Rd 3, Pick #78: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

boyst

Whaley dared to compare his blocking to another Steeler... Hines Ward.

Check him out blocking here on special teams. And he looks like he has good acceleration on his great hitch and go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4nq9emo0hWs

Obviously one of his best games but there was all kinds of tiny things in that one game to like. He did blow that first deep one not picking up the ball, which was clearly bad.

But even on that reverse for the long run, at first it looked like 100% speed, but he hesitated briefly in the backfield looking for the block and then accelerated through the hole, that was very impressive. One play that was a short completion he fell down but was able to immediately get up with the ball right in his face and make the catch, that was also very impressive. Another short screen he had to adjust his body, make the catch and then immediately elude someone. The blocking was pretty impressive, even if he only got in the way of his man.

Obviously he is not going to always play like that. But that was a very nice showcase of football talents for "just a track guy."

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the dreaded "page not found" error on this

He probably took it down because it had a swear word in it. I forgot the exact quote, but basically it was a poster with the phrase, "Good things come to those who wait." Except the word "wait" was crossed out and replaced by something like "get up every day and work fukking hard."

He probably took it down because it had a swear word in it. I forgot the exact quote, but basically it was a poster with the phrase, "Good things come to those who wait." Except the word "wait" was crossed out and replaced by something like "get up every day and work fukking hard."

It was "go out and f$@#in' earn it!"