Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the trade down idea but not to get a specific player but to position ourselves to puck a QB and address other needs. And extra second and or third round pick would be helpful.

Andy Murray or Tyler Wilson are the two QB I like the most but we'll wait and see.

... not into Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0 ... alex smith this year, draft qb next year ... draft teo ... defence wins championships ...

That statement is so ignorant is should be painful

I dont think anyone considers Nassib a 1st round pick??

Wait until the Sr. Bown and Combine are over.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Flacco can't get it done with Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith and a good defense.

Highly overrated.

Can't get it done? Lets see here....5 years in the NFL, 5 years in the playoffs...in arguably one of the toughest divisions in football during that time...(sans Cleveland)..if not for a dropped pass in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game he is a Superbowl QB...keep or better yet start start drafting QBs with "upside and potential"...makes sense to me...

There was a brinks truck near me that flipped over throwing 10 million dollars of silver all over the highway...so no go for Flacco

You probably just kept going too....

Edited by johnnywo

Wait until the Sr. Bown and Combine are over.

Dont get me wrong. I like Nassib a lot. I thought he was a better QB than McNabb (I know, blasphemy). I just dont know how it will translate to the NFL.

Can't get it done? Lets see here....5 years in the NFL, 5 years in the playoffs...in arguably one of the toughest divisions in football during that time...(sans Cleveland)..if not for a dropped pass in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game he is a Superbowl QB...keep or better yet start start drafting QBs with "upside and potential"...makes sense to me...

Baltimore's expectations are SB. Getting ousted in the playoffs is not getting it done. I understand your point though.

Back up the BRINKS truck for FLACCO....nuff said

Probably one of the worst ideas that's ever been floated on this board, right up there with hiring Marty Shottenheimer as HC. Flacco got his OC fired this year and is on the verge of being run out of Baltimore. Yep, let's back up the truck.

Way too early to be talking about trading up or down with a particular player in mind. We are months away from the combine. We don't even know who is going to declare. This year in particular, no one has any idea how the QB class is going to shake out. Everyone is writing off Matt Barkley, but I would not be surprised to see him go in the top ten. I also would not be surprised if he drops into the 3d round. Even a guy like Teo is a question mark at this point. We know he's a great college LB and an inspirational leader, but I am not convinced he's necessarily even a first round pick. He seems a little undersized and I'm not sure how fast he is. A lot will depend on how he does at the combine.

Nassib at best is a 4th to 5th round pick if your gonna trade down you do it for Barkley

I thought that at first, then went and looked at about four games of Nassib's from 2012 and came away impressed (Rutgers was the one game that he looked bad). It's not that he's great at one thing, but he seems like he's good at a lot of things playing QB. I'm not saying he looked like Drew Brees, but he gave me the impression of a Brees type QB. To me, he looks like he could be a potential franchise QB if he put in the time and dedication to become one. I'm thinking his stock could very easily rise into the first round after looking at the videos I just saw. Would he go #1, no way. But I could see him rise enough to eventually get consideration from the Cards at #7, Bills at #8, Jets at #9 and Tampa Bay at #13 (HC doesn't seem to like his QB).

Once teams without QBs see that this kid does a lot of things very well and they are in the market for a starting QB, then all bets are off. Once he gets in the back range of the first round one of the teams up front will probably pull the trigger and draft him much higher than expected.

5th rd????? He's trying to be funny.......I hope

Am I trying to be funny? I think anybody boosting Nassib as a high draft pick is trying to be funny or delusional- people on this board have hyped Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Mike Glennon, Zac Dysert, Ryan Nassib and E.J. Manuel as a future savior of this team, well the odds are that 9 of these guys are doing nothing in the NFL. I've posted this before a list of QBs drafted

2003. Carson Palmer , Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Dave Ragone, Chris Simms, Seneca Wallace, Brian St. Pierre, Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger, Kliff Kingsbury, Ken Dorsey

2004. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, J. P. Losman, Matt Schaub†, Luke McCown, Craig Krenzel, Andy Hall, Josh Harris, Jim Sorgi, Jeff Smoker, John Navarre, Cody Pickett, Casey Bramlet, Matt Mauck, B. J. Symons, Bradlee Van Pelt

2005. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye, Andrew Walter,David Greene, Kyle Orton, Stefan LeFors, Dan Orlovsky, Adrian McPherson, Derek Anderson, James Kilian, Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick

2006. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle, Brad Smith, Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs, Reggie McNeal, Bruce Gradkowski, D. J. Shockley,

2007. JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback ,Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith, Jordan Palmer, Tyler Thigpen,

2008. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Kevin O'Connell, John David Booty, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Colt Brennan, Andre' Woodson, Matt Flynn,

