Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and more often than not, it was a pretty bad decision. So much for Harvard schooling on a football field.

With split second decisions, it's easy to make mistakes. Brady's made a few when he's pressured, which is the whole point of pressure.

You guys are doing an awful lot of blathering about not much of anything. This picture is all I need to be stoked about the Bills this coming season:

201303301932703478854-p2.jpeg

Because Kolb will be on the bench, TJax will play and the Bills will lose out and they will have the 1st pick in the 2014 draft, where there will be some good QBs?

Because Kolb will be on the bench, TJax will play and the Bills will lose out and they will have the 1st pick in the 2014 draft, where there will be some good QBs?

While my posting that image and the accompanying comment was intended to be sarcastic, this guess does resonate with me.

I am already starting to feel bad for this kid. I pity the fans that are going to be his welcome wagon. It makes me want to cheer for him just in spite of all the negativity, it makes me want to look beyond what I believe is, at best, mediacrocity to the good QB's in the league.

Lets go Kolb! Lead us to 19-0!

I found it funny that one poster said our OL was weak lol

CBF

I hope it sounds funny after the season is over. I'm actually pretty worried about the OL. There are lots of possible reasons that they may struggle heading into next season.

Even after losing Levitre, the Bills offensive line is still light years better then the Cardinals. The Cardinals had the worst ranked OT in league. Their other OT wasn't much better. They had the worst ranked center and their guards were terrible as well. In ProFootballFocus' time of evaluating every offensive snap (Since 2008 I believe), the Cardinals of last season had the worst offensive line they've ever compiled.

Bad would be an upgrade for Kolb.

I think if the rumors are true and we're moving to a West Coast style offense, Kolb has the tools to be a solid starter. We will first and foremost lean on CJ Spiller & Fred Jackson, which is what Gailey should have done last season. Kolb had almost zero support from his run game in ARI- they didn't even have a RB close to FJax's level, let alone CJ's.

I think it's foolish to write off the season already because Kolb got blown up in Arizona's terrible offense. No line and no running game... tough to be successful as a QB with no help.

Edited by ShhitGoose

Kolb had a better qb rating that Fitz. Fr as much as he got hit doesn't fumble as much. Plus he's got a stronger arm.huge upgrade no. But an upgrade and cheaper allowing us to go after other free agents.

What about QBR?

Fitz QBR 2010: 48.4

2011: 50.5

2012: 45.8

Kolb QBR 2010: 36.0

2011: 34.4

2012: 38.0

For as bad as Fitz has been, Kolb has been far worse with far better WR's to throw to in Philly and Arizona.

Kolb has 14 fumbles in the last 22 games. Fitz has 14 fumbles in the last 45 games.

What are you looking at?

Edited by bobobonators

I am already starting to feel bad for this kid. I pity the fans that are going to be his welcome wagon. It makes me want to cheer for him just in spite of all the negativity, it makes me want to look beyond what I believe is, at best, mediacrocity to the good QB's in the league.

Lets go Kolb! Lead us to 19-0!

I want to agree with you Jboy. Go Kolb. Lead us. All that jazz. But I cant. The cardinals got suckered. Suckered man. Real bad. I wont even bring up his crappy numbers in Arizona.

09 in Philly 5 games 4 tds, 3 ints 741 yards 148 yards a game

10 in Philly 7 games 7 tds, 7 ints 76 qbrating 1197 yards 171 yards a game

11 in az

12 in az

These numbers are lol lmao lmfao numbers. What the F

Arizona paid a bunch of money for a phoney baloney stupid qb. Now the bills did too??? F that!

What about QBR?

Fitz QBR 2010: 48.4

2011: 50.5

2012: 45.8

Kolb QBR 2010: 36.0

2011: 34.4

2012: 38.0

For as bad as Fitz has been, Kolb has been far worse with far better WR's to throw to in Philly and Arizona.

Kolb has 14 fumbles in the last 22 games. Fitz has 14 fumbles in the last 45 games.

What are you looking at?

I see an 86.6 vs 83.1 rating

I see 5 lost fumbles in last 16 games vs 6 lost fumbles.

I see 11 ints vs 16 in the last 16 games.

The only thing Fitz has done better is not get sacked as much which is due to a far superior line.

Even after losing Levitre, the Bills offensive line is still light years better then the Cardinals. The Cardinals had the worst ranked OT in league. Their other OT wasn't much better. They had the worst ranked center and their guards were terrible as well. In ProFootballFocus' time of evaluating every offensive snap (Since 2008 I believe), the Cardinals of last season had the worst offensive line they've ever compiled.

Bad would be an upgrade for Kolb.

I think if the rumors are true and we're moving to a West Coast style offense, Kolb has the tools to be a solid starter. We will first and foremost lean on CJ Spiller & Fred Jackson, which is what Gailey should have done last season. Kolb had almost zero support from his run game in ARI- they didn't even have a RB close to FJax's level, let alone CJ's.

I think it's foolish to write off the season already because Kolb got blown up in Arizona's terrible offense. No line and no running game... tough to be successful as a QB with no help.

I think you are correct. Kolb had no protection. well see what he can do with a better supporting cast.