Jets Release Tim Tebow

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind bringing him in if he would give in on the QB dream. Try out as a RB, FB, TE and STer. That's about as much as I could deal with this kid.

BTW, I was the first to break this news to my dog.

@ProFootballTalk

Jaguars still aren't interested in Tebow http://wp.me/p14QSB-8zDP

JAX drafted Denard Robinson, a college QB who entered the draft as a WR and who JAX announced as a RB when they drafted him. Seems to me if Tebow were flexible as to which position he plays, it would have been easy for him to land in JAX -- he would certainly sell more tickets than Denard will. That said, if Tebow wants to try out for the Bills starting job ... have at it. I want the best QB we can get lined up under center and if he proves that is him this year then so be it. Buffalo wouldn't be the media circus that NYJ and DEN were, heck TO was a saint the year he was here.

JAX drafted Denard Robinson, a college QB who entered the draft as a WR and who JAX announced as a RB when they drafted him. Seems to me if Tebow were flexible as to which position he plays, it would have been easy for him to land in JAX -- he would certainly sell more tickets than Denard will. That said, if Tebow wants to try out for the Bills starting job ... have at it. I want the best QB we can get lined up under center and if he proves that is him this year then so be it. Buffalo wouldn't be the media circus that NYJ and DEN were, heck TO was a saint the year he was here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

... That said, if Tebow wants to try out for the Bills starting job ... have at it. I want the best QB we can get lined up under center and if he proves that is him this year then so be it. ..

Can't have it both ways, Mitch. Can't have Tebow here AND be the best QB.. I'm 57 and a physical wreck. I'm better at QB than Tebow and I ain't coming to practice.

Can't have it both ways, Mitch. Can't have Tebow here AND be the best QB.. I'm 57 and a physical wreck. I'm better at QB than Tebow and I ain't coming to practice.

Word out of NYJ was that Tebow dropped 15 pounds and was living at the practice facility. I could care less who our QB is -- I'm not married to EJ, Kolb, TJ, or anyone else. I just want the best person we can get for 2013 because I think there is a lot of talent on offense now. I agree he largely sucked the game he played in Buffalo as a Bronco, it's more of a philosophical argument than practical. I just don't see that it would do any harm for Tebow to be at the training camp of a handful of teams that are unsettled at QB. If he still sucks then cut him. Some people are excited about Buffalo signing UDFA Tuel -- do you really think this kid is better than Tebow? If not then why not have the better option in camp.

Word out of NYJ was that Tebow dropped 15 pounds and was living at the practice facility. I could care less who our QB is -- I'm not married to EJ, Kolb, TJ, or anyone else. I just want the best person we can get for 2013 because I think there is a lot of talent on offense now. I agree he largely sucked the game he played in Buffalo as a Bronco, it's more of a philosophical argument than practical. I just don't see that it would do any harm for Tebow to be at the training camp of a handful of teams that are unsettled at QB. If he still sucks then cut him. Some people are excited about Buffalo signing UDFA Tuel -- do you really think this kid is better than Tebow? If not then why not have the better option in camp.

Exactly how much less could you care? I have to know. :)

So much for the "go to Canada and be a folk hero" advice. From Rich Cimini's ESPN.com story:

"Jim Popp, the general manager of the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL, said he'd be interested in Tebow if he failed to land a job in the NFL. But he wouldn't be handed a starting job.

"If he wants to come to Canada he would be in the same situation as the one he was in with New York," Popp told TSN. "He can come here and compete to be the backup to Anthony Calvillo and learn the game, just like Jeff Garcia did [behind Doug Flutie]. And one day he might be the guy; that's our vision. He can learn from the best."

:D

For a "character" player he is pretty prideful.

I know, right? What if Rick Ankiel had said "forget that outfielder crap, I'm a pitcher."

And not for nothing, but wouldn't you think Tebow would want to prolong his NFL career, and thus his national pulpit, as long as possible?

It's odd... I'm not his biggest fan, but he certainly made good things happen on the Broncos. I'm sure someone will give him a shot.

If he didn't come with all the distraction and hoopla I'm guessing he'd get a chance somewhere. But with everything that comes with him I'm not sure he will. No coaching staff/front office wants that big of a distraction from a back up QB.

I hope he goes to a team and becomes a starting QB and wins the SB! The Bills would do great with him. We have a bunch of quick players at WR, and Spiller and Fredex would run the ball. He wouldn't have to throw that often. He is better then most QBs!

