Superbowls with him.

Lmao..good stuff

I believe he has the talent to succeed regardless of where he was drafted. However, there is a good chance that if he were with a team other than the *Pats, he may never have been able to showcase those skills. He is not a purely "system" guy, he is better than that, but he would not have made Superbowl winners out of the Jaguars or many other teams for that matter, in my opinion.

What most often separates the great from the good is their drive and desire to be great. On and off the field. Brady has this intangible in spades and it wouldn't matter where he was drafted or what team he ended up on; he would still have it and he'd be wildly successful.

There was also the issue that the year Brady was eligible to be drafted he was a tall frail looking dude. Now I don't want to say steroids but ughh he weighed 195lbs at the end of the 99 college season. Current weight about 230lbs.

He was also you know cheating

You know the whining, bellyaching and excuse making on this board looks pathetic, right?

billsfan89 was not "whining", he was stating a fact. Any NFL football fan who hasn't had his head buried in the snow for the last 6 years would know this.

Here is a quote from Roger Goodell in a letter he wrote to the Patriots on the matter:

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,"

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3018338

What is a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid rules? Cheating, of course.

Dictionary.com defines cheating as "to violate rules or regulations".

This is not coming from me or billsfan89, but the commissioner of the NFL.

Being a Patriots back pocket boy is pathetic.

The guy is still lucky to be starting in this league. The biggest misfortune to happen to a player, Bledsoe, was one of the highest most important bits of luck any man has got in the sporting world

NE and belicheck had just given Bledsoe a contract making him the highest paid player in the league. They had no other options at backup and even considered signing a FA - Garcia or Testeverde type. History erased these issues but the Pats got lucky and that's all ur was. A backup QB who barely made the roster. There were several better backups in their camp that year, if someone pulls it up.