What QB to sign?

djp14150

The Bills should just have open try-outs for the litany of rejects and mediocrities that are available. It would be like the spring training from "Major League". And Brandon could charge fans $1.00 to come out and watch. It'd be great to see Jeff George and a cast of thousands throwing the ol' pigskin.

Edited by RussellDopeland

I'd take Kolb. Actually, I'd take Tebow would could also help us perhaps at the TE position. He's more valuable than Brad Smith IMO. The guy just wants to play, doesn't care what position. He could play QB, like up at TE, let the rookie start and he could be the backup. All sorts of options.

I wouldn't sign anyone. Don't we see this discussion every year at other positions? Fitzpatrick was a journeyman. Kolb, Flynn, Cassel (now that it doesn't matter), and Campbell are no better than Tarvaris Jackson. This team is so lost in terms of its identity. Not sure what I want at this point. One part of me wants to say that Geno Smith has all of the tools that the Bills need offensively. He's accurate and can make all the pro throws and basically ran an almost pro level spread offense at West Virginia. Maybe they finally get it right after the J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards failed experiments. The other part of me says that they need to take the best player at a position of need in the first round and then come around and take the highest QB on the board in round 2. Maybe it ends up being the Syracuse QB, and maybe it doesn't. Regardless of my indecisive opinion, they are going to need to be right on 3-4 draft picks to compete this year.

Tebow. Fills every need, accounts for every outcome, comes cheap, saves reaching on draft picks that we can use to shore up our other holes.

Since he is still on the Jets roster, he doesn't come cheap, they would have to trade for him if the Jets don't release him.

Looks like

Cassel is gone to Minny

Kolb might become a Jet

Campbell might be going to the Browns

So that leaves trading for Flynn or Mallett

I think they signed their FA QB already when tehy re-signed TJax

Since he is still on the Jets roster, he doesn't come cheap, they would have to trade for him if the Jets don't release him.

Looks like

Cassel is gone to Minny

Kolb might become a Jet

Kolb is a Viking. I'd trade a 7th rounder for Tebow. He makes the most sense for us.

Did the Vikings sign him too cause it was Cassel who they signed earlier today. Has Kolb even officially been released yet?

i would not bring in Tebow to try out as the starting QB. As a TE or at some other position where he can be given the ball and run sure with the slight chance he could throw sure. But he will not be the answer as the Bills starting QB

Edited by apuszczalowski

Did the Vikings sign him too cause it was Cassel who they signed earlier today. Has Kolb even officially been released yet?

i would not bring in Tebow to try out as the starting QB. As a TE or at some other position where he can be given the ball and run sure with the slight chance he could throw sure. But he will not be the answer as the Bills starting QB

Sorry, I confused the two.

Tebow has an upside no one else has. He can win big games as a starter. His starting record speaks for itself. He's a proven winner. Even if he sucks, he's a great stop gap that stops us from having to reach this draft for a bad QB. We can fill our other holes. If he does suck, we'll be in a perfect position to pick a great QB in 2014. It even makes sense for OBD financially, with all the hype and media. Could revitalize us a little bit. More attention = bigger names. Tebow's also a proven leader if he's given the helm.

Sorry, I confused the two.

Tebow has an upside no one else has. He can win big games as a starter. His starting record speaks for itself. He's a proven winner. Even if he sucks, he's a great stop gap that stops us from having to reach this draft for a bad QB. We can fill our other holes. If he does suck, we'll be in a perfect position to pick a great QB in 2014. It even makes sense for OBD financially, with all the hype and media. Could revitalize us a little bit. More attention = bigger names. Tebow's also a proven leader if he's given the helm.

If the Bills did sign Tebow expect the media to say we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Pure desperation move. Front office selling tickets move.

But rest assured that will never happen because we have an ex-Jet coach who knows first hand what Tebow can or can't do.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How did Cassel do so well first year with KC?

top 12 defense and a horrible i mean horrible schedule one easy team after another,

strong run game - short passes- strong defense - easy schedule hello 10-6

then they got the first place schedule in 2011 although the division still sucked - but that started the problems

If the Bills did sign Tebow expect the media to say we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Pure desperation move. Front office selling tickets move.

But rest assured that will never happen because we have an ex-Jet coach who knows first hand what Tebow can or can't do.

PTR

You mean like the other ex-Jet who supported Tebow?

If we're going to trade for someone I'd call Dallas and see what it would take to get Kyle Orton. He's got a proven track record of playing well in the NFL. The others don't. 81 TDs 57 INTs lifetime. I don't know what his "record" is ( as if QBs really have such things ), but he did win a lot of games with the Bears when Rex was out.

Edited by reddogblitz

Looks like

Cassel is gone to Minny

Kolb might become a Jet

maybe true. Then we draft two