Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfair how? The HC and OC who just spent nearly every day with the kid for four years decided he wasn't worthy of being their QB in the NFL, despite the fact he would be able to hit the ground running since he knows the offense. The Bills not selecting Nassib most certainly sends a message.

Unfair because the team has to pick the player that they feel is best for the organization - it means the Bills felt EJ Manuel was the superior player to take the offense in the direction they want, and that either the offense is not going to be as close to Syracuse as people think, or the Bills feel "hitting the ground running" << other factors.

It doesn't mean there is any "red flag" or "knock" on the players they know well, but didn't choose.

Frankly I'm kind of shocked no one took Ryan...or Barkley for that matter. I have to wonder in Ryan's case, the fact that his college coach passed him by has been interpreted an an indictment from other teams' scouting departments. I would think Ryan...and Barkley would be decent value picks for someone today.

I was all over EJ, and glad we took a shot on him. The fact that we didnt have to take him at #8...even better.

jb

I'm surprised, not shocked. Nassib has always been a 3rd round talent. Barkley's arm must be worse or at least concerning enough to keep teams away. Barkley is one of those guys, pretty good across the board,no A+ skills. Similar to Nassib.

Gotta love GR. Nothing but four months of Nassib, Nassib, Nassib (other than Sabres, Sabres, Sabres). Schoop and White drooling over picking him at #8. their "Football Expert" who went to FSU loves him more than Manuel. Meanwhile, Nassib is going into the fourth round unpicked. Great insight, fellas!

Why not wait another year for either Bridgewater or Manziel?

The fact that theres no QB that the majority of fans or anaylsts can agree upon is not a good sign

Sign Alex Smith or Vick this year and draft a QB next year. My 2 Cents.

Manziel will not even be drafted when he comes out.

I just feel bad for the kid. I've always had the opinion that I would support whoever we drafted at QB and trust that the staff did their homework and got the right guy.

With that, no one had Nassib really leaving the 2nd round, let alone waiting until round 4. Same for Barkley.

As of now, with a 4th, I'd be all for taking either of them. Worst case scenario, they are a back-up and we can cut Jackson or Kolb. Best case scenario, we have two legit starter options

Everyone knows (or should by now) that Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick. You just never know, Nassib and/or Barkley could turn out to be good or even great starting QB's someday. Everyone said numerous times that there were no franchise QB's in this draft class, that it was a terrible year for QB's. That shows as only 3 have been drafted so far. That doesn't mean they are right or wrong, only time will tell. I don't think the Bills will do what Washington did last year with RGIII/Cousins. They probably should but I don't believe they will do that to EJ. They will justify and protect picking him at 16th at all costs.

I just feel bad for the kid. I've always had the opinion that I would support whoever we drafted at QB and trust that the staff did their homework and got the right guy.

With that, no one had Nassib really leaving the 2nd round, let alone waiting until round 4. Same for Barkley.

As of now, with a 4th, I'd be all for taking either of them. Worst case scenario, they are a back-up and we can cut Jackson or Kolb. Best case scenario, we have two legit starter options

Too many other needs,to waste a pick on them. I feel bad for all the kids,not just Nassib. He is what he is,That is why he`s where he is.No arm.

Everyone knows (or should by now) that Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick. You just never know, Nassib and/or Barkley could turn out to be good or even great starting QB's someday. Everyone said numerous times that there were no franchise QB's in this draft class, that it was a terrible year for QB's. That shows as only 3 have been drafted so far. That doesn't mean they are right or wrong, only time will tell. I don't think the Bills will do what Washington did last year with RGIII/Cousins. They probably should but I don't believe they will do that to EJ. They will justify and protect picking him at 16th at all costs.

I wanted Ryan Nassib simply because I live in Syracuse and I love the growing SU-Buffalo Bills connection. But if the Bills didn't select Nassib I would have preferred that they didn't waste time-money on anyone else. Just pick linemen, etc. Stay away from all of the other QBs.

Gotta love GR. Nothing but four months of Nassib, Nassib, Nassib (other than Sabres, Sabres, Sabres). Schoop and White drooling over picking him at #8. their "Football Expert" who went to FSU loves him more than Manuel. Meanwhile, Nassib is going into the fourth round unpicked. Great insight, fellas!

Just wait. Here comes 4 months of "why did the Bills not take Nassib?"

PTR

This is why I didn't want Nassib. He was an average at best recruit that Marrone maximized. That's why I wanted an elite talent for Marrone to work with. RN did not have a high ceiling & he never should have been told he was a 1st round qb. Because talent was, he wasn't.

And he's right where he belongs - holding a clipboard for the next 4 years. Thank God we did not take him and I don't have to look at his ugly throws.

I even made myself a new avatar just in case we picked this guy, if anyone wants it feel free

pBnun6E.png

Everyone knows how much dog wanted Nassib here in Buffalo, but I'm not completely let down because the New York Giants are my 2nd favorite Football team. I realize Nassib will be in a backup role, most rookies are, and you can't ask for better mentors then HC Coughlin and Eli Manning.

Good Luck Ryan Nassib, love ya man, I know it hurts right now, but this is all for the best and one day it will be your turn.

A Championship Caliber QB has been united with a Championship Caliber football team. :thumbsup:

Everyone knows how much dog wanted Nassib here in Buffalo, but I'm not completely let down because the New York Giants are my 2nd favorite Football team. I realize Nassib will be in a backup role, most rookies are, and you can't ask for better mentors then HC Coughlin and Eli Manning.

Good Luck Ryan Nassib, love ya man, I know it hurts right now, but this is all for the best and one day it will be your turn.

A Championship Caliber QB has been united with a Championship Caliber football team. :thumbsup:

Whoa.......seriously getting uncomfortable.

Dog, are you a huge Syracuse fan? Or did your infatuation for Nassib begin when they hired MArrone?

Buy his fathead and some candles. Is your woman jealous,if you like woman ?

Whoa.......seriously getting uncomfortable.

I know what you mean. A Bills fan loving on the Giants? Have we no sense of history? Has the phrase "wide right" lost meaning to us? :w00t:

Dog, are you a huge Syracuse fan? Or did your infatuation for Nassib begin when they hired MArrone?

Oh, I didn't know what you mean. It is a little odd, but just tell yourself: His Kink is O.K. :bag: