Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

I think on further review, the TO comparisons really are fitting. Remember how if he was the 3rd WR he might go 75% sometimes, or silly things like that? Rogers Occassionally did the same but also made a ton of plays and often played hard. Just a little of that diva WR in him.... Which outside of a few, most great ones have. Unfortunately most terrible ones share the quality. He's always been great though.

To me, there was a big difference between the TO version and the Randy Moss version. TO used to work his ass off, always in great shape, a very good blocker, etc. He took plays off once in awhile. Moss took many more off, would downright quit at times, just relied on all his talent, didn't really like contact, etc.

I wouldn't mind if Da'Rick played on the field like TO, in the effort sense.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, there was a big difference between the TO version and the Randy Moss version. TO used to work his ass off, always in great shape, a very good blocker, etc. He took plays off once in awhile. Moss took many more off, would downright quit at times, just relied on all his talent, didn't really like contact, etc.

I wouldn't mind if Da'Rick played on the field like TO, in the effort sense.

For sure. That's why I steered towards him. He seemed to be a guy you had to keep engaged, but generally wasnt of the "screw all of you I'm going home" that moss sometimes had. TO wasnt ideal, but he got the job done when it needed to be. That's the feel I got watching da'rick - he coasted sometimes and you'll want to really make an effort to keep him focused but it didnt disrupt the team either.

But he wasn't drafted!

I hope he is clean and pans out for us.

Go Bills!

No, but 14 teams contacted his agent after the draft. Why is it OK that Tyrann Mathieu got drafted in the 3rd rd with his history? No Rogers didn't get drafted but neither did Victor Cruz, Arian Foster, James Harrison, etc. You sound like Joe B. from WGR. The Bills got the steal of the UDFA.

So far the comparisons I have seen for Rogers:

Julio Jones clone

Terrell Owens(the way he runs crossing patterns, run after catch, and seeks physicality)

Cross between Chad Johnson and Andre Johnson(the physical/fight for ball aspect of Andre)

If he lives up to this potential, the Bills have a steal...

He has better chance of being an impact player this year if he stays out of trouble than Goodwin. Ive seen alot of goodwin... He is like Roscoe, but faster straight line speed without all the jukes. Also, he hands are not great and i could only see him being used for a bubble screen or a bomb. REALLY needs to work on his route running and like i said b4, hands are below average.

We will def. be using a lot of 4 WR sets considering we did nothing at TE. CJ or sometimes Freddy but with this staff, they wont have the loyalty to Freddy than Chan did. Freddy is better blocker than CJ and i;d rather him in backfield in 4 WR sets being blocking back.

Our sets will feature SJ13 and Woods out wide and TJ and Goodwin in the slot. However, i think we would be more effective having SJ13 in 1 of the slots opposite TJ cuz SJ13 is great route runner and perfect fit in a fast paced west coast style offense with will involve a bunch of slants over middle when Stevie would excel at. In doing so, Rodgers would look GREAT at other outside WR.

It's gonna be a VERY fun training camp this year. Gonna have LOTS of battles for positions.

I'm hoping Kiko can start from day 1. Shepp was just useless and this opens door for Kiko to get more time on the field in OTA's possibly with some first team reps which he would not have seen had we not made trade for Hughes. Also, Hughes could be unsung bonus this year rushing off the edge. Either way, i like his upside over Shepp's and hes a pass rusher. U can NEVER have too many of those!

Here's to optimism!!

GO BILLS!!

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding the mentality of teams. 13 teams wanted this guy but none was willing to spend a 7th round pick on him?

Are they that worried about the image of taking a guy in the 7th vs. as an UDFA because he was an off-field problem? I find it odd, but am glad it worked out the way it did.

My access to the news is up for the month as of the other day.....I won't pay! I live in freaking Thailand! I did visit 10 times this month, blame the draft. (so just in case any one wants to paraphrase, thank you in advance)

BTW anybody else kind of bewildered by the difference between this guy and Honey Badger, how did he get drafted?

Edited by bowery4

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding the mentality of teams. 13 teams wanted this guy but none was willing to spend a 7th round pick on him?

Are they that worried about the image of taking a guy in the 7th vs. as an UDFA because he was an off-field problem? I find it odd, but am glad it worked out the way it did.

This^^ I just don't get it either... did those 13 other 7th round draft picks have more upside than round1/2 talent Rogers??