Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Trade down to the later part of the 1st round. If Marrone is married to Nassib, grab him...or whatever QB they like in this draft

I would love this scenario if Jarvus Jones is gone when we pick. If not, grab Jones, trade back into first and nab Nassib.

Nassib at best is a 4th to 5th round pick if your gonna trade down you do it for Barkley

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought that at first, then went and looked at about four games of Nassib's from 2012 and came away impressed (Rutgers was the one game that he looked bad). It's not that he's great at one thing, but he seems like he's good at a lot of things playing QB. I'm not saying he looked like Drew Brees, but he gave me the impression of a Brees type QB. To me, he looks like he could be a potential franchise QB if he put in the time and dedication to become one. I'm thinking his stock could very easily rise into the first round after looking at the videos I just saw. Would he go #1, no way. But I could see him rise enough to eventually get consideration from the Cards at #7, Bills at #8, Jets at #9 and Tampa Bay at #13 (HC doesn't seem to like his QB).

Once teams without QBs see that this kid does a lot of things very well and they are in the market for a starting QB, then all bets are off. Once he gets in the back range of the first round one of the teams up front will probably pull the trigger and draft him much higher than expected.

Agreed. I've seen him projected from late 1st to 2nd, while QB's like Murray and Landry Jones are in the 3rd and 4th. If this holds up through the combine, I would take Nassib and then whatever QB falls. Can't hurt to draft 2. One will hopefully work out. If not, draft 2 every year until it does.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not trade up?

Because you trade up to get a specific player and in the first likely because you are one player away from the SB and you are willing to give up a likely starter this year to get this immeidate difference maker or ecven more potential if lower rounders are needed to move up or perhaps even a first next year is needed to move up.

The simple fact is the Bills are not one player away from making the SB and many signs indicate we may be more than one player from simply making the playoffs.

This team needs to produce from the draft and FA

2 LBs (one a great starter and at least one back-up OLB

A speed receiver

A startng QB (or a rookie to develop under Fitz as it provides the ame cap hit whether we cut or keep him)

Sundry back=ups or two.

The Bills simply would have great difficulty trading away a possible starter to move up only to get a player like a Geno Smith who is a talent but no one confuses Smith as Luck quality player who would make a trade up worthwhile. If you want to trade up for someone then you need to get and how much you are willing to give up on starters you need to compete.

I just haven't seen enough of this guy, if we can get Fitz to restructure his contract do to not living up to expectations or cut him then we could go for QB that has proven himself in the NFL through FA .

Say - A. Smith, Matt Moore, Cousins, V Young, Flynn, Vick there are a lot of possibilities out there, bring in a Nassib or my personal favorite Taj Boyd or Tyler Wilson or Bray (of which think all have a higher upside than Nassib) in a later round & let them compete in preseason & OTA's a bit & bring him along with the new offensive system.

Set him free in is second year when they have a better grasp on the O !!

Just noticed no more Landry Jones as a #1 pick in your sig. What gives?

just not feeling it, he is good but don't think he will be elite so I wouldn't unless he drops. Bray reminds me of Marino with the big arm and release but needs to work on the mental side of the game.

Tyler Wilson , Tyler Bray or Taj Boyd !! 3 best in the draft ...

Boyd isn't coming out and running QBs wont last in this league

Why not wait another year for either Bridgewater or Manziel?

The fact that theres no QB that the majority of fans or anaylsts can agree upon is not a good sign

Sign Alex Smith or Vick this year and draft a QB next year. My 2 Cents.

With Doug Marrone coming in as HC I don't think its unreasonable to think he will bring Ryan Nassib as his QB.

USC was arguably the orange's toughest game last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY

I am a simple ignorant schmuck when it comes to player ability analysis.....but....that video seemed to me to be a better endorsement for Marrone's offensive system rather than for Nassib's QB abilities.

