Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets bring the pitchforks to the airport and give him a proper Buffalo greeting.

I'm honestly rooting for him just because so many people here hate him.

I'm with you. If by some miracle he turned things around, there would be many people jumping off bridges.

Wonder what the delay was completing his contract? It would have sent a good message for him to show up today, but he's just a stopgap.

somebody posted earlier that there was contract language that was rejected by the league and had to be rewritten.

Consider me wildly indifferent about Kevin Kolb. But I stick by our guys through thick and thin. Don't let my outspokenness about Stevie's immaturity fool you, I looooooooooooooooooooooove everyone who puts on that Bills jersey, no questions asked.

That said, I'll repeat what I said on the matter last weekend: with a better defense, Fitzpatrick would have gotten us to the playoffs last year. Of this I'm convinced. He was not good enough to overcome our hilariously poor defense, and we were paying too much for that, so off he went.

I fully expect our 2013 defense to be that much better. Unfortunately, our schedule this year is harder. But, this defense last year would have gotten us to the playoffs--that's how optimistic I am.

In other words, I think Kolb is inheriting a wildly better situation, but I don't expect him to perform wildly better than Fitz did/would have.

somebody posted earlier that there was contract language that was rejected by the league and had to be rewritten.

By the CBA, correct. Again, listen to Murph's conversation with Kaplan.

And then listen to his conversation with Aaron Williams who says his confidence tanked in Week 3 last year, and he never recovered--that he knows he must do better, that last year was simply unacceptable. So, at the very least, he's a master of the obvious!

I watched most of his games and agree the cardinals oline sucked. His bonehead play rate is low enough, and accuracy good enough that I'm pretty excited. I think we will keep searching for someone better while we find out how good he can be

Lets bring the pitchforks to the airport and give him a proper Buffalo greeting.

I'm honestly rooting for him just because so many people here hate him.

Just because I'm not his biggest fan, doesn't mean I won't be rooting for him 100%. A successful Kolb is a successful Bills, and that's all that matters. :D

How can you not be a little excited about this? It will be interesting to see what he can do behind a proper OL and running game.

Agreed. I think he will be the starter all year. Mark it. Behind a good O-line, a solid running game, and the addition of a game changing WR (perhaps Austin from WVU at 8?) he will be very solid. Plus, Marrone likes throwing to R-backs, so you have Spiller and Freddie as WR options as well.

Already suggested....but peach Kolbbler works, too.

I love all the "Kolb" plays on his name!!