Rd 3, Pick #78: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

boyst

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain how they "panicked."

It's one thing to explain what you would have done differently, but your knee-jerk analysis is without merit and lacks even a shred of evidence.

Sorry, it's all sarcasm. I've been reading all the threads and the main theme is that the Bills panicked this draft. It's seems to be the new catch word and I was just joking.

Two picks from Keenan Allen....damn. Oh well, even though I think this is underwhelming, there's no doubt we'll have a new look offense this year. Graham and Goodwin can spread the field and Stevie and Wood can get open underneath.

Two picks from Keenan Allen....damn. Oh well, even though I think this is underwhelming, there's no doubt we'll have a new look offense this year. Graham and Goodwin can spread the field and Stevie and Wood can get open underneath.

Exactly. uptempo and take the top off !

Goodwin looks bigger than 5' 8". On the surface, doesn't look like Roscoe Parrish but more like a solid running back.

I take solace in the fact that Texas QBs were not a much of a downfield threat. I had no problem with Graham either but had wondered what the Bills could do when Fitz wasn't much for the longball.

All cuteness aside - that wasnt just directed at you, but about 30 posters in this thread. You just happened to be the last of the bunch I read so you got quoted. Sorry if only 80% of my frustration applied to you.

Tj was a raw, project WR taken in the third round with no real qb. I'd suggest adjusting your scale you measure with if you thought he was a total disaster. With realistic expectations.... He was simply ok. He flashed a lot of potential, but was clearly a raw rookie that needs a lot of polish and a better qb. In that sense, he met expectations pretty well in my book and you don't call that a disaster yet. If he doesn't grow, then your project is a disaster. Time will tell.

I'm not knocking this pick, but LV is right. Graham was horrible last year and really let down Fitz. If memory serves, he had the highest ratio of drops in the NFL.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yeah it was a riot watching the team try to work in Parrish year after year until they finally gave up. Then chan tried for a few more years.

Sadly Parish spent most of his time with Dick J. He was productive his first year under Gailey, he just couldn't stay healthy at that point in his career

I'm not knocking this pick, but LV is right. Graham was horrible last year and really let down Fitz. If memory serves, he had the highest ratio of drops in the NFL.

You can't really blame the QB when the ball hits the WR in the hands and he drops it. Graham was guilty of that. And what could be a bigger red flag than the Bills drafting another guy with the same skill set in the very next draft?

This guy is not Tavon Austin lite, that's ridiculous. Austin put up better numbers in 1 year than Goodwin did his entire career. And that's the problem, we drafted another track star that wasn't able to produce in a 4 year college career. That's a carbon copy of T.J. Graham. Graham and Goodwin are limited route runners that will probably be on the field 10% of the time - they are there to take the top off a defense, they're not every-down players. They weren't able to operate underneath in college, and they sure as heck won't be able to in the pros. I'm not against the idea of having a burner on the team, but I'd much rather use a 3rd-round pick on a guy that could potentially be on the field all the time.

Take a good, hard, sobering look at his 2013 game logs. Yeah, that 64 yard run in the Alamo Bowl was impressive, but how many times was he stuffed for losses on those reverses? This is a guy that you can realistically expect to step in and get that 1 big catch for 30 yards a game (which is already TJs job).

I really liked the draft up until this pick, but I just can't get on board with this guy. I hope I'm wrong, but he looks like a lottery ticket to me.

Even more than the drops, his route running and reads led him to be in the wrong places much of the time. Like against the Pats when he couldn't adjust his route based on the depth of the safety. Fitz threw that ball EXACTLY where he should have but Graham was not in the right place and it was easily picked off. No wonder Fitz didn't trust him.

GO BILLS!!!