Nassib displayed intelligence and accurracy this season completing 63 percent of his passes for 3,619 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Nassib had a record-setting game in a narrow loss to Northwestern in Syracuse's opener. He threw four touchdowns in the second half to give the Orange a lead. Nassib set Syracuse records in passing attempts and yards as he completed 45-of-66 passes for 479 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Nassib also picked up some clutch yards on the ground.

Syracuse doesn't have a strong supporting cast, and Nassib has played better than his numbers indicate.

Nassib looks like a decent mid-round prospect. I wouldn't touch him in the first round. Even the casual observer can see the massive flaws in his game.

I think you should watch more football.

I am a simple ignorant schmuck when it comes to player ability analysis.....but....that video seemed to me to be a better endorsement for Marrone's offensive system rather than for Nassib's QB abilities.

yeah he looks nervous in the pocket and has a strange pumping motion. But his arm strength looks good

Me

What happened to Landry Jones?

just not feeling it, he is good but don't think he will be elite so I wouldn't unless he drops. Bray reminds me of Marino with the big arm and release but needs to work on the mental side of the game.

Boyd isn't coming out and running QBs wont last in this league

That answers my question. "Just not feeling it" = you actually watched him play instead of looking at the box score, IMO. Jones sucks

While I'd be ok with Nassib in the 2nd, preferably 3rd, I'm not a fan of his pocket mannerisms. He does these mini pump fakes/hitches when he's in the pocket that just drives me nuts. His arm looks average and I thought his feet were quicker while scrambling. If he knows the offense and can make smart decisions, I'm game I suppose. While there are more talented options, I could see them playing it safe if Marrone likes him.

Nassib displayed intelligence and accurracy this season completing 63 percent of his passes for 3,619 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Nassib had a record-setting game in a narrow loss to Northwestern in Syracuse's opener. He threw four touchdowns in the second half to give the Orange a lead. Nassib set Syracuse records in passing attempts and yards as he completed 45-of-66 passes for 479 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Nassib also picked up some clutch yards on the ground.

Syracuse doesn't have a strong supporting cast, and Nassib has played better than his numbers indicate.

I think you should watch more football.

I watch a ton of football. He has a number of problems that aren't evident in college tape from successful NFL QBs.

Not just cuz he wears number 12....but my goodness does he remind me of jimbo with his stature and his delivery....anyone else think so or am I nuts?

Cant say for sure with one video but in this vid it looks as though his line sucks and his WR's suck. He is throwing for his life. Imagine if we pick up another wr threat with him and he gets behind out healthy line. Good choice imho.

Having never watched a single snap of Nassib at QB, I was actually rather impressed with that video. He faced constant pressure and made some very good throws; he was also the victim of a number of drops. Arm strength looks more than adequate. Definitely keeps his feet moving. Anyway, that was interesting to watch; thanks.

Why not wait another year for either Bridgewater or Manziel?

The fact that theres no QB that the majority of fans or anaylsts can agree upon is not a good sign

Sign Alex Smith or Vick this year and draft a QB next year. My 2 Cents.

Some would say....okay, I would say they will be picking higher next year.

What examples are there of college coaches jumping to the NFL and taking their QB with them?

I am sure there are many, and I am thinking, but my thoughts keep being interrupted by

that sick Avatar of yours, wtf, but it kind of grows on you! I am going back for another

look, send help!

Nassib spell checks to massive on the iPhone.

I don't think anyone of us can say with certainty that Nassib will be a success or failure.

Nassib may have some of the intangibles you look for, but my question is does he have the work ethic, desire, leadership, competiveness, & durability to be a franchise guy, on top of the necessary physical tools?

Nassib spell checks to massive on the iPhone.

I don't think anyone of us can say with certainty that Nassib will be a success or failure.

Nassib may have some of the intangibles you look for, but my question is does he have the work ethic, desire, leadership, competiveness, & durability to be a franchise guy, on top of the necessary physical tools?

Well his former coach should be well informed to answer those intangibles.