Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Stop the madness. The Bills don't have a QB. They need one. They will never amount to anything without one. If you don't gamble on the one you think is best, then you have a bad strategy for team-building. The entire league is built on QB play.

Seriously, how much of a gamble is Nassib for the Bills? The decision on Nassib really should be no gamble at all. Their head coach coached him for four years.

Either Doug Marrone thinks Nassib's a Drew Brees franchise level QB or he doesn't. If he doesn't and Marrone thinks Nassib is an Andy Dalton type then is a man who's approaching 50 years old ok with being just good enough for playoffs and not ever good enough to ever win a Superbowl? What if he thinks Nassibs strictly a clipboard holder?

This decision on Nassib is fascinating to me. It will amaze me if Marrone goes all in on Nassib.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This decision on Nassib is fascinating to me. It will amaze me if Marrone goes all in on Nassib.

I agree it's fascinating, because none of us really know what Marrone and Hackett think about Nassib's talent and potential. I'll be comfortable with whatever the decision is, because it's impossible for them not to have a strong opinion one way or the other.

I agree it's fascinating, because none of us really know what Marrone and Hackett think about Nassib's talent and potential. I'll be comfortable with whatever the decision is, because it's impossible for them not to have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Pretty much where I'm at as well.

Exactly. These coaches would know him best. And coming from the college ranks, I think they have their finger on the pulse of exactly who they would want at QB in this draft. Whether its Nassib or whoever, I think they have a good idea of how all of these qb prospects fit into the equation. Does anybody know off the top of their head if Syracuse played FSU at all in the last 3 years? Game planning against a qb is great way to study strengths and weaknesses of a QB. Theyve had an up close look at Geno Smith multiple times.

And thank God for that. The only ones that should know are Marrone, Hackett, and Nix at this point.

As I have said elsewhere, if the Bills take Nassib I would view that as a very good sign.

Wow. Just wow. Unless Russ Lande is the guy who does their draft. I'm on my phone and couldn't see who compiled the list.

I can't find the author's name either. I agree that is a "wow" ranking, though. Maybe the Bills doing this much research on all of the other QBs was, at the end of the day, the true misdirection play.

Edit: I believe it is Russ Lande

Edited by eball

I can't find the author's name either. I agree that is a "wow" ranking, though. Maybe the Bills doing this much research on all of the other QBs was, at the end of the day, the true misdirection play.

Edit: I believe it is Russ Lande

Yeah. It definitely is. I just saw his ratings and they are the same. Not so much wow. But he's a respected guy.

I found this very interesting

John Pollard

@JPSTATS

Of all the top QB prospects Ryan Nassib was the victim of the most receiver drops (20.9% of Incs). Glennon 2nd with 19.7% Drops/Att

If you do the math, and Nassib's receivers drop 10% of his incompleted passes instead of 20.9%, his completion percentage would have been 66.5% instead of 62.4% and he'd have thrown for roughly 3,994 yards instead of 3,749 and his YPA would have increased to 8.48 from 7.96.
Edited by Bangarang

I respect Greg Cosell's opinion more than alot of the other guys out there. Its been pointed out before, but he believes Nassib is better than Geno Smith. I would be very happy if the Bills drafted Nassib at 8. Heck, Ill be happy with whoever the Bills draft at QB. But Id be really happy w Nassib.

I will most likely regret this statement 3 years from now, but Id say the chances are pretty high no matter who I like at QB, that none of these guys will be franchise qbs in 3 years.

Yeah. It definitely is. I just saw his ratings and they are the same. Not so much wow. But he's a respected guy.

Exactly...

I'm not the biggest Nassib guy...But like I've said before it's impossible to ignore the support he's getting from some folks in-the-know...And it's not just one guy...

On the other hand you have guys who I respect a lot, like Charles Davis, saying that he feels Tyler Wilson is a better prospect QB than Nassib...Davis then went on to say that he felt Wilson was only a potential NFL starter, and a good back-up QB prospect...So he's not too high on Nassib...This has to be the most confusing group of Draftable QB's in a while...Seeing how these kids will pan out over the next 3 years is going to be interesting to say the least... B-)

Sports Illustrated has Nassib ranked as the #1 player in the draft.

http://sportsillustr...bestAvailable/1

Note that the top 4 QBs in the ranking are Nassib, Barkley, Manuel & Wilson. Those are the 4 I believe the Bills have the most interest in. We'll know how strong thet feel about Kolb when the 8th pick comes up: if they take one of these guys there, then confidence is low; if they wait to the second round, then they're feeling pretty good about him.