Edited by Braedenstearns

I hope he goes to a team and becomes a starting QB and wins the SB! The Bills would do great with him. We have a bunch of quick players at WR, and Spiller and Fredex would run the ball. He wouldn't have to throw that often. He is better then most QBs!

I like Tebow as much as the next guy, but you have to be able to throw in this league. You can't win anymore playing rugby. Its not the 20s

This cannot be a serious post. :lol:

Yes. Absolutely.

Boloney ! We're looking to you to fill Aaron Corps' roster spot. Buddy: Git r done !! LOL !

jb

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

the Jets totally screwed Tebow by waiting to cut him after the draft.

if they had cut him a week ago, a team may have taken a chance on him.

True. They waited in hopes of getting "something" for him. Like, maybe a rd #7 pick. Thats why they waited. Tebow will probably end up somewhere. They were saying on the network that the Patriots were a team that has shown some interest. I reckon Belle-cheat could design a gadget or two with him on the roster.

jb

Yes. Absolutely.

So you would rather have a college QB with 2 wins in a weak conference, than a pro QB that brought a team to the playoffs and won a playoff game. Seriously, read the scouting report on Tuel -- slow, weak arm, doesn't make progressions. I guess chronic losing makes some fans habitual.

wonder if any other teams try him out...seeing that no other team were interested in him when he was up for trade, he might not get any interest

btw - i broke this news first in the shoutbox :nana:

I think he'll attract some interest now. There are plenty of players who get skunked on interest when a team has to swap something of value for them AND pick up their contract.

When they're just released, and can be freely negotiated with at any salary level, it's a different story

Wait.. You people didn't think I wanted him as a starter? Did you? I want him to run the wildcat. I think that's were he is the best or TE

Well, you did say earlier "He is better then most QBs!" Which kind of implies you think he's better than most QB's. Not that Its any big deal to me ...or anything like that. Might have been a good idea to say the TE ..wildcat stuff early on.

Well, you did say earlier "He is better then most QBs!" Which kind of implies you think he's better than most QB's. Not that Its any big deal to me ...or anything like that. Might have been a good idea to say the TE ..wildcat stuff early on.

Ya. Sorry, I read over my stuff a little bit late :) I kinda noticed that I didn't say that in the beginning, I thought I did. Well now y'all now. So sorry for the mix up. The " Better then most QBs" was, he is better in the wildcat then most QBs are.

Edited by Braedenstearns

Ya. Sorry, I read over my stuff a little bit late :) I kinda noticed that I didn't say that in the beginning, I thought I did. Well now y'all now. So sorry for the mix up. The " Better then most QBs" was, he is better in the wildcat then most QBs are.

You know it should be better than and not "better then" I'm hoping. Not trying to be a smartazz...Just trying to help a guy out.

Now that Buffalo has some decent WR's do they still want / need QB / WR Brad Smith ? If not then let go of Brad Smith and sign Tebow to help with the Wildcat / read option. I think the Jets only took him because they thought Buffalo wanted him, and possibly to replace Brad Smith which Buffalo took away from them. The Jets were stupid to not even give the kid a chance.

The Bills will run the read option with EJ this year, and I don't see any QB surviving the year behind the current line.

P.S wonder how that tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey is working out for Rex Ryan

http://newyork.cbslo...jersey-is-real/

Edited by FeartheLosing

Now that Buffalo has some decent WR's do they still want / need QB / WR Brad Smith ? If not then let go of Brad Smith and sign Tebow to help with the Wildcat / read option. I think the Jets only took him because they thought Buffalo wanted him, and possibly to replace Brad Smith which Buffalo took away from them. The Jets were stupid to not even give the kid a chance.

The Bills will run the read option with EJ this year, and I don't see any QB surviving the year behind the current line.

P.S wonder how that tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey is working out for Rex Ryan

http://newyork.cbslo...jersey-is-real/

FYI: The Bills have already indicated today that they have ZERO interest in Tebow.

You know it should be better than and not "better then" I'm hoping. Not trying to be a smartazz...Just trying to help a guy out.

Oh, Thanks. I must have missed that. I was typing on the go.

Me neither?

Edited by Braedenstearns

I "think" the wildcat will end up being a short lived little used fad going forward. Personally I was never much of a fan of that play. Its 3rd and 1...Brad Smith lines up at QB. The whole world knows what the play is gonna be. Result: 1 yard and a cloud of dust. It has been used with some success admittedly. It doesn't make for very interesting watching...from a fans' perspective. In my opinion, of course.