Which QB would get you the most excited?

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB would get you the most excited

We all like certain things about the top QBs. Geno has the arm, Barkley has the pedigree, Nassib has the leadership, Manuel has the mobility.

But put all that aside and think about which QB you would be most excited to see in a Bills uniform. When I think about what my initial reaction will be if any of these names are called.. my list looks like this:

1) Barkley

2) Manuel

3) Smith

4) Nassib

Not sure what that means but I guess I'm pulling for Barkley.

Why? I bet we've seen more games of nassib/marrone than most here have seen of any of the others combined...sure we may be jaded, but no f***ing way we'd be clamoring for someone who we think is a capable qb prospect to continue on with this 11 year stretch our favorite team is mired in

And Manuel takes the lead! (Can we exclude voters who are in any way associated with Syracuse, NY?)

Edited by The Poojer

We all like certain things about the top QBs. Geno has the arm, Barkley has the pedigree, Nassib has the leadership, Manuel has the mobility.

But put all that aside and think about which QB you would be most excited to see in a Bills uniform. When I think about what my initial reaction will be if any of these names are called.. my list looks like this:

1) Barkley

2) Manuel

3) Smith

4) Nassib

Not sure what that means but I guess I'm pulling for Barkley.

I am starting feel its Barkley or a trade down at 8. If Geno is there then it could be a close one between the two, but I just have a feeling that it will be Matt unless we get an offer to trade down (which I believe they prefer to do) where they can still probably get him or one of the other QB's they like while getting more picks.

Excited about Barkley?

That's an oxymoron.

Kinda like getting excited about a new line of sugar-free vanilla candy.

Agreed! He's such a boring choice to me. If they pick him, I will be disappointed. I don't doubt that we could win games with him at the helm, but he's not an exciting prospect.

Interesting that in almost every thread about the QB's, the consensus here on TSW is that if Geno is there at 8 he has to be the pick. Yet in this poll he is trailing 3 other QB's. You can include myself in that too as I felt Geno would have to be the pick at 8 with all the QB's still on the board. I have however since started swaying towards Barkely.

Honestly, I would be happy with any listed in the poll, just not happy with all of them at 8...only Barkely, Smith or Nassib would I find tolerable at 8. I dont even like Nassib enough to take him 8, but I also fully acknowledge that no one knows him better than Marrone, and if is willing to stake his NFL career right now on Nassib, who he knows better than anyone, then I would support it. All the other guys I dont feel as good about at 8 considering we have so many other holes and would prefer to trade down at that point.

At the same time, if Buffalo feels their guy is there at 8 regardless of who it is they should take him.

I would be more excited with getting Bray or Glennon in the second round over Barkley or Nassib in the first mainly bc I don't like the idea of drafting a QB at 8 just bc you need one but I'm tired of weak or average armed QBs and would prefer someone with a big time arm

Kinda shocked Barkley is leading this Poll so far...

Really shocked actually... B-)

Yeah me too although you could see in the threads the past two weeks that people were making up their minds and committing to one QB and that Barkley was that guy.

I don't see it at all. I'm not a big Nassib guy but I'd much rather have Nassib than Barkley.

Zac Dysert to me is going to be an NFL star. I do realize it's not ever going to happen.

Unless you believe Barkley or Nassib are uniquely football smart you can't take them imo, they just aren't physically gifted enough. If you're not totally sold that their football IQ overwhelms you then you better go with the uber physically talented and hope you can teach, so on the list provided I would choose Manuel.

Edited by Triple Threat

Yeah me too although you could see in the threads the past two weeks that people were making up their minds and committing to one QB and that Barkley was that guy.

I don't see it at all. I'm not a big Nassib guy but I'd much rather have Nassib than Barkley.

I'm not a Nassib or Barkley guy... :lol:

But I too like Nassib a little more...Not much more though...

Give me the project guys with better size, better athleticism, or both, over either of them...

I voted for Manuel of course... B-)

I'm not a Nassib or Barkley guy... :lol:

But I too like Nassib a little more...Not much more though...

Give me the project guys with better size, better athleticism, or both, over either of them...

I voted for Manuel of course... B-)

This. And nothing else.

I've thought and posted this for quite some time now but I voted for Nassib even though Manuel would probably be my pick.