2009. Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Pat White, Stephen McGee, Rhett Bomar Nate Davis, Tom Brandstater, Mike Teel, Keith Null, Curtis Painter,

2010. Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Mike Kafka, John Skelton, Jonathan Crompton, Rusty Smith, Dan LeFevour, Joe Webb, Sean Canfield, Tony Pike, Zac Robinson

2011. Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett, Ricky Stanzi, T. J. Yates, Nathan Enderle, Tyrod Taylor, Greg McElroy

2012. Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Lindley, B. J. Coleman, Chandler Harnish

most of these QBs that some Bills fan loves will in three years be just as well thought of as Stephen McGee or Rusty Smith- really Bills fan you can not wish and want these QBs into quality QBs - people looking at these QBs without the desperate need that Bills fans have rate this class as below average - they are not being mean or cruel it's just their sense of reality has not been warp through desire- there is nobody in New England or Green Bay saying wow what a QB class we have in 2013, there are 10 QBs that deserve to be drafted in the first round.

Probably one of the worst ideas that's ever been floated on this board, right up there with hiring Marty Shottenheimer as HC. Flacco got his OC fired this year and is on the verge of being run out of Baltimore. Yep, let's back up the truck.

I love message boards!

Am I trying to be funny? I think anybody boosting Nassib as a high draft pick is trying to be funny or delusional- people on this board have hyped Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Mike Glennon, Zac Dysert, Ryan Nassib and E.J. Manuel as a future savior of this team, well the odds are that 9 of these guys are doing nothing in the NFL. I've posted this before a list of QBs drafted

2003. Carson Palmer , Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Dave Ragone, Chris Simms, Seneca Wallace, Brian St. Pierre, Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger, Kliff Kingsbury, Ken Dorsey

2004. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, J. P. Losman, Matt Schaub†, Luke McCown, Craig Krenzel, Andy Hall, Josh Harris, Jim Sorgi, Jeff Smoker, John Navarre, Cody Pickett, Casey Bramlet, Matt Mauck, B. J. Symons, Bradlee Van Pelt

2005. Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye, Andrew Walter,David Greene, Kyle Orton, Stefan LeFors, Dan Orlovsky, Adrian McPherson, Derek Anderson, James Kilian, Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick

2006. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle, Brad Smith, Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs, Reggie McNeal, Bruce Gradkowski, D. J. Shockley,

2007. JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback ,Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith, Jordan Palmer, Tyler Thigpen,

2008. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Kevin O'Connell, John David Booty, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Colt Brennan, Andre' Woodson, Matt Flynn,

2009. Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Pat White, Stephen McGee, Rhett Bomar Nate Davis, Tom Brandstater, Mike Teel, Keith Null, Curtis Painter,

2010. Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Mike Kafka, John Skelton, Jonathan Crompton, Rusty Smith, Dan LeFevour, Joe Webb, Sean Canfield, Tony Pike, Zac Robinson

2011. Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett, Ricky Stanzi, T. J. Yates, Nathan Enderle, Tyrod Taylor, Greg McElroy

2012. Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Lindley, B. J. Coleman, Chandler Harnish

most of these QBs that some Bills fan loves will in three years be just as well thought of as Stephen McGee or Rusty Smith- really Bills fan you can not wish and want these QBs into quality QBs - people looking at these QBs without the desperate need that Bills fans have rate this class as below average - they are not being mean or cruel it's just their sense of reality has not been warp through desire- there is nobody in New England or Green Bay saying wow what a QB class we have in 2013, there are 10 QBs that deserve to be drafted in the first round.

So why is it that the experts without the "desperate need Bills fans have" are rating Nassib as a 2nd rounder?

You probably just kept going too....

Agreed. It's stylish to knock him, which really may have left him UNDERrated currently. He's a good qb, and people act like he's trash. Not a top 5 guy but you'd think he's the worst out there with how some talk.

I thought that at first, then went and looked at about four games of Nassib's from 2012 and came away impressed (Rutgers was the one game that he looked bad). It's not that he's great at one thing, but he seems like he's good at a lot of things playing QB. I'm not saying he looked like Drew Brees, but he gave me the impression of a Brees type QB. To me, he looks like he could be a potential franchise QB if he put in the time and dedication to become one. I'm thinking his stock could very easily rise into the first round after looking at the videos I just saw. Would he go #1, no way. But I could see him rise enough to eventually get consideration from the Cards at #7, Bills at #8, Jets at #9 and Tampa Bay at #13 (HC doesn't seem to like his QB).

Once teams without QBs see that this kid does a lot of things very well and they are in the market for a starting QB, then all bets are off. Once he gets in the back range of the first round one of the teams up front will probably pull the trigger and draft him much higher than expected.

I could see him getting the ponder style bounce, but would bank on an early 2 getting him.