Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

I am already starting to feel bad for this kid. I pity the fans that are going to be his welcome wagon. It makes me want to cheer for him just in spite of all the negativity, it makes me want to look beyond what I believe is, at best, mediacrocity to the good QB's in the league.

Lets go Kolb! Lead us to 19-0!

Just because people aren't ecstatic about the move, doesn't mean they won't be cheering for him. I hope he has a record breaking year and the Bills win the Superbowl.

BUT

I find it to be a very unlikely possibility given his past performances.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O-line needs to play a lot better this year, RF got absolutely annihilated even though he passed the ball within 2 seconds of getting it every play. Kolb will go down faster than a kid with Vrolik syndrome if he isn't protected.

I keep hearing this our Oline was not very good last year. You guys must have been watching something i was not. I hear about how Chan schemed around to hide how the line was bad. maybe some truth to that. I might contend that he knew what Fit's strengths and weakness' where. It has been well documented and seen that Fitz did not have a powerful arm at all. When Fitz tried to throw it hard he lost a lot of accuracy. Chan might have schemed the way he did ALSO because he knew Fitz could not air out a 20 yd rope consistently.

Kolb was sacked 57 times in 15 games while in Arizona. Tell me what QB would look good under that type of pressure??

I think the Bills oline, and running game should allow Kolb the chance to be solid. Is he the long term solution, i have no clue really. But give him the right situation to excel in he just might be. Maybe marrone views some things in Kolb that he likes and can work with. Kold was in N.O. to watch Brees and how he was able to keep evolving his game. I am not saying Kolb is Brees, but i am saying guys who have worked next to players and talent are better to spot something then us.

I keep hearing this our Oline was not very good last year. You guys must have been watching something i was not. I hear about how Chan schemed around to hide how the line was bad. maybe some truth to that. I might contend that he knew what Fit's strengths and weakness' where. It has been well documented and seen that Fitz did not have a powerful arm at all. When Fitz tried to throw it hard he lost a lot of accuracy. Chan might have schemed the way he did ALSO because he knew Fitz could not air out a 20 yd rope consistently.

Kolb was sacked 57 times in 15 games while in Arizona. Tell me what QB would look good under that type of pressure??

I think the Bills oline, and running game should allow Kolb the chance to be solid. Is he the long term solution, i have no clue really. But give him the right situation to excel in he just might be. Maybe marrone views some things in Kolb that he likes and can work with. Kold was in N.O. to watch Brees and how he was able to keep evolving his game. I am not saying Kolb is Brees, but i am saying guys who have worked next to players and talent are better to spot something then us.

i thought he was sacked 27 times in 15 games.

Regardless the man lived in fear and had no run game.

I think Bills are very nice landing spot for him and he should be pumped

Hey man, I didn't say they weren't better than Arizona's, they clearly are. But the chief strength of Fitz was his release quickness, and his toughness. He got hit hard quite a bit after releasing the ball last year. Kolb is more injury prone, so we need to protect him better. That's all I'm saying.

Its just an insurance policy. I give the Bills credit for doing something than just sitting on their hands

The sight of Russ, Nix, Whaley and Marronne sitting on their hands!!!!!! Will they get bananas to eat ? :nana:

Has kolb not signed yet? Nfl reported he hasn't signed his deal..is something going on?

I believe the Bills don't announce a signing until the contract is approved by the NFL legal team.

i thought he was sacked 27 times in 15 games.

Regardless the man lived in fear and had no run game.

I think Bills are very nice landing spot for him and he should be pumped

No, I posted this elsewhere. He was sacked 30 times in 9 games in 2011 and 27 times in 6 games in 2012. Ironically it was The Bills pass rush that crushed his ribs and ended his season in 2012.

Fitz was sacked 38 times in the 13 games he played in 2008 for Cinci.

He came to Buffalo and was sacked 21 times in 2009 - his first year when he played in 10 games, and 24 times playing in 13 games in 2010. He was sacked a total of 52 times in his last two years here when he played in all 32 games.

Kolb was sacked 57 times in 15 games at AZ.

In comparison, Fitz was sacked 52 times in 32 games during the same time span.

The Cardinals O-line gave up 54 sacks in 2010, 57 sacks in 2011, and 58 sacks last year. On top of that they had a bottom 5 running game in 2011, and were the worst running team last year. Just some things to think about.