If the Bills take Nassib at 8 that means that Marrone and Hackett absolutely love the guy and think he is going to be a stud, and are willing to bet their professional careers on it. And that would get me excited. Anyone else we would have to just hope that they made the right choice without any kind of inner knowledge of him.

There is no way in hell, IMO, Marrone and Hackett are going to convince Nix, Whaley and Brandon to draft Nassib just because they are familiar with him and like him and know he would pick up the offense quicker. Not a chance.

Thats Mark Rypiens daughter

Wow. How did that happen? He looks like dartboard.

After hearing and reading so many of the experts dice up this QB class I'm beginning to lose conviction, if only because I'm merely an armchair GM/Scout. Still - I've been right about most of the QB's in the last 5 years with the exception of Clausen. I thought Kaepernick was as good as Newton coming out of college, and I thought Wilson matched up favorably with Luck and Griffin.

This year I've liked Barkley the most since I've begun really doing the research. I thought I'd like Geno a lot more than I did - you heard so much about him, his stats were so good, but when I watched him there was something that made me hesitant. I'm up in the air with Geno - he might be the best of the bunch, or the 4th - I just can't get a good read on him.

Manuel and Landry Jones were both QB's I think can be above average to Franchise QB's, given the right system and some time.

Nassib I actually didn't like that much. Well, there was a lot I really liked about him - his strength, toughness, intelligence, leadership - but when I watched him play I saw so many of his deeper passes thrown behind his recievers; it just seemed like he had a problem with accuracy. I worry about accuracy issues - more now than ever, since Fitzpatrick. Yet, guys I really trust, like Joe B. at WGR, Cossell, Polian - these guys like Nassib a lot. It makes me think I'm wrong about him. If his accuracy can be cleaned up he reminds me a lot of Jim Kelly or Brett Favre.

And lastly there is Wilson. I like him a lot. He seems to have everything (except big hands), or speed.

So, my list is as follows, with tiers, according to which I think the QB's are close in talent and prospect:

Barkley - Franchise QB, 1st round talent.

Wilson, Nassib, Geno, Manuel - Likely above average QB's with potential, depending on system. Late first, second round talents.

Landry Jones - Good QB. Potentially a frachise QB, but not as much in the upside/intangibles department. Still a solid 2nd round talent.

Glennon, Matt Scott - With time, in the right system, they could be good QB's. Worth a 3rd round pick.

Dysert - He's got enough of everything to spend a mid round pick on. If he doesn't end up challenging for a starter spot, he should prove to be a high upside backup, in the mold of a Frank Reich.

And Manuel takes the lead! (Can we exclude voters who are in any way associated with Syracuse, NY?)

Agreed! Manuel is going to be the best QB in the draft, though we can't take him at 8. We are going to trade with Minnesota for their #23 pick and 2nd rounder, they want Tavon Austin(See Percy Harvin). We can stil get Manuel at 23 and pick LB(Minter) and WR (J Hunter) in the second round.

Agreed! Manuel is going to be the best QB in the draft, though we can't take him at 8. We are going to trade with Minnesota for their #23 pick and 2nd rounder, they want Tavon Austin(See Percy Harvin). We can stil get Manuel at 23 and pick LB(Minter) and WR (J Hunter) in the second round.

If you (strongly) think Manuel is going to be the best QB in the draft, you take him at 8 and don't even listen to trade down calls.

I doubt anyone thinks that strongly about any of them though, enough to flat state "This guy is going to be the best QB in the draft".

Edited by Kelly the Dog

If you (strongly) think Manuel is going to be the best QB in the draft, you take him at 8 and don't even listen to trade down calls.

I doubt anyone thinks that strongly about any of them though, enough to flat state "This guy is going to be the best QB in the draft".

Why wouldn't u take calls to trade back if u can pick up another 2nd rounder. We need picks and players. We also need a QB, but none of them are worth the value where we are picking at 8.

Why wouldn't u take calls to trade back if u can pick up another 2nd rounder. We need picks and players. We also need a QB, but none of them are worth the value where we are picking at 8.

Because if you genuinely believe that Manuel is the best QB in the draft, what makes you think that any team drafting directly after you doesn't see the same thing? You can't risk it if you truly believe he is the best QB. Again, I am only basing that on the way you said it, as if the team had a very strong feeling about it, as if they knew and there wasn't any question about it to them.